• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Aerosmith

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
They have been around forever, and they seem like they will go on until the end of time. Consistently performing at the highs that few will reach, Aerosmith has countless great songs. But you can make a tape with three songs on it to listen to (tape because Aerosmith should always be played on a tape). Now pick those songs.

Dream On- A passionate song that has a lot of heart behind it, I call it Aerosmith's only real song of urgency. For the most part Steven Tyler keeps his vocals low, but later in the song he unleashes it all.

Sweet Emotions- Ever watch Dazed and Confused? Remember the moment where the muscle car pulls up, and the song is playing? That is Sweet Emotion. The coolest Aerosmith song ever, and my dad's favourite from them, and my dad is never wrong when it comes to Aerosmith.

Jane's Got A Gun- Hold back the jokes from Not Another Teen Movie, because this song is actually a really good song that actually covered a social issue of the time. I have always wondered what Steven had to do to get his voice like that. Overall a great song, that as a kid I loved more than Tacos. Well maybe not that much.

Dream On-Definitely my favourite. The thing about Aerosmith is they don't have ALOT of great songs, but the ones they do have are incredible. And Dream On is the best of the best. It was Aerosmith's big break, and whenever you hear Steven Tylers voice in this one it just sends shivers down your spine.

Train Kept a-Rollin'-They didn't write it, but they made it great. The riffs and singing are perfect and the solo in the middle is excellent. They never slow down in this masterpiece and it is great from start to finish.

Jaded-As I said, with Aerosmith, if a song is good, it's amazing. And I like this one just as much as Dream On and Train Kept a Rollin'. It's an awesome song with a great beat, and once again Tyler's voice is perfect from start to finish. The line "And I'm the one that Jaded you" has got to get the song in the top 3 just on it's own.

Honourable Mentions-I Don't Want to Miss a Thing(This one could be in my top 3), Sweet Emotion, Dude Looks Like a Lady, Same Old Song and Dance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back