Top 10 WWE/TNA Modern Fantasy Matchups

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
Title says it all. Feel free to make your own You could have face/heel, heel/heel, or face/face. Just one wrestler per match is all I ask.

#10 Robbie E. vs. David Otunga- Who is the bigger joke between the two match?

#9 Kofi Kingston vs. Jay Lethal- Kofi needs the IC title about as much as Jay Lethal needs the X Division Title. In other words, not at all. But two very good wrestlers here.

#8 Kazarian vs. Dolph Ziggler- A pair of oustanding in ring performers going toe to toe here.

#7 Diva's/Knockout's match: Awesome Kong vs. Sarita vs. Tara vs. AJ vs. Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Beth.

#6 Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater vs. MCMG- My favorite tag team ever in MCMG vs. one of the more credible tag teams in WWE- though that is saying very little.

#5 Amazing Red vs. Evan Bourne vs. Rey Mysterio- Battle of the high flyers. No gimmick match needed. These guys would put on a clinic.

#4 A.J. Styles vs. Chris Jericho- This would be oustanding and I think we all know it.

#3 Alberto Del Rio vs. Samoa Joe- Two Technicians going at it. This should be wonderful.

#2 Daniel Bryan vs. Rob Van Dam- Two very good wrestlers who match up well here I think.

#1 Christian vs. Douglas Williams- I would say at worst the second best in the ring in their respected companies. Wanna know how TNA can make things more enjoyable for me? Four words: World Champion Douglas Williams. I would push him to the moon if I bought TNA. And I would love a World Title reign for Christian as well.

Here's my picks:

No. 10: Rob Terry Vs Chris Masters - Both big men that enjoy to watch wrestle.

No. 9: Zack Ryder Vs Robbie E - Who's the biggest show off.

No. 8: Amazing Red Vs Rey Mysterio - There would be some high flying ACTION!

No. 7: Abyss Vs Kane - Most probably in an Inferno Match, Monster V Monster.

No. 6: Santino Marrella Vs Eric Young - It would be a major comedy match.

No. 5: Kofi Kingston Vs Jay Lethal - They're both great high flying wrestlers.

No. 4: MCMG Vs The Uso's - Even though the Uso's wrestling talent isn't the best it's OK.

No. 3: Angelina Love Vs Beth Phoenix - Neither are in their prime but they are both fab.

No. 2: Douglas Williams Vs Tyson Kidd - Both smaller mat technicians with some good moves.

No. 1: Mr Anderson (Kennedy) Vs The Miz - The match between the Ass Hole and the Awesome One

I know I've missed off some great wrestlers but these are the best matches I could make.

10. Douglas Williams -vs- Wade Barrett. just seems like would be a great match. 2 tough brittish badasses.

9. Randy Orton -vs- Mr. Anderson. yeah, you know you want to see it.

8. Sheamus -vs- Matt Morgan. falls count anywhere. brutal.

7. John Cena -vs- Robert Roode. i think this has potential & have wanted to see it since i first saw roode after he left team canada.

6. Chris Jericho -vs- Desmond Wolfe. technically sound, bad attitudes. 2\3 falls.

5. MCMG & Amazing Red -vs- Bourne, Tyson Kidd & Rey Mysterio. 6man tag Ladder Match. freaking awesome!

4. A.J. Styles -vs- John Morrison. their style is close & would be one of the best matches in years.

3. Samoa Joe -vs- HHH. holy crap. let the beatings begin. nuff said.

2. Abyss -vs- Kane. hell in a cell... evil.

1. The Undertaker -vs- Sting. needs no elaboration. this needs to happen.

Ok I did this a while back in real life and just wondering since TNA and WWE got this beef goin on. What matches would yo uwant to see to possibly happen in the future. This is a PPV card so pick some good matches. 10 is the limit. (Dont want to see it going on and on) Wrestlers must be from TNA and WWE. No ROH since they're still getting their name out there. If you pick someone form Roh it has to be someone who was in TNA or WWE or have some sort of recognition.

I'll go first

"The Icon"Sting Vs "The Deadman"The Undertaker. (Hell In A Cell: Icon vs Icon) Winner: The Undertaker-Battle between the Legends and Franchises of their respective businesses.

