• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top 5 greatest matches that never happened

bioshock

Getting Noticed By Management
Maybe it's been posted before, I don't know. Simple thing here is you rewrite history and turn nothing into something that just maybe could of happened, you can't say something like "my top 5 match is... Andre the Giant vs John Cena" thats just impossible, it would have to be something within the right time frame and so on. Something like "Andre the Giant vs Earthquake" would sound right, then you just put the event & year, and to make that real it would have to be within 1989-1992, since before 1989 there was no Earthquake in WWF/E and it cant be after 1992 because 1993 is when Andre passed away, but he wrestled during 1992. This is something that only older wrestling fans would even care for, but have some fun with it. What wrestling fan hasn't ever done the "what if".

My top 5 matches that never happened

#5 SummerSlam 1991
Jake the Snake Roberts vs The Ultimate Warrior These 2 guys had a small, but I guess major feud during summer 1991, the feud was all about Warrior & The Undertaker's matches and feud. But we just never got to see Jake vs Warrior, could of really been a great match.

#4 Summerslam 1993 WWF Championship
(champ) Hulk Hogan vs Bret Hart A repeat of SummerSlam 1992 with a face vs face match for the WWF title. This match was suppose to happen, but Hogan didn't want to drop the belt to Bret. Needless to say this might not of been a wrestling classic worth watching, but I would of loved to of seen it, ranks up with Hogan vs Flair WM8 (another match that didn't happen, but should have).

#3 Survivor Series 1992 Macho Man & Ultimate Warrior vs Ric Flair & Razor Ramon match was booked for a while, would of really liked to of seen it. But the interesting thing for me is Razor vs Warrior would of been so great to see.

#2 SummerSlam 1990 WWF Tag Team Championship (champs) Demolition vs Hart Foundation vs The Rockers This match in this day and age would of so happened, during a SNME these 3 teams battled each other, it was a great 3 way feud for the tag titles, but of course back then 3 way matches was unheard of, so it never happened. But this match could of been so great, on paper its a any fans dream match, you got 1 team thats pure power, another teams all about wrestling mixed with power, and the 3rd team is the very best high flying team there is also with great wrestling. And to top all that off you had teams that used the best team work, all things todays wrestling lacks. But you couldn't put 3 better teams in one match if you ever wanted to. And the feud was there and in place for it!

#1 Wrestlemania 9 1993 WWF Championship (champ) Bret Hart vs Ultimate Warrior One thing is for sure, in big matches the Warrior always puts on great matches, and Bret was one of the best at doing that. I think that would of make for a great match. Why? I think had the Warrior stuck around during November 1992 that he would have won the Royal Rumble, heck I have a magazine ad that shows the Ultimate Warrior in the Royal Rumble, so I'm guessing plans were to put him in the Rumble.

#5 Jeff Jarrett versus Ric Flair. This match was contemplated as a sort of "Passing of the flame match by WCW. Only problem was that Ric Flair wasn't ready to pass the torch and really didn't have alot of respect for Jarrett. So while it was teased, it never happened.

#4 The Blade Runners versus The Road Warriors- The Road Warriors were the gold standard for over sterioded muscle teams, so Paul Bosch took a young team called Power Team USA and turned them into the face paint wearing Blade Runners(Sting and Rock aka The Ultimate Warrior) in order to have his own version of the team. Rumor were that Paul Bosch had a verbal contract on the table for the Road Warriors to come over the the NWA and prove who was the better team. Unfortunately Paul Bosch's long time fight with cancer took a turn for the worse and he died. His fed folded, The Warrior's ego began to grow and he bolted for WCCW, and Sting went to NWA and teamed with and fueded with The Road Warriors on his own.

#3 Mr Perfect versus Ravishing Rick Rude- During a turbulent contract negotiation with The Ravishing One, The WWF had the idea to build up another arrogant heel, in case he did not return. So what did they do? They began a search for Mr. Perfect. Having come upon the right candidate, they approached him. Unfortunately, Terry Taylor declined and their second choice, Curt Hennig, gobbled it up. Unfrotunately, it was taboo in wrestling at the time to have heels face off against one another and it never took place. Years later, the two emerged in WCW, but Rude's wrestling days were over.

#2 Any combination of Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Nikita Koloff in a one on one match- All three men were in WCW at the same time. Unfortunately heels don't square off against heels in that day and age, so these three intense individuals never squared off at they were all super heels and none could be turned face successful as the concept of a "tweener" was foreign to wrestling.

#1 Kurt Angle versus Bret The Hitman Hart
- Kurt Angle had his choice of signing with the very powerful WCW or to sign with the WWE at the time. He chose the WWE. But can you imagine the Excellence of Execution against the YOUR Olympic Hero? Alas, when it could have had the chance to happen again, Goldberg had already ended the career of Bret Hart.

You got some great picks Spawn, I would love to see any of those 5 any day. Only one I question though is the #4 match featuring The Bladerunners only because I haven't really seen any of there matches, but what I've seen via photos they looked like clones of the Road Warriors or Powers of Pain (I just love those kind of power house teams). Plus Sting was really good when he started, Warrior I can't say the same, took him a little while longer to get better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back