Top promos according to you

Smiter

Dark Match Jobber
The Rock insulting billy gunn and
The DX mocking the nation were hillarious promo which to this day crack me up.
What are the best promos you watched and still like it?

Loved The Rock and coach promos they were awesome also the promos between The Rock and The Hurricane were golden!
"I GOT MY HURRA-POWERS BIATCH!" possibly the funniest line ever!

Y2J's debut promo with him and the Rock trading blows was absolute gold also loved Rocks promo on HHH and Lesnar and Heyman back in the day on Raw with the caveman HHH and baby HHH stuff.

The Rock's promo on MLK day. The one where he told Lillian she was wet.

The one before the Royal Rumble where he said he feared headbanger Mosh.

The Rock's entire 2003 heel run on Raw was my favourite run of promos ever, but if I had to pin it down to one it would be his return promo in Toronto, just truly brilliant.

Obviously, Rock's 2011 return promo is special as well, just miles ahead of anything we see nowadays and a genuinely emotional and memorable moment for wrestling fans.

Those are my top 2 ever with Shawn Michaels in Montreal 2005 before Summerslam number 3.

Any promo between Rock and Kevin Kelly were hilarious. It was classic when Rock referred to Kelly as "Hermie". Also, I'll go way back and say any of the Horseman promos involving Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, or Ricky Steamboat.

I think my favorite overall (in recent history) though was when Mick Foley converted back to Cactus Jack from Mankind prior to his Royal Rumble match against Triple H. The intensity in his character was awesome, and Trips looked almost scared shitless when Cactus was coming for him, threatening to tear him apart in NYC. Absolute promo gold.

Austin's original 316 speech hands down the ultimate game changer for pro wrestling thus it is number 1 in my book that game changer is the reason WCW was put out on the shelf.

There are a ton of great promos out there that have happened.

One that sticks out in my mind was one I was at live. Kurt Angle on RAW in Richmond, Va. (when he did the moonsault off the top of the cage and missed Benoit).

He was in full-fledged heel mode and cut a classic promo where he was the best American in the world, better than teachers, better than policemen, better than firemen ... and it was fantastic. You actually believed that he thought these things (come to think of it, he might actually think these things).

Another classic promo I always remember is when Chris Jericho laid into Stephanie calling her a, "Filthy, dirty, disgusting, bottom feeding, trash bag, ho" ... totally classic and Jericho at his finest.

There are hundreds of other good ones. Cena just last night was really good, CM Punk's pipe bomb, Austin ripping out "3:16", The Rock mocking "The Big Slow", Jericho's debut, Randy Savage telling Mean Gene, "No more questions!"

It is really difficult to just pick one. But for now, I always fall back on Angle.

Any HBK/Jericho promo does it for me. Both are great individually on the mic, much less putting them together.

I never enjoyed Rock or Austin's promo as much. They utilized too many catchphrases and just tried too hard to be funny. Michaels and Jericho, when they're in the ring with the mic, you know its must see every single time.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3WbpVOpAHg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMaQhwvhreE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRG-2YtktE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Any HBK/Jericho promo does it for me. Both are great individually on the mic, much less putting them together.

I never enjoyed Rock or Austin's promo as much. They utilized too many catchphrases and just tried too hard to be funny. Michaels and Jericho, when they're in the ring with the mic, you know its must see every single time.

[YOUTUBE]c3WbpVOpAHg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MMaQhwvhreE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7PRG-2YtktE[/YOUTUBE]

Fixed.

It's hard to choose just one, but one that i remember one among several others that made me laugh was when Jericho and Kane had a feud, when Jericho said that Kane had the qualities of a hemroid, irritating, red, big, and a huge pain in the a**, also arround wrestlemania 17 between Triple H and Taker, those were awesome, specially the one about Taker making three phone calls, an attorney, a bailbondsman and 911 for Triple H, plus anything Austin did was funny and badass at the same time, i'm not exactly a fan of the rock's promos, because most of the time he was saying a lot of idiotic stuff, or kiddie stuff, like rooty poop, what is he 7?? And of course, the Macho Man promos were great......

If we're talking about which person gave the best string of promos or is the best at doing them, then I think it goes to The Rock. All his accents, the arguments he'd have with the interviewers (would anybody know who Mark Lloyd was without the '*********ing' line The Rock tagged him with).

If we're going for best ONE promo, then I honestly can't look any further than C.M Punk at Power To The People at the top of the ramp before his charge to the WWE title.

Although a shoutout does go to R-Truth at Survivor Series for his pigeons:

'I screamed at them pigeons, I said HEY PIGEONS, Rock and Cena gonna lose tonight. Do you know what they said to me? NOTHING, they're pigeons, pigeons don't talk, ALL THEY DO IS CRAP'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back