• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Tops: John Travolta

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
If Tom Cruise is the crazy Scientologist, Then John Travolta is the cool one. He has however had problems in his life. After initial popularity, he dipped out of the spot light for a long time, until he was able to return to glory with one of the films I will discuss. Currently, after the death of his child, he is once again retuning to films. His films can be incredible, so what are some of your favourites?

Pulp Fiction- The movie that arguably saved Jon Travolta's career. He had done nothing of importance before this film in a long time, but after wards the offers came pouring in. Reason why? The movie was terrific. It had a great cast, but really, John Travolta and perhaps Bruce Willis were the stand outs in the film.

Face/Off- Paired with Nicolas Cage in this one, I thought the film is great. John Travolta as the good guy... and the bad guy, switching off as easy as plastic surgery. I loved the plot idea of this film where two men actually change their images against each other in a literal Face Off.

Grease- Yes I loved Grease. Great movie, fun living theme, awesome music, what is not to love? Danny, the greaser, John Travolota's character truly played the tough guy with the heart of gold. Then again, I am a mark for any film set in the 50s.

Pulp Fiction- Like TM said, this movie saved his career. This is one of my all time favorite movies as the movie was fantastic as it had a great cast & of course Travolta along with Samuel L. Jackson & Bruce Willis were the ones whose characters really stood out in the entire movie.

Be Cool- Now obviously my memory on Travolta movies is pretty thin as I know I am most likely gonna be the only one to put this movie on the list. Anyways I loved that movie as I Travolta did pretty well in playing as a film maker turned music producer. I thought the movie had a great cast with Vince Vaughn, The Rock(who played as a gay samoan in the movie) & Christina Milian(who played as the singer Travolta was managing & she also looked very hot in that movie).

Face/Off- He was paired off with another great actor in Nicholas Cage for this movie. I thought this movie was great. Travolta plays as the good guy & the bad guy in the movie as he switches from those two roles rather easily. The idea for the plot where Travolta & Cage literally change their images in a face off was a great idea as it gave the movie suspense & it made the film in my opinion really entertaining.

My mom has always been a huge John Travolta fan, so growing up with her making watch his films, I too became a big fan. And I don’t regret it because the man has been in some fantastic movies.

3. Grease - It's gay, I know, but I never get tired of it. I still even love the music. I have no idea how to explain why I like this movie, but I do, and Travolta basically carried the entire thing. All my favorite scenes and songs are the ones he's in, and without him... I don't think the movie is nearly as fun as it is.

2. Primary Colors - Honestly, I love Bill Clinton, and I loved this movie. Travolta's performance of President Clinton couldn't have been better, in my opinion. He did it without being an obnoxious comedy act like most who imitate Clinton do, and the whole time you watched the film, you felt like you were watching Bill Clinton, not John Travolta. Awesome. And everything else about the film was great. Very, very underrated movie.

1. Pulp Fiction - Without a single doubt in my mind, this is my favorite movie of all time. I've explained why a few times on this very forum, so instead, I'll just go into Travolta's greatness in it. Samuel L. Jackson as Jules usually gets all the love from fans of the film, but John Travolta's Vincent Vega was by far my favorite character/performance in the film. He was just so cool and calm, and so fucking bad ass. It was little things like wanting a please, and it being worth a guy keying his 1964 cherry-red Chevy Malibu if only he could catch him doing it. So awesome. Plus, his scene at Eric Stoltz’s house when Mia ODs is my favorite scene in the entire picture. Travolta and Stoltz had unbelievable chemistry together and it showed in the two scenes they had with each other.

Honorable Mentions:
Swordfish
Blow Out
The Thin Red Line
Saturday Night Fever
Carrie
Face/Off
Basic
The Punisher
The Boy in the Plastic Bubble
A Love Song for Bobby Long

Users who are viewing this thread