Triplemania or Summerslam Tonight?

CDoherty

Occasional Pre-Show
Let's rundown the cards:

Triplemania 22-
The 1st match is the AAA staple at Triplemania where each team consist of a mini, a woman, an exotico, and a normal man. Surprising this match is really good almost every year.

The 2nd match is a big Cruiserweight match with a bunch of wrestlers Us notable guys Jack Evans and Ricochet.

3rd match is Lance Storm grad Taya Valkyrie vs. one of if not the best women's wrestler in the world Fabi Apache for the women's title, I expect big things from this match.

4th match is the 6-man Cage match where the loser unmasks or gets shaved with Jeff Jarrett

5th match is the 4-way copa Triplemania 22. With the original Sin Cara vs. Cibernetico vs. Perro Agauyo vs. the returning Dr Wagner

Main Event is Psycho clown vs. Texano in a hair vs mask match

Now Summerslam:

Rvd vs Cesar's In match I've seen enough of

Brie Bella vs steph McMahon might be surprising

Jericho vs Wyatt Could steal the show

Reigns vs. Orton don't expect much

Rollins vs Ambrose Finally Happening

Swagger vs Rusev Maybe just me but time for a bathroom break during this one

Miz vs Ziggler

AJ Lee vs Paige could be good but hopefully they finish this feud already

Cena vs Lesnar should be Awesome

I'm leaning more towards Triplemania just bigger matches in my opinion what's yours?

I'm leaning towards Triplemania for one reason: the fact that Alberto "El Patron" Rodriguez will make an appearance in this event is good enough for me to be more interested than Summerslam this year.

Summerslam:All it is just this: The same matches, same results, predictable winners, and not enough wrestling anymore. No buildup to these matches, too many promos on one show, same superstars holding championships, I can go on and on about this.

Triplemania: Just started watching some matches from the AAA Wrestling and they're pretty much better than WWE in my opinion. Almost action throughout the entire matches. I think they're more funnier imo. Every match is unpredictable. More stipulations on every match in AAA Wrestling.

I am so hoping for "El Patron" or "The Boss"-Alberto to come out, talk a little smack to the AAA World Champion, and challenge him to a match for the title in a few months. If that ever happened, then I'm sold to watch AAA Wrestling for a while.

Alberto is already talking trash to Texano Jr.

I'm leaning towards Triplemania. More for the hype than anything else because there's only two matches worth anything on AAA's card. The main event has been done 3 times in the past year with the same exact ending. A crooked ref. This time for some headscratching reason the title isn't on the line with Psycho Clown literally saying he lost interest in it.

Faby Apache vs Taya Valkyrie (fucking smoking hot) has been looooong overdue and Taya not winning given the ridiculous PR work she puts would be an utter shame.

10 guys in a Cruiserweight clusterfuck for a title that's barely defended and another that was never even used, been there done that.

The 4 Way between Cibernetico, Perro Aguayo, Myzteziz and Dr. Wagner (was he confirmed as the 4th?) isn't much. I was expecting Ricky Banderas to return but I guess he's still hurt.

And then there's the 3 on 3 Cage Of Doom Match between Parka/Electroshock/Blue Demon vs Averno/Jeff Jarrett/Chessman. I'm betting on Jeff Jarrett losing and getting his head shaved again.

Meanwhile Summerslam has the long built Rolling vs Ambrose feud. Orton vs Reigns which may very well decide the man's future and the main event. It seems obvious Lesnar will take the title, but there's plenty of arguments against it. So it makes for an interesting match just to see the outcome.

I won't be watching either live, but will be hopefully seeing them both later this week.

In my opinion, this year has been the best for pay-per-views in WWE since 2001 - the Royal Rumble was above average, Elimination Chamber had two brilliant matches, and every ppv since has been top class. For some reason, though, Summerslam isn't really doing it for me. I think I'm just really bored of Cena as champion (and I am one of those who thinks he's under appreciated) and would have preferred Reigns to face Triple H - though it wouldn't surprise me to see this match later in the year.

I watched Rey de Reyes last week and was impressed, particularly with the tag team title elimination match, and it seems AAA have improved production values a lot (the last event I saw was last year's Triplemania) but I'm still very much a part-timer, so thanks for this thread, I know more of what to look out for now.

One card has mostly multi person matches while the other consist exclusively of 1 on 1 matches. Fans used to complain about too many gimmicky matches so I'm all in on WWE having a card with almost all straight up singles matches.

Oh my God. Summerslam was tremendous. But AAA went the shock and awe route and blew my mind.

4 main event matches with Alberto Del Rio debuting in the ring! On top of that an even more unlikely thing happened as AAA suddenly has several major international stars under them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back