Top Five or Ten WWE Feuds

wewantchange

Occasional Pre-Show
8) CM punk and John Cena- Last year heading into royal rumble punk and cena had a great fued going on until punk focused on orton into wm 27. Then head in june of this year there fued was re-built as cm punk and john cena battled at MITB the best ppv of the year so far and summerslam another great match up. Tho there fued is over(for now) i see them having more matches in the near future including a WM bout

7) John Cena and Randy Orton- This fued started up in 07 when orton and cena battled at summerslam of 07 then we know the rest DQ at unforgiven, cena gets injured returns and fued continues into 08. And in 09 the fued once again starts up battled at summerslam of 09. And the fued finally ended at Bragging Right 09 in an iron man match. And today they are the top 2-3 faces in the wwe.

6) Undertaker and Edge- This fued was just like the cena and orton fued it lasted a good 2 to 3 years and ended at summerslam 08 in hell in a cell. Was a great fued and didnt get the attention it deserved as a great fued

5) Stone cold and Bret Hart- This is the fued that lit the torch for the Birth of the attitude era it wasnt the attitude era until the montreal screwjob but this fued was heading in that direction IMO. Without this fued there would be no toughest sob stone cold.

4) Undertaker and Kane- The fued put together of the two brothers Taker and Kane. Starting in 1997 when kane debuted on the WWe and battled many matches including the first ever inferno match. Had a great match at wrestlemania 14. The two had not fueded in a while and the fued once again got personal at survivor series 0f 2003 when kane buried taker alive. Taker would return and go on to defeat kane at WM 20. Once again they fueded in 2010 when kane returned to see who put him out of action and the fued would last until Bragging rights 2010 when taker was buried alive by The nexus. But for now i think the fued is over with. Maybe until later this year. This wasnt just a fued it was a rivalry.

3) HBK and HHH- This was also a rivalry beginning in 2002 when triple h pedigreed michaels in the return of DX. Also beatin him to death in the parking lot. There match at summer slam 02 was one of the greatest matches in history IMO. And we know the rest the battled at arnageddon. and the fued once again was re debut at royal rumble 2004 in a last man standing match another amazing match. The fued would end at bad blood 04 in a hell in a cell match. Thus the two would once again become friends in wwe storylines and begin the new dx. And hoping shawn michaels returns this year we could see one more match between the two.

2) The rock and Stone Cold- do i really have to explain this one? if ur a fan of the attitude era u know this was the top fued that was in the attitude era besides my #1 fued. they battled at 3 wrestlemanias wm 15, 17 and 19 with austin winning 2 and rock winning one. so the fued basically last 1997 to 2003 a great rivalry that was the greatest rivalry between 2 wwe superstars.

and now my #1 fued of all time

1) Stone cold steve austin and Vince mcmahon- Everyone who is a wrestling fan should know that this is the attitude era it defined it, created it and ended it. It was the RIVALRY that began the monday night wars and won the monday night war with this one fued. the boss against the anti-sob stone cold. It doesnt get any better than this there will never be another fued like this. The attitude era pretty much got its fuel and fire from this fued. And at WM 17 with stone cold joining scsa was the day the fire was put out as the ettitude era officially ended The sob stone cold joined the man he went to war with for years. But we all know we would see stone cold stun mcmahon multiple times again after wm 17. But this is the #1 fued in wwe history.
:worship:

A good list, but it only goes back to the Monday Night Wars. Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage or Hogan vs. Roddy Piper probably deserve to be on the list more than some of the others.

Austin vs. McMahon definitely deserved to be #1, but I am surprised you didn't have Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels on the list. Any reason why?

ur right bret hart vs hbk was a good list idk just forgot bout it i guess. i just put well known fueds that i know of cuz i remember some great fueds going on but back in the 80s and early 90s didnt really go thru my head

ive only been really watching wwe for about 12 years or so but here are mine in no specific order...

