Tri-Top: Final Fantasy

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
My first Tri-Top for the games room. I am going to do it for the Final Fantasy series.

Final Fantasy- The original is my first pick. Probably my first favourite video game, I take part in regular challenges for it, and have even started to attemp the ol One White Mage to win the game. Haven't completed it yet, but one day,

Final Fantasy 7- The first peek I got at this game was on a demo disc, and I fell in love right away. Most people call it the best Final Fantasy of all time, I call it my second favourite.

Final Fantasy X- The game sometimes gets a bad rap, but I enjoyed it. It was a lot better than 9 in my books, returning to what 8 had to offer. It is one of my favorite games to just sit down and play when I am bored.

Reactions: Lee
Excellent choices, though I would probably put 9 in place of X there, nothing against X I just preferred and played the hell out of 9. Also on my FF Tri-Top, I would put FF3 in place of the original FF.

Final Fantasy 3 was a damn good game, and by Final Fantasy 3 I'm going by the actual numbering of the game, not the messed up version they pulled in America. I liked how you could change each person's job and level the job up accordingly. Overall I'd say it was a very solid game and was my first Final Fantasy game I played.

Final Fantasy 7 by far is my favorite RPG to this day. It had been quite awhile since I had played FF3 and had completely forgotten about the Final Fantasy series. I saw it at Gamestop one day, thought it looked cool and bought it without ever reading anything on it, or remembering that Final Fantasy was an RPG series. Damn, I have to say that was my best ever random purchasing of a game. I stuck a solid 80 hours into that game and actually broke my PS1 when it didn't want to read the disc (anger management is a bitch). Excellent excellent game, I can't say anything more because most of it has already been said by countless others.

Final Fantasy 9 was my next Final Fantasy game after 7. I never got into 8 for some reason but I bought 9 as soon as it came out. Again, I was really impressed by everything in the game in terms of combat, story, characters, and the damn addicting card game that went with it. I think I put in about 120 hours into this game. The only negative I have against it, is that I beat the final two bosses Kuja and the other thing a little too easily. I can't really hold it against the game however because I was up to like a level 95 when I got to them.

Other thoughts: FF 10 was pretty good, I didn't own a PS2 when it came out so I never got to sit down and put some quality time into it. My bro just bought a PS2 that came along with FF 10 and FF 12, the two FF games I've wanted to complete but never had the chance to. I've watched someone play FF 12 and that looks like a clusterfuck of micromanagement if I've ever seen one. So maybe one of these days after I complete Star Ocean: The Last Hope, I'll hijack his PS2 and have an FF marathon to end all FF marathons.

1. Final Fantasy VII - Hands down the greatest game of all time. The Storyline is one of the best ever seen on Video game. Its a game i can play over and over again and never get bored. It took me bout 65 hours to completly master the game and it was well worth wasting a fair amount of my team years on.

2. Final Fantasy VIII - The most underrated final fantasy game. it had everything, great storyline,great graphics,great gameplay. The sequence when the two gardens go to fight is the best segment ive ever seen in a game it was breathtaking. I enjoyed the mini games in this especially the card game. this would have been my number 1 had Final Fantasy VII not been so Epic.

3. Final Fantasy X - Great game, first final fantasy on the PS2 and again it had everything, there was so much more to do in this one, including taking on the Dark summons which was insanly hard. I like the fact that you could go over 9,999 HP and Attack points, it made the game so much better. It also spawned X-2 which was very entertaining game.

Id like to point out that Final Fantasy IX was the worst Final Fantasy game i ever played, the characters were awful the game play and storyline wasnt good either, Square really let themselves down with this as i expected much more especially after the awesomeness of its predecessors

A Final Fantasy thread, TM's my hero.

Final Fantasy 7: Probably my favourite Final Fantasy and I didnt even get near to completing it because it wasnt mine. The greatest final fantasy game of all time? I am inclined to agree

Final Fantasy 9: My second favourite and the one I did complete, I loved Steiner what can I say, he was quality. Great bunch of characters and they moved away from the moody main character theme that worked so well for 7 and failed so miserably for 8.

Final Fantasy 12: So the latter stages arent as good as the beggining ones. Still loved it though, it had enough Final Fantasy in it to be awesome and enough innovation to be well worth the money. One of my favourites.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions-God I love this game. How much, to the ammount of $170, The ammount I shelled out to buy a shiny new PSP. Compelling plot, interesting side characters, and the greatest tactical style battle system I have ever seen. Brilliatly devised Job tree, and newly added artistic cut-scenes that bring the game to life. not to mention the re-translated dialougue make it sound like a brilliant novel. I love this game.

Final Fantasy VI-Its a damn shame that people fail to look at the masterpeice that is one below the fan favorite VII. Final Fantasy was, in my opinion, everything required in a standard RPG, and so much more. A grand total of 14 playable characters all of which, save Mog, Umaro, and Gogo, have some shade of character development. Terra the young girl struggling with her dark past and emotions, Locke forever trying to redeem himself for a lost love, the mysterious Shadow a ninja whose former life slowly unfolds before the player, and so much more. Too add to the the Greatest Villian of all time in Kefka. A man so deranged and evil he used his god like power to reshape the face of the world, why...because he could. In short this game is amazing.

Final Fantasy V-One of the lesser popular and lesser known of the series but one of my favorites. What the game lacks in compelling characters and original storyline, it makes up for in an incrediable job system, and the greatest reoccuring Miniboss ever: Gilgamesh. All in all i found the game very enjoyable, and it was the first i ahd beaten so it is very near and dear to my heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back