• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trey Songz Vs. R. Kelly

Trey Songz or R. Kelly

• R.. Kelly

• Trey Songz

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Legendary_Undertaker

Who wants to Love me Sexy?
Being that there is nothing new going on in Rap music I thought I'd take time out to give and recieve points and opinions reguarding the recent R&B Beef beween Trey Songs and R. Kelly

For those who think this is new I have to tell you this "Beef" is kinda old it goes back to the days when R. Kelly Dropped his Trapped in the Closet series and Trey Songz did a remix to the 1st part in the 22 chapter series.

Kellz sent a cease and disist order to Songz to prevent the rising star from releasing the track.

Cooler heads prevailed and the two even linked up together for Trey's second album "Trey Day". Still Trey Songz in numerous mixtape freestyles sent disses towards the R&B KING.

With a string of similar remixes even MTV has got into the fold with an article

R&B singer Trey Songz's third album, Ready, was supposed to drop this June, but it's been pushed back to August. However, Songz is still working hard in the studio, releasing remixes of today's hottest songs via Twitter. Some include Beyoncé's "Ego" and Cassie's "Must Be Love," as well as hits he renamed, like Jeremih's "Birthday Sex" to "First Date Sex" and Pleasure P's "Boyfriend #2" to "Girlfriend Can Come 2." Since then, his fans and followers on Twitter have compared him to R. Kelly, who is also known for his remixes of popular tracks.

R. Kelly was recently featured on Mixtape Daily ->
Mixtape Daily for his first-ever mixtape called The Demo Tape, a way of reintroducing himself to fans before his new album is released. Collaborating with DJ Skee and DJ Drama, Kells remixed Lil Wayne and Young Money's "Every Girl," a track Trey also remixes and released on Twitter. So who did it best?

I asked a few people in the newsroom to listen to both versions (I also warned them about the explicit lyrics!) and took a poll of whose remix was better. Devout R. Kelly fans couldn't even get past the first five lines of Trey's version because it's simple — R. Kelly is R. Kelly.

Those who preferred Trey's version thought Trey had better vocals and lyrics. Trey's wordplay was more clever because he has something to prove, whereas R. Kelly's lyrics were uninspired (kind of resting on his reputation), and his use of Auto-Tune makes him seem dated.

Even though folks in the newsroom chose sides, the general consensus was that if Trey were to sing R. Kelly's lyrics, he wouldn't be taken seriously. Trey's style reminds us of R. Kelly in his prime. We can't forget that R. Kelly has an amazing track record of remixes!

So is R. Kelly still the King of Remixes, or should he watch his back for Trey Songz?

Now the gloves come off as Trey Songz newest song "Death Of Kellz" is causing everybody to chose sides so I ask R. Kelly or Trey Songz who's side are you on?

For me its an easy choice R. Kelly Kellz has paved the way for every male R&B artist is the game his track record speaks for its self....Lets not forget Kellz is Trey Songz' Idol he copied his entire flow and sound so how can you go with anything but the original? R. Kelly has classic albums Trey doesnt even have a classic Song. Kelly will go down in history as the greastest Male R&B artist PERIOD and if Trey Sogz left tomorrow the majority of the world wouldn even notice.....Debate

R Kelly is way better. When I listens to R Kelly songs like the trapped in the closet one he seems really into his songs. Trey songz not by much i mean the guy has talent but he is not better then R Kelly Just my opinion though.

Well to be honest, they don't matter. R. Kelly is an old ass washed up guy who is just starting to become creepy nowadays, and if they both dropped albums on the same day, Songz would sell more. On the other hand, Songz is still relatively new to the game, so he should have some respect. But not that much because R. Kelly really isn't worth shit. This is just a very petty little feud that really doesn't mean jack shit in the grand scheme of things. The only thing Kelly's really done is the Trapped In The Closet stuff. Still, neither of them have done anything noteworthy, but since I somewhat like Songz' flow, I'm going with him.

Greatest R&B star ever? Yeah right. Chris Brown is better than him. Calling Kelly the greatest ever is like calling Bret Hart the greatest ever; it makes the bullshit meter go off.

And Kelly paving the way for all R&B stars today? Michael fucking Jackson would like to have a word with you.

First off...they're both garbage. Trey Songz wouldn't know good music if it puked all over his shoes and R. Kelly has been having sex with children for a decade now, which pretty much invalidates anything he's ever done. He's a piece of shit, and frankly I hope he gets hit by a train.

Between the two, I'd go with Trey. Simply because he isn't a sick perverted piece of shit like Kelly is. Kelly should be in fucking prison, plain and simple. And I'm sorry, but some of you guys are acting like R&B was invented in the 90s or something...sorry, but there's a man even better than MJ who'd like to have a word with all of us JKO, and that's James fucking Brown. He's the Boss for a reason (though Sam Cooke is just as good in my opinion).

So yeah, I went with Undecided. And by undecided, I mean James Brown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back