1.) Jericho vs. HBK
-Great feud, saw a new side of Jericho a sadistic side. Felt personal which you dont get that much anymore. Great matches as well. Jericho cut some awesome promos and came out on top more than i would have expected. He really is one of the best in the business, not many can go from face to hell to face to heel and change everyones opinion on him in a matter of one promo. He can work with anyone and when he works with another great in teh business you get one of the best feuds of all time.
2.) HHH vs. HBK
-This has years and years in the making. Matches were very well done. The whole who attacked HBK storyline was good, i was young at the time so had no idea. The Summerslam match was awesome. And a huge moment when HBK won the first Elimination Chamber Match. Another feud that felt personal...
3.) Orton vs. HHH
-I didnt think the matches were all that great, they were good but nothing amazing. The feud though was awesome. They tapped into real life with HHH coming ot the aid of the McMahons. This was when Orton was at the top of his game in my opinion. His "voices" gimmick was great. When he had HHH handcuffed to teh ropes and laid a kiss on Steph..that was awesome..
4.) Kane vs. Taker
-Just like HBK/HHH the feud had been going on for years. Switching back and forth to partners then back to enemies. I liked the more recent feud because I think Kane deserved what he got. He desevred a strong run and to actually come out on top of the feud. matches were ok the paul bearer involvment was lame. But it was a nice change of pace having Kane look stronger than Taker for the first time...
5.) Lesnar vs. Angle
-Loved this feud. it started as Lesnar a face and Angle heel. Lead to a great WM Match. then turned to Angle being face and Lesnar heel. they traded the title and put on excellent matches.
6.) Taker vs. Edge
-One of my favorite Taker feuds. A lot went on. Edge was teh face of SD, Taker won the RR for the first time. Great match at WM. awesome matches in between feud went on for a long time. Finally ending at SS when Taker Chokeslammed Edge to hell...
7.) Punk vs. Hardy
-WWE Punk is all i know. His face run was ok but i wasnt that into him until he turned heel. His promos were great his matches were better. I loved the Steel Cage match that ended Hardy's WWE Career. This was the feud that turned me on to CM Punk, and hes only gotten better...
8.) HBK vs. Taker
-I only know bits of the original feud stuff that Ive seen in videos. But the feud for their first WM Match was good. But it wasnt until the second time around that it felt more personal. HBK costing Taker the title at EC was awesome especially since he 'gave' the title to his other enemy Jericho. Made you really believe he was deserate to beat Taker. It was a good role by HBK the desperation to accomplish that one thing no one has been able to. Awesome matches they put out to.

These are my top 5 feuds of all time (I have 3 #1's because they are that close)

1a.) SCSA vs Mr McMahon-How often do you hear about an employee hitting his boss and not getting fired...I know it was storyline, but still, how often do you hear about it.

1b.) SCSA vs Rock-What else do I have to say about this feud that hasn't already been said, great feud lasting 7 years

1c.) HBK vs Bret Hart-Come on, this feud was epic, Montreal Screw Job capping it off. These 2 men would put everything they had in them out on the line every time they stepped into the ring.

4.) Taker vs Mankind-These 2 had some great matches in their careers, most notably King of the Ring 1998. I loved the story these 2 told when they faced each other.

5.) E&C/Dudley Boyz/Hardys-These are 3 of the best tag teams I have seen (LOD is above them but that is besides the point). Their TLC matches were great...Edge ended up feuding with both Hardys in singles competition (, I know he feuded with Matt Hardy, and if I am not mistaken, he feuded with Jeff on Smackdown when he got his push when he came back) as well as with Christian in tag teams, which makes his feud with them as long as Stone Colds with the Rock

Honorable Mentions: CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy, Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle, Trish vs Lita

I started watching WWE since 2003 so I have no idea on what Stone Cold and The Rock have done although I am starting to watch tapes from 1996. So here is my list:

5. John Cena vs. Edge - This feud started when the Ultimate Opportunist cashed in his briefcase to John Cena at elimination chamber. Then they went to a lot of matches including TLC match and a last man standing match. I even remembered Cena throwing Edge to the sea. Later, Cena and Edge met each other again when Edge formed Rated RKO together with Randy Orton. Cena teamed up with Michaels to win the tag titles.

4. Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle - One of the most competitive feuds I've ever seen. Their Wrestlemania match, Their survivor series match, Team Lesnar vs. Team Angle, and their classic Iron man match on Smackdown which is regarded as one of the best matches in Smackdown history. Later, they have met again outside of WWE.

3. Triple H vs. Randy Orton - This one is a classic case of vengeance. This feud started when Triple H kicked Orton out of Evolution, later ending his title reign. Rated RKO then feuded with the newly reunited DX. Triple H would suffer an injury during that feud. When Triple H returned, he won the title again from Orton. The feud goes all the way when Orton formed legacy and later attacked his family. I remembered clearly how Orton used that sick DDT to Stephanie McMahon.

2. Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - This started with their match at Wrestlemania 25. Perhaps the greatest match of all time, Shawn Michaels lost. Later, Shawn Michaels challenged Undertaker for a rematch at Wrestlemania 26, but Undertaker refused. Shawn Michaels then appeared at Elimination Chamber thus denying Undertaker his world championship and setting up their rematch at WM26. And here, they pull off another epic match.

1. Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio - They are best friends. They are like family to each other. This started with their match at Wrestlemania where Eddie lost to Rey. They have a series of matches but Eddie can't still get the win. Then the feud heated when they lost their tag titles. Later, this feud became more and more personal with the little secret Eddie has. Eddie said that he won't reveal the secret if Rey would won against him on another match. Rey won, but Eddie still reveals that he is the real father of Rey's son. The feud goes on and on fighting for the custody of the child with the ladder match which Rey have won and ending the feud inside the steel cage which finally Eddie have won.

1. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels.

This is the most obvious as it protrayed into real life. The WWE survival revolved entirely around the screwjob and subsequent heel turn by Mr McMahon. This in turn led to the second biggest feud in WWE history...

2. Steve Austin vs Vince McMahon.

This feud saved the company. The matches were pitiful but the feud had enough legs to last two years. We dont see that in wrestling ever anymore.

3. Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage.

This pair feuded on and off from 1986 through 1989. Although Savage never got the deserved clean victory on Hogan, he made the feud with his enormous ring work and magic promos.

4. Hulk Hogan vs Roddy Piper.

WWE's expansion was centered around this feud.

5. Undertaker vs Kane

Although I hate both wrestlers, there epic feud has gone over a decade and probably has one last run left in them.

6. Jake Roberts vs Randy Savage;

The first feud that resembled a shoot in WWE, Roberts heel character was second to none and only his ego and drug problem destroyed Roberts becoming the most hated guy in the industry.

7. Mankind vs Undertaker

Legendary feud, and Foley being the only guy to get numerous clean victories over Taker. He was his equal, which was never allowed to happen with anybody else

I'm listing ten, eight is kind of random.

10. CM Punk & John Cena- I know its early but I think when its all said and done these two will go on to define each others careers in a way. You wont be able to discus CM Punks career with out Cena and vise versa. The build up to Money In The Bank was riveting and became an instant classic, best I've seen in years. I've never seen anything like the audience reacting to Punk at Money In The Bank. The fans were showed more die hard support for him that night than The ECW fans showed for RVD at One Night Stand 06, which I didn't think would be topped. Funny side note, Cena was the opponent in both matches, people really do love to hate him. If you ask me the same question in ten years I'm sure I'll have this farther down the list.

9. Razor Ramone Vs. Shawn Michaels- Toss up between these two and Hart/Perfect for the greatest IC title feud of all time. The two of them stole the show at Wrestlemania and sucked all the energy out of the main event.

8. Mr. Perfect Vs. Bret Hart- Two of the best ever, cutting the best promos ever, and putting on the best matches ever.

7. The Undertaker & Kane Who knows ho many times these guys have wrestled. If I had to guess with out doing any research I would say these guys squared off more than any other two, could be totally wrong about that but it seems right.

6. Hulk Hogan Vs. Andre The Giant Would be at the top of the list it it had played out more, but I think thats also what made it so special. Apparently it happened twice but i've never seen the one from 1980. Hogan slamming Andre is an iconic moment, not just in wrestling but in pop culture.

5. Edge N Christian & The Hardy Boys & The Dudley Boys- They were all equals, any team could have one anytime they got in the ring. The TLC matches were some of the most entertaining matches of all time. In a prelude to the TLC matches, Edge N Christian & and The Hardy Boys redefined the ladder match in the Terri Runnels Invitational and took it to a level that even Shawn Michaels wasn't able to do.

4. Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan- Very surprised nobody mentioned this, cant have a best feud list with out it.

3. The Rock & Stone Cold- Fans were very lucky that two of the greatest ever happened to be contemporaries. They put on six pay per view matches, three of which were Wrestlemania matches, and two of those headlined the show. If I remember correctly the 1998 royal rumble came down to just the two of them.

2. Bret Hart & HBK- In a world where almost every thing is scripted, this was real.

1. Vince & Stone Cold- Any time these two squared off, whether verbally, physically, or mentally, it was a classic moment.

