Top 5 diva matches and fueds of the PG era so far

GOOZEKING

Getting Noticed By Management
Here is a tough question for you guys cause I honestly can't think of more than 3. What are the top 5 diva matches and fueds of the PG era which is 2008 and up

I cant bother with putting together a list right now, but Mae Young vs Life Support is probably on there somewhere.

The only good feud I can think of is Mickie James vs. Laycool. Mainly because it was so great seeing Laycool get what they deserved at RR 2010

Vacant vs no-show.

"Women's feuds during the early new tens", maybe, but not "diva". Writing "Bella" by default will only cause severe temporary insanity and non-*********ory-related blindness in our fellow posters.

I cant bother with putting together a list right now, but Mae Young vs Life Support is probably on there somewhere.

Too soon! :p

LayCool vs. Mickie James was enjoyable. I don't recall a particular match that stands out as great, but it produced a few memorable segments(the pig cake in the face segment was awesome....seriously).

Michelle McCool vs. Melina(I think at Great American Bash) was a very solid match.

And I enjoyed Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella(both feud and match) quite a bit, though that was 100% because of Stephanie. She was outstanding in the feud and match.

I was enjoying Beth Phoenix and Natalya Niedhart's rampage against the "pretty" divas where they kept putting them in submission holds forever after matches to make them cry into the mic. That angle had real potential, but it sort of fizzled out.

I also thought Eve was quite good during the "who attacked Kaitlyn"? angle.

Best Feuds:
1.) The Authority (Stephanie McMahon) vs. The Bella Tiwns & Daniel Bryan (Brie Bella): The only Divas feud to main event RAW in the "PG era" I believe & the only divas match ever to co-main event Summerslam as well if I'm not mistaken. The match itself wasn't very good but there is no denying the feud itself was rather succesful for a divas feud this day & age.
2.) AJ Lee & Tamina vs. The Total Divas: AJ's pipebomb on the Total Divas was easily the best divas promo of the modern era & although she never feuded directly with one specific cast member, she would go on to face them all eventually & it even culminated in a solid Battle Royal at WM XXX.
3.) AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn: They were good friends but AJ was getting crazier & crazier. AJ really wanted the title but Kaitlyn had the title. Simple, easy & to the point. It was a solid story about former best friends, greed & betrayl.
4.) AJ Lee vs. Paige: This feud would be even higher up if it hadn't devolved into some weird lezbo/sex storyline & they started trading the title back & forth each PPV. Paige's debut was fantastic, AJ's return was solid & their build up to Summerslam as well as the match they had there was all great but now it's become a weird soft core porm version of hot potatoe with the Divas strap.
5.) Mickie James vs. Laycool: Piggie James. That is all.

Honorable Mention:
- The Assistant/Secretary Eve Torres Storyline: While it was never really a specific feud she had & she was never even that great of a wrestler inside the ring, she did develop a pretty entertaining character in her final year or so & had one of the most memorable Diva runs of the "PG Era" a.k.a. since 2008 IMO.
- Crazy Alicia Sotryline: Even though it wasn't long lived & ultimately seemd to do nothing for her as a performer, I actually found the segements where she went all crazy yelling at people & throwing stuff at the announce team somewhat entertaining. Was it a well thought out, long lasting gimmick? Ofcourse not but I think it fit her well, he did a good job with it & it's easily the best/most entertaining version of the Alicia Fox character to date.

Best Matches:
1.) I Quit Match: Melina vs. Beth Phoenix [One Night Stand 2008] - Beth Phoenix is easily one of the best female performers to ever enter the squared circle, that combined with an "I Quit" stipulation in a womens match for the 1st time ever & Melina's flexability made one of the best divas matches of all time.
2.) NXT Women's Championship: Natalya vs. Charlotte [Takeover 2] - You can't say enought about this match. The reviews & praise for this match were even more than Zayn vs. Cesaro & that pretty much speaks for itself in my book.
3.) Divas Championship: AJ Lee vs. Paige [Summerslam 2014] - Just an absoultely awesome match between what I would consider hands down the two most talented divas of the modern era.
4.) NXT Women's Championship: Paige vs. Emma [Takeover]: Almost a show stealing performance if it wasn't for just how amazing NXT Takeover was. One of the ebst divas matches in a long time period, let alone of the "PG Era". I'm happy Paige is doing well on the main roster & WWE decided to keep Emma around as well becuase both of these ladies have proven that they are fantastic performers if given the opportunity.
5.) Divas Championship: AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn [Payback 2013] - A really solid divas match that saw AJ win her first title. Also considering it was there first real match together on PPV, it was easily there best (unless maybe you count the mixed tag team match at Summerslam).

Honorable Mention:
- Lumberjill Match for the Divas Championship: Beth Phoenix vs. Eve Torres [Survivor Series 2011] - The match itslef was nothing all that special but Beth's Glam Slam to Eve off of the top ropes is still one of the few divas moments that really stands out in my mind.

Oh & the bad... well pretty much every other match/feud that didn't invovled AJ, Paige, Natalya, Emma or Charlotte. Specifically anything involving Eva Marie, Cameron, Rosa Mendes or that attrocious Survivor Series match with JoJo before she was sent back down to NXT.

The match itself wasn't very good but there is no denying the feud itself was rather succesful for a divas feud this day & age.

If by 'successful' you mean elicited CM Punk chants, YES! chants & general groans of boredom- then yes it was successful.

Only reason that continued as long as it did, was because of Stephanie being good at being a bitch, shes the boss & they wanted to give Total Divas some more air time. You could have produced the same reaction if The Bellas were replaced with cardboard cut outs or it was Santino in drag.

In fact, Santino in drag would have been better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back