"The Phenomenal"AJ Styles vs "The Extreme Enigma"Jeff Hardy vs "The Champ" John Cena (Cena with tthe beasty gimmick in 04 and 05 with the good moveset) vs "The Game" Triple H (Attitude Era version) vs "The Olympic Gold Medalist" Kurt Angle. (World Title Matchup) Winner: AJ Styles-Match between the Faces/MainEvents/Veterans

"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero vs "The Pastor of Purity" CM Punk. Winner: CM Punk0Good ring and mic work and both have preaching gimmicks.

"The Whole F'N Show"Rob Van Dam vs "The Instant Classic"Christian vs "The Rated R Superstar"Edge vs Kazarian (Tables Ladders and Chairs) Winner: Rob Van Dam-Underrated stars that have always been those high fylers that werent too much like the average that added technical ability in their offense.

"The Heart and Soul of the X-Division" Jay Lethal vs "Jamaician Sensation" Kofi Kingston vs "Aerial Escape Artist" Evan Bourne vs "Prince of Punk" Shannon Moore vs "Master of the 619" Rey Mysterio vs "The Shaman of Sexy" John Morrison vs "Notorious 187" Homicide vs "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. vs "The World Warrior" Kaval (Steel Asylum Match) Winner: Christopher Daniels-High flying match plain and simple

"The Blueprint"Matt Morgan and "The Monster"Abyss vs "The Big Red Monster"Kane and "The World's Largest Athlete" The Big Show . Winner:Kane and the Big Show-Goliath Battle

"The Dirtiest Player In the Game" Ric Flair vs "The Hitman" Bret Hart. (Legends Match Street Fight: Winner Bret Hart)-Two legends that have been in thier companies recently.

"The Loudmouth"Mr Anderson vs "Mr Awesome" The Miz vs "The Latin Savior" Alberto Del Rio. (Chairs Match:Winner: Mr Anderson)-Battle of loudmouths

Mickie James vs Gail Kim vs Tara vs Angelina Love vs Beth Phoenix, Natalya, vs Melina vs Maryse. (Winner: Mickie James)-simple women's match

Beer Money Inc vs Team 3D vs Moter City Machine Guns vs Otunga and Slater vs The Usos vs The Hart Dynasty vs London Brawling (Street Fight: Team 3D)-simple tag team match.
1st Point: WWE
2nd Point:TNA
3rd Point: WWE
4th Point: TNA (Van Dam had a choice to pick WWE or TNA but he went on TNA side due to them granting him a world title reign)
5th Point: TNA
6th Point: WWE
7th Point: WWE
8th Point: TNA
9th Point: WWE (Mickie James chose WWE's side because they gave her 5 Women's title reigns)
10th Point: TNA

Winner: Tie Between TNA and WWE (To please the audience McMahon and Hogan send out a tiebreaker with them in matches also and they pick McMahon and Wade Barrett vs Hogan and Samoa Joe. Wade Barrett wins due to interference from the Nexus securing the win for WWE proving they're dominant faction)

1. AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho- LADDER MATCH

This would be an awesome match. Styles can fly better than anyone, Jericho has a few spectacular moves in his arsenal as well as both being very creative. Both men would match up well to each other, I think this could steal the show.

2. Abyss vs Kane- HIAC MATCH
The resident monsters of their respective companies collide in the most intense match in the business. This would be a bloody war, with Kane chokeslamming Abyss through the Cell for the victory.

3. Kurt Angle vs Daniel Bryan- SUBMISSION MATCH

Two of the best technical wrestlers in the world collide. This would be an ROH style vicous match up with Bryan able to utilise all his manouvers against the best in the world today. An absolute classic, I pray we get to see this one day.

4. Rob Van Dam vs Rey Mysterio vs Amazing Red vs Evan Bourne vs Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison ULTIMATE X MATCH

6 of the most exciting wrestlers around going at it in possibly the most spectacular match in the business. Morrison and Bourne have the potential, RVD, Rey and Hardy have the experience and all can be very exciting in the ring. I think their styles would work extremely well together and they could put on a show to remember. Expect to see death defying moves aplenty in this one, as well as a lot of broken bodies and HOLY SHIT moments.