Honorable Mentions
*Flair Vs, Savage, my personal favorite but I think the majority of it took place outside of the WWE.
*British Bulldogs Vs. The Hart Foundation.
*Lesnar Vs Angle
*Eddie Guerrero Vs. Rey Mysterio
*The Rock Vs. Mankind

8 non-wwe feuds
*Sting vs. Hogan
*Goldberg vs. NWO
*Raven Vs. Tommy Dreamer
*Sting vs. Flair
*Kevin Nash vs. The Giant (Big Show) usually when two giants square off one of them has to carry the match, not in this case. Both hall of fame wrestlers.
*RVD vs. Jerry Lynn
*Booker T vs. Chris Beniot
*Chris Jericho vs. Dean Melienko

Top 8 feuds since Wrestlemania began, IMO, our as follows:

#8. Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant, This feud main evented Wrestlemania 3, with 93 thousand plus fans watching on in the Silverdome in Detroit. It stretched on over a year and gave us the classic moment of Hogan slamming the Giant, whinc is one of my favorite childhood memories when I think of Wrestling.

#7. Hulk Hogan vs. Macho Man, Another feud which progressed over a year from one Wrestlemania to another. Two of the top guys in the bussiness battling to be #1, and for Miss Elizabeths attention, to an extent as well. Very heated and passionate feud.

#6. Bret Hart vs. HBK, One of the longer feuds in WWE history. These two superstars were battling each other when they were in tag teams. they both climbed the ladder about the same time, having on again, off again mini feuds until Wrestlemania 12 When HBK's boyhood dream came true when he defeated the Hitman for the WWF title in a 60 minute plus Iron Man Match. Of course the feud would continue on and off again until one was litterally out of the Company, which lead to the Montreal scew job, and the end of Bret in WWF, and a big step toward the Attitude Era, for the Company, if they weren't there already.

#5. Steve Austin vs. The Rock, a feud which truly defined the Attitude Era with 2 of it's best in the business. This heated rivalry started over the IC. title but progressed into main eventing 2 Manias for the WWF championship and a third and final encounter at Mania 19 when the Rock finally got his revenge on the Rattlesnake. Definely, the Hogan-Andre feud of its time, IMO.

#4. HBK vs. HHH This sibling-like rivalry started up when Shawn returned to the ring after a 4 year absence do to injury. The 2 former best friends and top D.X. members wanted to find out who truly was the best between the two, leading to legendary matches over the 2002-2004 period. Neither seemed to have won the feud, both beating the other on ocassions, and sort of leaving it open to restart at anytime. Then in 2006 came the renewed friendship, and the rebirth of D.X. This feud brought out the best and the worst in boht guys, but it seems their friendship won out in the end.

#3. Hulk Hogan vs. MR. McMahon, a 20 year on again, off again work relationship coltimated in an epic encounter at Wrestlemania 19. These two guys seem to love to hate each other with 2 giant egos banging heads. Hogan tried to sink McMahons company with the WCW and NWO storyline, and if it wasn't for the Austin Era it might have happened. So it was a personal one which had Hogan winning in the ring over his boss, but never really ended to this day, IMO. Both still out to trump the other.

#2. Undertaker vs. HBK, Perhaps the 2 best in ring performers in WWE history which represnted the best the WWE has ever had to offer.IMO. Starting back in the late 90's the 2 legends had some classic encounters, one being in the first ever Hell in a Cell match in the fall of 1997. Thanks to Kane HBK was triumpant that night. Continuing into early 1998 they clashed again in a historic Casket Match. HBK, again came out on top, although, at the same time substaining a possible career ending back injury which would take him out of action for about 4 years. through the next number of years they met up a few times , most memorable, the 2007 Royal Rumble match where they became the final 2 men left standing in the ring. A classic rumble battle proceeded that resembled a one on one match more than a rumble match ending. Undertaker eventually bested HBK that night to win his first Royal Rumble match which lead him to winning the World title for the first time in his historic career at Wrestlemania 23. The 2 would then finally clash at Mania 25 for the first time ever and put on one of the best matches, if not the best match, in WWE history. That night the streak would not be broke but put to it`s toughest challenge to date. This lead HBK to distraction, knowing he made one mistake, which costed him a chance at ended the fabled streak. HBK was determined to get a re-match which indeed came to be thanks the shawn`s persistance. But to get it he had to put his career on the line which set the scene for one of the greatest rematches of all time at Mania 26 and a fitting close to one of the greatest wrestling careers ever. These two guys stole the show in back to back Manias and gave wrestling fans epic memories that will last a lifetime.

