• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Stone Temple Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
One of the best bands in alternative music for the 90s, Stone Temple Pilots like many of their peers in the music industry were able to release some very impressive work. They have to be one of my favourite bands to show people a few years younger than me who seem to be cut off more so from this early 90s band. Three songs I always love to show, that are my three favourites from them are as listed.

Creep- One of my favourite songs for the summer time when I have nothing else to do but to sit and be... a creep. I don't really know what else to say about the song, but if you have heard it, and I am sure you have, then you probably want to just lay back and enjoy a nice drink in the backyard while listening to it. I have heard of people confuse it with Come As You Are- Nirvana, but that is just silly. Straight up silly.

Interstate Love Song- My favourite and perhaps their best song. When I hear this song, I think back to one time when I was pulling a long drive, and I was a far way into it. Had been driving for a long time, the sun was setting, and the song Closure by Chevelle had just ended. Then this song came on, looked out at the red sun... and just about fell asleep. So maybe I hate this song. But no, that is a lie, I actually like it.

Sour Girl- Well I guess I am picking songs off of three different albums. Says a lot about a band when you can pick a song by three different albums and say they are your top three songs. They do live up to their genre with this song, as it incorporates many elements from the 90s alternative era into a great song.

Stp Tri top

Stp probably the most underrated band of the 90's. A truly great band that gets clumped into the grunge genre but aren't really grunge in the the sense the Alice In Chains and Nirvana were.

1. Plush ( acoustic version)- one of the best acoustic songs of all time.

2. Interstate love song- the essential stp song. this is the song that pretty much sums up what stp is.

3. Lady picture show- Always loved this song maybe not on a critics list but definitely one of my favs.

Thanks for bringing this back TM...Here's my list:

Big Bang Baby - This song is just fun, and it's a great one to turn up loud, and drive fast to. If you know the words, singing along can be fun too. Weiland has a voice that works for so many different styles, and this song is where he's probably at his best.

Sex Type Thing - Screw you guys for not listing this. No one likes to admit it, because oh my gosh, it says "sex" in the title, but everyone loves this song. Being STP's first big hit, it was a great way to splash onto the scene, and get everyone into your stuff. Weiland is amazing in this song, and there's not a second where the music is bad. Live, this song tears the house down.

Dead And Bloated - I always liked this song, but it was never one of my faves, until I saw them live. Linkin Park was the last band on before them, and Chester stayed on stage, while the curtain went down, and then Weiland ran out, bullhorn in hand, and handed a second one to Chester. They did the opening to this song for about 5 minutes, and then the curtain went up, and they rocked the house with this song. The vocals are great, the lyrics are awesome, and the music, as always with this band, is just fucking incredible.

"Interstate Love Song" - In my opinion, one of the best songs to come out of the entire decade. It's just fucking perfect.

"Piece of Pie" - Never released as a single, but I thought it was the best song off of Core.

"Creep" - Hard to pick a third song, and I'm sure I'll think of a different one later and be pissed that I went with "Creep". Hard to go wrong with it, though.

Dead and Bloated- The first STP song I really loved. That song got me hooked on STP, and lead to me becoming a fan of the band as a whole.

Sour Girl- This song I initially hated, but it's grown on me so much. Really sweet song, nice melody, etc.

Plush- What else to say? One of, if not the, most popular STP song. it'san all around phenominal song.

STP are my favorite band, I have seen them live 4 times since they reunited last year and I can't wait for their new album that will come out later this year/early next year. All of their albums sound different from one another, they never tread water or try to write the same songs over and over again like bands like Weezer do. They have also had longevity, lasting from their early formation days of the late 80s to 2003, and then reuniting in 2008 to continue their legacy. Here are my 3 favorites as of right now.

Hello It's Late- Beautiful Beatlesque song from their underrated 2001 album Shangri LA DEE DA. Should have been a radio hit, but Atlantic Records criminally underpromoted this record. Such a great song though, it exemplifies their diversity.

Silvergun Superman- Epic guitar solo and brilliant vocals from Weiland. Amazing live song too.

Lady Picture Show- Just an amazing song, timeless. It could come out today and be a hit. The melody is beautiful along with the bass lines by Robert DeLeo.

STP will always be one of my favorite bands. Scott Weiland is one of the greatest frontmen of his era. They wrote great songs and put on one hell of a live show. My three favorite STP songs:

Still Remains - This song gives me goosebumps to this day every single time I hear it. The lyrics are so beautiful and haunting and the melody is smooth and brooding. In my opinion, this is their masterpiece, STP's greatest work of art. And I do have to admit that this song reminds me of someone who was very important to me many years ago. It was "our song", so this song will always have a special place in my heart.

Crackerman - What a great song. I've seen Weiland play it live on two occasions- once with STP and once with Velvet Revolver- and both times it blew the roof off te place. Such a high energy song that feels like it was written to get a crowd onto their feet.

Sex Type Thing - I saw this video debut on MTV's Headbanger's Ball. I went immediately to the record store the next day and no one had ever heard of STP. They had to order the cassette tape (yes, cassette tape) of Core for me because it hadn't even been released on the east coast yet. The song was powerful and gritty and I still turn it up when I hear it.

1.'Creep' until now I thought nirvanna sang that, but how the hell do you mistake that for 'come as you are' and it's just timeless and everyone feels like a creep sometimes.
2. 'Interstate love song' great song just love listening to it while riding in a car.
3. Bi-polar bear: great song, great title the instrumentals are great and the vocals are fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back