5. Sting vs Undertaker SINGLES MATCH

No gimmick needed in this one. A battle of the icons that we have been waiting to see for a long, long time. I really hope we get to see this before one, or both, hang up their boots for good. This could be Taker v HBK levels of awesomeness

6. Desmond Wolfe vs Triple H I QUIT MATCH

Wolfe can be brutal in the ring, as can The Game. Both men have never say die attitudes and can wrestle better than almost anyone. This one would go all over the arena, with neither man wanting to give in. I could see this one being a bloody battle and one I would love to see.

7. Mr Anderson vs Randy Orton CAGE MATCH

Come on, you know this would be a war, both men have personal issues with the other and I would love to see them settle them inside a steel cage. Like a real old school feud.

8. Tara vs Gail Kim

The best Knockout vs the best diva. Should be a great womens match, these two beautiful women can wrestle

9. Motor City Machine Guns vs Edge & Christian TAG TEAM TLC MATCH

The top team of the 90s reunites to take on the best team in wrestling today. Edge & Christian are the masters of the TLC match, and Sabin & Shelley will be desperate to show they have what it takes to beat two world champions in their speciality match. This could be another Hardys v E&C ladder match classic, with alot of broken tables and top rope ladder moves.

10. Eric Bischoff vs Vince McMahon STREET FIGHT

The Monday Night Wars can finally be resolved in this no holds barred street fight. If this had taken place in 1999 the PPV sales would have been sky high. Now they are older and have no personal issues the match isnt as important but fuck it I still wanna see it!

10. Matt Morgan vs Wade Barrett

both fairly big and athletic, no special rules, jus see the two big guys duke it out

9. The Pope vs Christian - Lumberjack match

The Congregation and The Peeps as lumberjacks

8. The Monster Abyss vs The Big Red Machine Kane - Monsters Ball

Monsters Ball match for two guys who are the epitome of Monsters, wouldn't even want a winner, would hope they destroy each other in grand fashion

7. The Icon Sting vs The Phenom Taker - Casket Match

let's face it both are getting close to the end, in a match between two icons one could be put to rest by someone truly deserving to put them out, whoever may win

6. Orlando Jordan vs Goldust

do I even need to explain this one?

5. The Asshole Anderson vs The Viper Orton - HIAC

as previously stated, real heat makes for good matches, and there is def heat here, put a cage on it to make sure the diff get solved one way or another

4 The Whole F'n Show RVD vs The Master of The 619 Rey - Steel Asylum

to those who have no idea what a steel asylum match is... big cylinder/dome like cage hole at the top in the middle, first one out... yeah so both monkeys (spot monkeys if you prefer) I think this would make for a great match, if not someone's last

3. The Immortal Hulk Hogan vs. HLR Cena

look I know his mobility is limited, he's battling injuries and he's way passed his prime, but hey.. Hogan's not doing too good either lol, ok so yeah this is one is for nothing but sentiment purposes, hulk up vs... whatever cena calls it when he hulks up, battle of the hulk ups... ofcourse hulk is way beyond putting on a calibur show anymore, but woulda been fun

2. Mr. Paparazzi Alex Shelly vs The Awesome Miz

Alex may be a MCMG now but he's still all about Flash, jus like Miz, battle of the egos

1. The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho - Ultimate X

Probably (along with Kurt angle) the best pure athletes in the ring today, the ultimate dream match for me at the moment, and while I'd be pulling for AJ (he's from gainesville, I'm from gainesville, gotta go hometown) I would LOVE to see a codebreaker off the ultimate X ropes... and I think AJ is the only one that could f'n take it so yeah, this one would be an instant classic

Undertaker vs Sting - needs no explanation.

Kane vs Abyss in a HIAC - Both monsters of their own companys, can put on a great hardcore match. We know Abyss is willing to take big bumps, I'ld love to see him put through the cell as suggested earlier.

Randy Orton vs Mr. Anderson in a Steel Cage - There personal issues would make this fued great.

Jack Swagger vs Kurt Angle - I would like to see this one built as a WRESTLING match.

E&C vs MCMG in a Ultimate X match - I would like to see the Ultimate X built as the new and improved TLC match type.

Daniel Bryan vs Desmond Wolfe - I would love to see these two lock up one more time.

John Cena vs AJ Styles in a I Quit - Although I dislike Cena, I think Styles would be able to carry this match, as I'ld love to watch the faces of each company collide. But only if Cena loses.

Big Show vs Matt Morgan - Battle of the Titans!