Number One, Austin 3:16 vs. Mr. McMahon, From the moment Austin won the 1996 King of the Ring and gave his famous rant about Austin 3:16 meaning I just kicked your ass, to the legend Jake Roberts, we knew this guy was sometime special. Sort of passing the torch from one snake to another, so to speak, Austin would go on to raise hell, drink beer, kick ass, and even tell off and assult his own boss, that being Mr.McMahon. This was something that just wasn`t done, anywhere. To have the guts to tell your boss off and stun him in the middle of the ring was a major fopa, an unwritten rule that Stone Cold not only broke ,but desimated on a weekly basis creating the Austin Era of the Attitude Era. Wresling fans and just people interested in Austins character tuned in ever week to see what the Rattlesnake would do next to his boss leading to many memorable moments in WWE history. fans lived vicariously threw Austin, knowing we couldnèt do this to our bosses but seeing Austin do it to this big shot businessman in Vince, made us feel valadated in a way. It was a stress relever to us, to see this guy, who had been building heat since the Montreal screw job finally get what he deserved. This story line broke barriers, broke the old mold to wrestling. It was caotic, and intense, and fun, all at the same time. And thanks to this feud, which lead to some classic matches and tons of epic encounters, I believe, saved the WWE and helped push it in the right direction to eventually take over WCW and ECW and becoming a superpower in the wrestling world. Perhaps the most entertanining wrestling moments of all time came from this ground breaking, trail blazing feud of employer vs. employee. Thats why I give it my #1 ranking of best WWF-WWE feud of all time.

Here's some that come to mind right away ..

Triple H vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

- This was a bloody and brutal rivalry which i believe elevated both guys even more as both heel and face respectively.

The Undertaker vs Mankind

-There was any really really personal stuff except Mankind lures Paul Bearer away from Undertaker and is the only man to seemingly make Undertaker look more human then anyone else ever had.

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

- Very surprised this was not already mentioned ... Like come on guys Lesnar "broke" undertakers hand, beat the holy hell out of him a few times, he even put his hand on the womb of Taker's unborn child ... Personal ??? Undertaker took Lesnar and put him through the unforgiven sign, he busted him open multiple times, and finally BOTH men beat the absolute $hit out of each other at No Mercy 2002 in one of the bloodiest H.I.A.C matches i personally ever seen.

The Undertaker vs The Viper/Legend Killer Randy Orton

-Wrestlemania 21 Orton came for the streak, he may have lost but he pushed Taker then he again pushed Taker at Summerslam 2005 only to beat him. Then he had the balls (and helpful daddy) to lock Undertaker in a casket and burn it. He also tried to destroy Taker on the :worship: Eddie Guerrero *RIP* Tribute Show by knocking undertaker out on the trunk of the low rider and driving it through the smackdown set ... all in all Undertaker would prevail in the end by destroying both Ortons at Armageddon 2005 when he defeated Randy in a H.I.A.C match.

Mick Foley vs Randy Orton

- Orton may have been just a thorn in Foley's side when he called him a muppet, washed up has been, along with other things, but when he spit in Foley's face thats when you could almost feel Mick's blood boiling. They would finally meet and decimate each other at Backlash 2004 in a highly anticipated and violent hardcore match. Thumbtacks, Barb Wire Bats & Boards ... OH MY !!!!

And Finally ... Mick Foley vs Ric Flair ...

- Why this is not mentioned i have no idea ... if i somehow overlooked it i apologize. But come on guys this is a real life feud thats built for years. These two men legit wanted each other to be torn apart. And when the chance was presented to them to wrestle each other look how it ended ... Flair won a 2 out of 3 falls match alright but he was left laying and bloody ... The Rematch at Summerslam 2005/2006 ? was nothing more then a bloodbath that many thought needed to happen ... maybe they had it out of their systems ? Not a chance !!! Check out Part 2 of this blood stained brawl when these two met again in TNA/IMPACT! Wrestling ...

Anyone agree with these choices ???

In no particular order

1.Stone Cold vs The Rock
Whenever these two were in the ring together you can just see and feel something special that words can't describe.

