• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: The Beatles

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
One of the greatest bands of all times, now that is for sure, but narrow their career down to three songs.

Let It Be: Really, I cannot think of a Beatles song that for me comes anywhere close to being as good as this one to me. It is peaceful, harmonious and a pleasure to listen to. The only part I do not like is the solo of the song.

Yesterday: If Let is be is a peaceful song, then Yesterday is a depressing song. It really is a great song that looks back on your own life. John Lennon's lyrics are perfect in this song.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds: Sounds like an acid trip to most, which fits in with the title of the song spelling out LSD. Some say it was written about a picture of John Lennon's childhood crush that he drew one day. All in all i love the chorus of this song, and it fits in nicely with the verses.

I hate to correct people, but even little mistakes about The Beatles bug me. Yesterday was written by Paul McCartney.

Anyway, I'm going to have alot of trouble with this, because I LOVE THE BEATLES. But I'll choose my three favourites best as I can.

Across the Universe-This song is just incredible. John's voice in this one just takes you away. It makes me go into a day dream everytime I hear this masterpiece. This is probably number one on my favourite songs of all time. I just love this song above all.

For No One-This song is completely underrated and unknown, but if you haven't heard this one, listen to it. It's awesome. The small solo in the middle is great, and Paul's voice is perfect. The chorus is amazing. I love this song.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps-I kinda lose some interest in this song when I found out the solo was be Clapton, but that doesn't take away from how incredible it is. George's best song he ever wrote, in my opinion. It's just great.

Honourable Mentions-Something, Here Comes the Sun, Let It Be, Helter Skelter

While My Guitar Gently Weeps: When I was younger my dad always used to play his old Beatles vinyl records and rather unbeknownst to me at the time my favourites always happened to be George's songs. This however, is not only my favourite Harrison song, it's also my favourite Beatles song period. Maybe it's that haunting piano chord that never lifts throughout the song or it could be that devastatingly brilliant guitar solo by Clapton but when I listen to the song, it is as brilliant today as it was the first time I heard it playing on my dad's long play.

Come Together: One of the most recognizable Beatles song in their entire repertoire as well as being one of their most covered this song is just so damn good and incredibly catchy that's is easily in my top three. I don't think anyone truly knows what the hell it's actually about as it's lyrics veer into the absurd but I think it's that enigmatic quality which has made it so endearing.

Helter Skelter: This song is one of the most influential songs in the Beatles catalogue and that's not an easy thing to accomplish. This song had a bluesy groove with a hard hitting approach that was heard quite prominently in the burgeoning days of metal. Also this song proved without a shadow of a doubt that Paul could write one hell of a rocker and that he wasn't just a ballad man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back