Triple H greatest Wrestlemania Match?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok since 1996 triple H has competed in every Wrestlemania a part from Wrestlemania 23 where he was out due to injury. so out of every match he has had which one do you think was his best performance and which one will you always remember and why. here is the list

Wrestlemania 12: Triple H vs Ultimate Warrior...0-1
Wrestlemania 13: Triple H vs Goldust.... 1-1
Wrestlemania 14: Triple H vs Owen Hart...2-1
Wrestlemania 15: Triple H vs Kane...3-1
Wrestlemania 16 Triple H vs The Rock vs Mick Foley vs Big Show....4-1
Wrestlemania 17: Triple H vs Undertaker.....4-2
Wrestlemania 18: Triple H vs Chris Jericho.....5-2
Wrestlemania 19: Triple H vs Booker T.....6-2
Wrestlemania 20: Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit.....6-3
Wrestlemania 21: Triple H vs Batista...6-4
Wrestlemania 22: Triple H vs John Cena.....6-5
Wrestlemania 24: Triple H vs Randy Orton vs John Cena.....6-6
Wrestlemania 25: Triple H vs Randy Orton.....7-6
Wrestlemania 26: Triple H vs Sheamus....8-6
Wrestlemania 27: Triple H vs Undertaker.....8-7

so their you have it every Triple H match at Wrestlemania and to be fair HHH doesnt have the best record at Wrestlemania as he makes on but for me my personnel favourite HHH WM match would be his match against Batista I know you all think im crazy cause his matches at WM 17, 20 and 27 was better to more fans but I really enjoyed the build up to his match with batista HHH was the biggest heel at the time and both men told a great story through out

Triple H has had a lot of very good WrestleMania matches but I don’t think he’s ever had what I consider to be a true mania classic. A lot have come close but there was just something missing from them to keep them from being classics. His best match was probably WM20 against Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels. That’s one of the better triple threat matches I can remember and the crowd reaction and emotion at the end was something special.

Even though WM20 was probably his best match I think WM19 may have been my favorite. That could be because WM19 is my favorite mania but I really enjoyed his match against Booker T. That match receives a ton of criticism here because of the outcome but I thought the build and the match itself were both very good regardless of the result. I never minded that Triple H won because I never had a problem with a strong heel champion having a successful title defense at a big show. I think it was xfear that finally pointed out to me how much better it would have been had Booker won, and while I definitely see and respect his point I still enjoyed the match we got. Maybe Booker should have won, and the finish was pretty awkward, but I think the match is very underrated and may be my favorite Triple H mania match.

Honorable mention to WM22 against John Cena. Good match and great crowd (which I was a part of) but I just didn’t think this match got the build it should have for these two huge stars headlining mania together. Still very good though.

It's a hard choice so I'm going to have to cheat and pick two.'

The first was Taker v HHH I at WMX7. I thought the match was arguably the best (along with TLC II) on a show which was definitely the best WrestleMania since the 80s, and a canidate for being the best ever. Strong match with two aggressive brawlers taking each other to the limit while keeping the psychology sharp. Good finale where it seemed like Trips might escape with the win, but Undertaker coming back strong to take the W. Not all heels need this, but I thought the fact you had an aggressive heel who wasn't a complete coward worked as well. The build up of the mind games between the two was excellent, with HHH destroying Taker's bike and Taker having Kane take Stephanie hostage two examples. This, for my mind, is the Game's best one-on-one WrestleMania match ever.

The second pick is the much lauded Triple-Threat in the Garden. The way Trips had been built up since late 2002 saw him always come out on top eventually, and this worked well in the psychology of the match. The perennial show-stopper/stealerm, HBK, looking for one more WrestleMania moment with the gold, and the ultimate career defining opportunity for Benoit, finally getting the chance after well over a decade in the business to be 'the man'. Both of these 'face' narrative were opposed by a man who had absolutely dominated that title since its inception. The desire to see the heroic narrative come true offset against the dominance and vileness that Triple H represented make this one of the greatest stories in WrestleMania history, in my opinion. Awesome match by three absolutely phenomenal workers with a hot crowd feeding the frenzy. No doubt in my mind this, along with the X-7 match, were the best WrestleMania matches Trips was involved in.

I have to say my favorite HHH at WM was X-7 against Taker was his best. The buildup was fantastic. Trip boasting about how he beat all WWF had to offer at that time, and Taker taking this as an insult. The match itself was brutal. Trips being chokeslammed off the scaffold to the arena floor. This was the best match by far for WM X-7. The next best one I would say is WM 20 against Benoit and Michaels. It was Benoit's night but all three men made the match memorable.

I think his greatest match was clearly Wrestlemania 12. Ultimate Warrior was the biggest star of the 1980s and this is where he passed the torch to Triple H to become the biggest star through the 1990s.

Ultimate Warrior was in retirement, but came back because he knew it was the right thing to do. Just like Hulk had passed the torch to him, he needed to pass the torch to Triple H on the biggest stage. Warrior won the match, but in doing so, humiliated Triple H to the point where he decided he would not only take the title someday, but position himself to be the ruler of the wrestling world years down the line. He is now in line to do so.

Greatness came from this match.

I was leaning toward his match at Wrestlemania 20, but by it being a triple threat match, it took something away from it for me. It's a toss up between his Wrestlemaina 17 & 19 matches. I think his battle with the Undertaker at 17 was ten times more epic than 27's match up. The Undertaker was at his peak with his biker gimmick and the matche looked very well. Not only as their great ring psychology, but the match was well work. This was one of the matches the made Wrestlemania 17 the best one.
Then there's his match with Booker T which was highly anticipated, especially with some of the racial overtones that lead up to the match. The match was high quality from beginning to end. Ric Flair interference sent over the top; the only bad thing about this match was that this was the year Triple H buried everyone he wrestled starting with Booker.

His triple threat match at WM20 is one of my favorite of all time. The ending where Benoit reversed the pedigree into the crossface, then they did that roll without breaking the hold always makes me mark out.

I'm surprised more people aren't mentioning his rematch with Taker at last year's Wrestlemania. I personally thought it was better than their first match together and it's Trips' best match at the biggest show of the year in my opinion. I had mixed feelings towards it at first during its build and wasn't sure if I'd even want to see it. Not only did it live up to its hype, but it exceeded my expectations and was by far the best match of the night at one of the bottom tier Wrestlemania's. The entrances were awesome enough by themselves, then you throw in the high quality of the match and a couple of moments where Trips made many of us think he legitimately would end the streak. I also enjoyed some of his other matches such as Cena in 2006 and Batista in 2005.... but the Taker match from last year is definitely his best if you ask me because it exceeded all expectations, saved a terrible show, and delivered a strong match of the year candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back