2.Triple H vs The Rock
This two feuded with each other since they were both midcarders and main eventers.The DX vs Nation of Domination feud was very entertaining and helped make the attitude era fun to watch.But once both HHH and Rock became main eventers they had one s hellava intense and entertaining feud as well.Some of the greatest matches were between these two
3.Stone Cold vs Triple H
This feud was very intense and everytime they fought it was more of a street fight than anything.It became a very personal feud when HHH revealed he was the mastermind of running austin over with a car.The build up to No Way Out was awesome.

4.The Rock vs Mankind
The feud they had was fun to watch and had some classic matches like the I Quit match.It really cemented the rock as a main eventer

5.Triple H vs Cactus Jack
Similar to rock vs mankind, HHH vs cactus jack was incredible and made HHH look like a true main eventer.The feud became personal and eventually it ended with HHH retiring foley

6.Triple H vs Shawn Michaels
This was probably the most emotional feud in the wwe.Two guys who were once best friends turn bitter enemies.They were in every type of match you can think of and had some of the greatest matches of all time.

7.Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels
Do i really have to explain? I mean if you wanna talk about real it doesnt get any more real than these two

8,Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels
when you see these two you have to think about legends and icons.Probably the greatest hell in a cell match was the one that feature these two fighting each other.And not to mention their WM 25 match argubly the greatest match of all time

I dont know how you guys put bret and shawn at number 1 they only had a few matches, alittle bit of storylines but nothin to crazy. Sure they had a real life feud but to say they had a better feud then say taker kane, taker-mankind, taker-edge is just crazy. Not to mention other feuds like austin-rock, austin- mcmahon I think they have both even had better feuds with other guys.. hbk-jericho, hbk-hhh, bret-owen i dont think bret-hbk would even make my top 20

8. Stone Cold vs. The Rock - "#8!? Are you kidding me S.J.!?!" Nope, I'm not, as epic as this feud was (2 of the biggest stars ever battling for years) I hate feuds that are one-sided. Austin won almost every time these two faced off, so I never really had to guess who was going to win whenever they wrestled. They tried to make it so clear that Austin was bigger than Rock, but it was so hard to agree with that when you heard their reactions in 2001 (during the time they were both face), 02-03 and even sometimes in 2000. Regardless, these two had great chemistry both in the ring and on the mic and always seemed to gravitate towards each other in storyline due to their dominance over everybody else (until late 2001 when Rock started putting several guys over).

7. Jeff Hardy vs. Edge - As I just said I judge feuds on how equal the sides are, but I also judge them on longevity, storyline, and memorability. Jeff Hardy starting facing Edge in matches in 1999, and their tag team ladder match at No Mercy of that year is one of the most memorable matches ever. To see them face off in another classic Ladder Match at Extreme Rules 10 years later proves that they deserve to be here. Although Matt may have more storyline with Edge, Jeff and Edge have combined to perform several of the most memorable spots in WWE history and they continued to be in each other's way in the World Heavyweight division as they were in the Tag division many years ago.

6. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - A classic storyline, revved up and taken to the extreme. Friends/partners/brothers commonly split up in the WWE, but no split has ever been more memorable than the DX "reunion" in 2002. This set up a series of classic matches, as HHH and HBK battled in gimmick match after gimmick match, tearing up the ring (and their bodies) in each one. This was probably the most intense feud I've ever seen and it last a good 2 years so there's no way I could leave it off of this list.

5. Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage - This is the start of a formula that I think WWE should use more - top face vs. top face. Hogan and Savage were the undisputed biggest stars in the company at the time and this was the match that everyone wanted to see so WM5 was epic in its buildup and breakup of the Mega Powers. This intense feud set the precedent for Hogan/Warrior, Hart/Michaels, Rock/Austin, and the Cena/Batista feud that happened 4 years too late.

4.Undertaker vs. Kane - This feud should be on every list for 2 reason - 1. This is the longest-running feud in WWE history 2. This feud has drawn fans time and time again. Whether he was the Phenom, the Deadman, or the American Badass, Taker has always had to deal with Kane turning on him. In 1999, he became the heel during his feud with Kane and their feud still drew in a lot of fans. From 1997-2010, Kane and Undertaker have fluctuated from tag team partners to bitter enemies and even when they team you can sense the tension. It's a high profile feud between 2 of the most versatile stars ever and it's a must-see to watch them in action, especially against each other.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon - No feud has ever benefited both sides as positively as this feud benefited Austin and McMahon. Each segment these two had together increased Vince's heat while simultaneously increasing Austin's pop. These guys had great work together and the storyline was booked well, making it and easy contender for top feud of all time, I just preferred 2 other feuds more because each one includes at least one of my favorite stars ever.

2. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels - I'm not a big fan of wrestling feuds that actually mimic real-life heat (like Matt/Edge) but this feud was just too good to ignore. Much like Hogan/Savage, Hart and Michaels were the 2 top guys of their era and it was a real treat to see them square off as often as we did because they are way better story-tellers and technical wrestlers than 96% of the people who have ever stepped inside of a wrestling ring - including Hogan and Savage.

1. Triple H vs. The Rock - In my opinion this is the single most underrated feud of all-time. These guys seem to always been in the same league no matt how quickly one elevated their game, the other one was right there to catch up on a heartbeat. The number of singles matches these guys had from 1997-2000 only increased annually and got more intense each time. Whether it was gang supremacy (NOD vs. DX), the Intercontinental title, or the WWF Championship, these guys were always putting on classic after classic and I always saw Triple H as the Rock's true foil.

8. Stone Cold vs. The Rock - "#8!? Are you kidding me S.J.!?!" Nope, I'm not, as epic as this feud was (2 of the biggest stars ever battling for years) I hate feuds that are one-sided. Austin won almost every time these two faced off, so I never really had to guess who was going to win whenever they wrestled. They tried to make it so clear that Austin was bigger than Rock, but it was so hard to agree with that when you heard their reactions in 2001 (during the time they were both face), 02-03 and even sometimes in 2000. Regardless, these two had great chemistry both in the ring and on the mic and always seemed to gravitate towards each other in storyline due to their dominance over everybody else (until late 2001 when Rock started putting several guys over).

7. Jeff Hardy vs. Edge - As I just said I judge feuds on how equal the sides are, but I also judge them on longevity, storyline, and memorability. Jeff Hardy starting facing Edge in matches in 1999, and their tag team ladder match at No Mercy of that year is one of the most memorable matches ever. To see them face off in another classic Ladder Match at Extreme Rules 10 years later proves that they deserve to be here. Although Matt may have more storyline with Edge, Jeff and Edge have combined to perform several of the most memorable spots in WWE history and they continued to be in each other's way in the World Heavyweight division as they were in the Tag division many years ago.

6. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - A classic storyline, revved up and taken to the extreme. Friends/partners/brothers commonly split up in the WWE, but no split has ever been more memorable than the DX "reunion" in 2002. This set up a series of classic matches, as HHH and HBK battled in gimmick match after gimmick match, tearing up the ring (and their bodies) in each one. This was probably the most intense feud I've ever seen and it last a good 2 years so there's no way I could leave it off of this list.

5. Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage - This is the start of a formula that I think WWE should use more - top face vs. top face. Hogan and Savage were the undisputed biggest stars in the company at the time and this was the match that everyone wanted to see so WM5 was epic in its buildup and breakup of the Mega Powers. This intense feud set the precedent for Hogan/Warrior, Hart/Michaels, Rock/Austin, and the Cena/Batista feud that happened 4 years too late.

4.Undertaker vs. Kane - This feud should be on every list for 2 reason - 1. This is the longest-running feud in WWE history 2. This feud has drawn fans time and time again. Whether he was the Phenom, the Deadman, or the American Badass, Taker has always had to deal with Kane turning on him. In 1999, he became the heel during his feud with Kane and their feud still drew in a lot of fans. From 1997-2010, Kane and Undertaker have fluctuated from tag team partners to bitter enemies and even when they team you can sense the tension. It's a high profile feud between 2 of the most versatile stars ever and it's a must-see to watch them in action, especially against each other.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon - No feud has ever benefited both sides as positively as this feud benefited Austin and McMahon. Each segment these two had together increased Vince's heat while simultaneously increasing Austin's pop. These guys had great work together and the storyline was booked well, making it and easy contender for top feud of all time, I just preferred 2 other feuds more because each one includes at least one of my favorite stars ever.

2. Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels - I'm not a big fan of wrestling feuds that actually mimic real-life heat (like Matt/Edge) but this feud was just too good to ignore. Much like Hogan/Savage, Hart and Michaels were the 2 top guys of their era and it was a real treat to see them square off as often as we did because they are way better story-tellers and technical wrestlers than 96% of the people who have ever stepped inside of a wrestling ring - including Hogan and Savage.

1. Triple H vs. The Rock - In my opinion this is the single most underrated feud of all-time. These guys seem to always been in the same league no matt how quickly one elevated their game, the other one was right there to catch up on a heartbeat. The number of singles matches these guys had from 1997-2000 only increased annually and got more intense each time. Whether it was gang supremacy (NOD vs. DX), the Intercontinental title, or the WWF Championship, these guys were always putting on classic after classic and I always saw Triple H as the Rock's true foil.

That's exactly how I feel about this fued. It was so intense. And the fact that these two had a real life personal issues made it even more dramatic. Both of them brought the best out of each other that's for sure, and unlike rock-austin, they're matches always been 50-50, no favourite. The McMahon-Helmsley era(Rock vs HHH) arguably the greatest era in wrestling history. Shows ratings and PPV buyrates proved that. The year 2000 is by far the most successful year in wwe history thanks to HHH-Rock fued.

In no particular order...

Undertaker Vs Mankind - My favourite feud in the history of the WWE. Great characters, great promos, great matches...it had it all and in my opinion bought out the best in The Undertaker and made raise his game even higher than it already was.

Stone Cold Vs Mr McMahon - Most important feud in the Attitude Era apart from the obvious one against WCW? (Monday Night Wars not Invasion). Fantastic promos, changed the face of the WWE... will go down in history. Not many employees get to feud with their boss on this level...Austin because the man most people wanted to be.

Undertaker Vs Kane - This has to be included... brilliant, especially in the early stages of the feud. Kane was a monster...it had a storyline worthy of any horror movie. I am sure many will disagree but I always enjoy it when these two get in the ring together.

Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian and Dudley Boys - Tables, Ladders and Chairs. Chairs, Ladders and Tables, Ladders, Chairs and Tables...whatever way you look at it these three teams took the tag division in the WWE to a new height in my opinion (shame it's disappeared).

Hogan Vs Andre the Giant - I have to include this...passing of the torch..one phenom to the other.

Im not gonna give out a list because most of the top 10 IMO have been covered here. but honestly

HOW THE HELL HAVE JUST 2 PEOPLE MENTIONED ROCK VS HHH !!!!!!!

Yeah it was overshadowed by the fact that daddys son in law was always getting the upperhand but verbally, physically, hell mentally. It was pure gold. Lasted a year. God knows how many epic matches those two had (along with others). Wrestlemania 16 Fatal Four Way. The match really kicked in when mankind and big show got eliminated. OK HHH won and then Rock lays it to vince HHH and then finally the peoples elbow on Stephanie which was something the whole crowd had been waiting for for ages. Then Backlash 2000. 30 minute long match with interferences by dx pat patterson mcmahons and gerald brisco. With Shane as the biased ref. Anyone remember Vince's expression when shane and HHH were double rockbottomed through the announcer table. And then GLASS SHATTERS. Stone cold comes into to even the odds with a chair.

Insurrextion 2000. Rock vs shane vs HHH

Judgement Day 2000. Rock vs HHH Iron man match

King of the Ring 2000. 6 man tag match but still pretty entertaining

Summerslam 2000. Rock vs HHH vs Angle

The feud somewhat ended but it was almost an 8 month long feud with both guys just going at it and going at it.

Definitely one of the most underrated feud of all time

Rock vs Austin
This is the one all the attitude era kids talk about, and it defined the last generation of fans.
Hogan vs Savage
This is the one all the older kids talk about, and it defined THAT generation of fans.
HBK vs Hitman
This is the one that fell between the two older generations. It started as a feud for the tag titles between Hart Foundation & The Rockers and over the year escalated to a blood feud that never ended until Jan 4. 2010. That's a 20 year feud.
Taker vs Mankind
One of the most underrated feuds, but it was one that made WCW fans sit up and take notice. Taker's career and Foley's legacy deserve one last match with Foley getting the win to end the streak.
Perfect vs Flair
Bobby Heenan's golden child betrays the Heenan family, and as Bobby Heenan stated, that's not fair to Flair. Their feud was short, but their matches were epic. Flair could still go and Perfect was given the push that likely put him in the WWE HoF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back