• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple Cage Match

Vader

Pre-Show Stalwart
Did this specialty match have any merits? To my knowledge this match was used by WCW three times. Once in title match with DDP, Jarrett, and Arquette. A second time on Nitro in a 6 man brawl, and then the Ready 2 Rumble movie. The other times were Tower of Doom matches in the NWA and of course Hogan/Savage was Dungeon of Doom and Horsemen.

vlcsnap-2013-01-29-06h18m00s169_zps85e76cd2.png

I'm sure some would think it's too big of a gimmick match but I really enjoyed this match. You have a cage match, ladder match, and hardcore match all rolled into one. The wrestler having to make it to the very top of the third cage to grab the belt made for a huge spectacle.

I think the WWE could make use of this match time. It's been long enough since WCW folded, and many fans who have watched long enough were probably ignoring WCW at this time frame anyway.

Vince never created it so it will never be seen again, on a B PPV like Batteground or No Mercy or whatever ones they have nowadays it would get me interested to watch the main event if it was a 6 way like how they had that classic HIAC match at Armageddon a few years back, personally I'm so over HIAC matches right now.

What, no demand for the "Chamber of Horror" match, where the match was won when one opponent put the other into an electric chair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back