Tri-Top: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
A band who has been around since Alternative music has been around. Their unique sound of Funk Punk Alt Rock has made them a success, with many heartbreaks. But through all their pain they have made pleasure of music listeners for years to come. Which three songs do you love the most by Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Otherside- May favourite song off of Californication, one of my top 100 favourite songs of all time, Otherside touches on the issue of suicide, which to the band is a huge issue that have been faced multiple times. Though the song has many aspects of suicide, the central issue is how you life will of course be truly over.

Under The Bridge- Another song of Red Hot Chili Peppers where the theme of the song has some dark thoughts behind it. This is the first song I remember hearing by them and probably the best they have had. The song truly gets good for me as soon as it hits the course. I think the band should have looked deeper into themselves when writing these songs and understand their problems.

Fortune Faded- The band proved with their greatest hits album that despite getting up their in age they can still make great songs like this one. Flea has a great bass line in this song, which goes to show why he is one of the best of all time. My favourite part of thi ssong is how it makes me think of music in the alternative scene 8 years or so before this song came out.

Californication-The lyrics are relatively difficult to decipher, but I really like the sort of story they tell. This is one of my favourite songs, and definetely my number one RHCP song. Everything from the opening riff to the vocals to the solo are perfect.

Funky Monks-This is one of the less popular ones, but it is actually a really good song. I love the guitar work in this song, sounds great. It's a funny song, but I can't really explain how. It's a great example of how the Chili Peppers can do any genre of music and still be at the top.

Under the Bridge-This song is excellent. The emotion in the song and the meaning behind the lyrics are enough, but Keidas' vocals are backed up by some amazing guitaring and it all adds up to an incredible song. Mostly considered the best song the bands made, I have to agree it is pretty amazing.

Honourable Mentions-Can't Stop, Snow, Scar Tissue, By The Way

"Under The Bridge"

I have liked this song since I was a young child. I can't exactly remember how old I was when this song came out. But every time it was on MTV, I always got sucked into watching it. The beat is like a rollercoaster. It's slow, then speeds up and then slows back down.

"Give It Away"

To me the lyrics don't make sense. Maybe I'm not listening to them good enough. But it makes the song sound good. Plus I enjoy the beat to the song. It's an upbeat type of song.

"Californication"

The song is kind of mellow. It's a great song because I believe it's giving a message about teenage pregnancy. I could be wrong about that. It's also explaining how great California is. How California is the dream place to see. I enjoy the song because of the beat and I loved it live.

Fucking awesome thread TM. I'll have to IOU rep you for this...

Can't Stop: Definitely my absolute favourite Chili Peppers song. They opened with this song when they came to Winnipeg in 06 and the crowd exploded. Fast song, good rhythm, I love the lyrics and for trivial purposes, this is the only song I've ever karaoke'd to. I'll say this throughout each of my three choices, But John is a fuckin amazing guitarist, and this song is no exception. It is also one of my favourite music videos

Readymade: Disappointed this song did not end up being a single off Stadium Arcadium, I like the whole flow and pace of the song. Then about at the half-way to two third mark of the song, the music stops and Anthony tells John to "clean it up Johnny" and from there John breaks out into a wicked solo. All in all, I love the beat, the lyrics, the solo, the whole song. Should've been there fourth single over Hump de Bump.

Scar Tissue: Nothing will stop me at all from singing this song when it starts playing (it's like that with most Chili Peppers songs, but especially with this one). I love the lyrics, it's a mello song, flows along smoothly. John keeps it simple and plays two fantastic solos that perfectly fit with the songs speed and flow. This was the perfect song for them to make their comeback to.

Honourable mention: Under the Bridge, Otherside, Suck My Kiss, Animal Bar, and My friend Evan's Favourite, Especially in Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back