• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Led Zeppelin

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Led Zeppelin is one of the most known bands of all time. But what are their best three songs in your opinion?

Stairway To Heaven- The easy choice here, Stairway is usually considered one of the greatest songs of all time. Led Zeppelin's eight minute masterpiece is essentially how to make a song that one considers epic.

Going to California- This may be my favourite Zeppelin Song. Jimmy Page has created one of the greatest guitar riffs in history and Robert Plant sings about the thoughts of everyone from 1958 until 1975.

I didn't want to sound like I only love Led Zeppelin IV so I choose Good Times Bad Times as my last song. It may be one of the reasons why people consider Zeppelin a Pop Song producing band. It is extremely catchy but whats wrong with that? the band works great here and there isn't one member that outshines the other.

Reactions: NSL
Awesome thread TM! :thumbsup:

My three favorite songs for Zeppelin are Communication Breakdown, The Wanton Song, and Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid.

Communication Breakdown is one of Plant's best vocal performances, and the music is amazing all around. It's a good, fast song, that's fun to drive to, fun to blast at a party, and good to sing along to, although none of us will ever be Robert Plant.

The Wanton Song is another Led Zep song that is great to just turn up and drive fast to. The guitar and bass are both excellent, and aren't overplayed for the song. Again, Plant puts on an amazing vocal performance, and the lyrics are really well written. The beat and tempo of the song make it a great lovemaking song as well. ;)

Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid is a classic that almost everyone knows, but not everyone knows the title of. The opening bass riff to Heartbreaker is incredible, and the drums are impossible to not toe-tap to. Of course, Page and Plant both give great performances, but both songs are based on the bass riff, and the lyrics to both are relatable, as well as funny, if you've ever been through heartbreak. "...the way you call me another guy's name when I try to make love to you..."

Ramble On
Gotta love the LOTR's reference. It's my favourite of there's. The love the beat of the whole song, it runs very smoothly along, great story in the lyrics. Fun song to sing to, Plant really shows off his rambling skills and pitch control.

When the Levee Breaks
Great song. This song is best remembered for having it drums recorded at the bottom of a stare well to give them a heavier beat. The song it self is structured to sound like a steady storm beating on a levee and Plant is at his usual self, brilliant on the vocals. Love the harmonica at the end as well.

Immigrant song
Really like this one too for some reason. quick tempo and Plant is again at his best. Stephen Davis's biography on the band uses a line from this song "The Hammer of the Gods". Big fan of the lyrics which include references to viking conquests and the old norse. I have some Icelandic heritage so I think it's cool they made a song about them.

Stairway to Heaven-Clearly. What else could go here? It is one of the best songs of all time, let alone the best song by Led Zeppelin. I can't say much more about this song then what's been said so many times in the past, so i'll just say I love the song just as much as the next guy.

Whole Lotta Love-I'm not a fan of the huge music break in the middle till the end, but the part with actual singing is awesome and it is one of my favourite. Just something about the opening lyrics make me love this song.

Dyer Maker-This song is fun and has a beat that can't be beat...wow, I can't believe I just wrote that. Anyway, this song is awesome and Plant's voice is excellent. The guitaring is awesome too, of course, and this song is one I listen to repeatedly just for the rhythm.

Honourable Mentions-Good Times,Bad Times, Kashmir, The Immigrant Song, Black Dog

Stairway is the greatest rock n roll song ever made. Everyone says it, so I agree. I love this song. The soft singing goes well with music and helps illustrate the story.

Kashmir - I love the guitar on this song. There isn't much more to say, except that it could be the soundtrack of anyone's life. The intensity mixed with the far off pondering of the lyrics models everyone's moods throughout the day. Ok, well, at least my moods.

Black Dog - This song is underrated. I enjoy it, and sometimes, there's nothing more than that to say.

I agree I lvoed Dyer Makr, it's totally non-typical Led zep but it's just cool, Led Zep go reggae, I really like the sound.

Also Since I've Been Loving You, can't believe no one's said this, I love this song.

Kashmir maybe as well, or Immigrant Song, I dunno.

3. Whole Lotta Love - Great song, great intro......Great Guitars and Vocals... Was also on TOTP.

2. Communication Breakdown - Underrated Zep song, awesome, and was on Small Soldiers.

1. Black Dog - This is my fav Zep song. And personally, even though it may be sacriligious, and I dont care, Led Zep arent the best Rock band, Plant isnt the best vocalist and Page isnt eh best Guitarist but, You gotta have some respect for them as I do. Personally I think Black Dog is much better than Stairway to Heaven, although its a good song, these are better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back