Laycool vs The Beautiful People

10) Rob Van Dam vs Kofi Kingston: I don't know why, but I think this could be interesting

9) Jay Lethal vs Dolph Ziggler: These two can put on a show I feel, and the promos would be funny, Especially Lethal/Vickie

8) Samoa Joe vs Sheamus: This could be friggin great. Entertaining promos as well

7) The Pope vs Drew Mcintyre

6) Jeff Hardy vs Cm Punk: I think this feud ended far too soon

5) Desmond Wolfe vs Jack Swagger: This can REALLY test swagger, and I fully believe he could mesh well with him.

4) Rey Mysterio/Evan Bourne vs Motor city machineguns: 2 out of 3 falls tornado match

3) Chris Jericho vs Samoa Joe: Since Joe can technical wrestle and power wrestle, and Jericho is well rounded, this is ace.

2) Kurt Angle vs Bryan Danielson 30 minute submission matcH: I feel this can surpass Angle/Benoit's at Backlash

1) Aj Styles vs John Morrison: Ladder match or Not, this would be INSANE

Styles Vs Jericho - No need for a Gimmick match, Just straight up technical, High flying wrestling.

MCMG Vs Uso's -Ultimate X, Some people may disagree but I think MCMG could carry this match, and put on an amazing match.

Beautiful People Vs Laycool - With the shots they were taking and stuff this match seems logical enough for this to happen.

Kurt Angle Vs Jack Swagger - Swaggers gimmick seems just like Angle's old Gimmick.

Desmond Wolfe Vs Bryan Danielson - I would LOVE this, They had great matches back in ROH and I would love to see them go at it again in a WWE Vs TNA scenario.

1. Undertaker vs Sting
I'll jump on the bandwagon, just this time though. All though it would never be as good as Undertaker's bout with Shawn Michaels, the two very similer characters of Sting and Undertaker would go hand and hand. Both are very successful icons in the Wrestling business. Both have been wrestling for years. This match would no doubt be a great match up. It would be interesting to see what the WWE would do to build this feud up.

2. John Cena vs. Samoa Joe
I believe its happened before, but for some reason, I feel this match would be nothing short of phenomenal. Maybe in an "I Quit" or Last Man Standing match. John Cena is a guy who will never give up. I would like to see that happen with the Coquina Clutch locked in. Or vise versa. Joe is a moinster of a human being that has the exact same attitude and agression as John Cena. Would love to see these two loick up.

3. Rey Mysterio vs. Amazing Red
Oh boy, this match would be nothing but a bunch of flips and dives. And there's nothing wrong with that. I don't know how much Rey Mysterio could handle Red's in ring ability. A younger Rey could no doubt but an older Rey, I don't know. Rey would probably play the role of the big man in this match which I'm sure he is not use to. It would be interesting to see Rey get a 718 and Red get a 619.

4. Triple H vs. Jeff Jarrett
Don't exactly know why but I would find this match pretty damn interesting. Jeff Jarret a 13 time Champion and Triple H a 13 time champion. Both have kinda used their position in their respective companies to get where they are but I find this match to prove who is better of the two.

5. Triple H vs. Robert Roode
So very similer styles. And as soon a TNA realizes this, they will utilize him to his full potential. Robert Roode uses the Double R spine buster and Triple H uses the Double A spine buster. They both use variations of suplexes throughout their matches and both are very great brawlers. It would be nice to see a clash of these two very similer styles.

6. AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho
There isn't much to say on this one. Chris Jericho is the best in the world at what he does. AJ Styles is pond for pound the best wrestler alive. Both have had very successful careers in a big man's sport. This match would really be a dream match everyone would die to see.

7. Kurt Angle vs. Jack Swagger
I think this one is another given. The WWE is using Jack Swagger as another younger Kurt Angle. He's been using the ankle lock as a finisher and it would be cool to see just who really has the better hold on the Ankle Lock. Very similer style. Both a former all americans and these two could really put on a true wrestling match.

8. Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Bryan
In a 60 Minute Submissions only match. Everyone in the IWC would jizz a waterfall in this type of match. These two are as best as they come when it comes to technicality in the ring. Id love to see Daniel Bryan dust off the cattle mutilation see as how Kurt Angle is a smaller guy and he's be able to really hit that good. I want to see this bad.

9. Daniel Bryan vs. Desmond Wolfe
Its been done before. Daniel Bryan the guy who was picked up by the WWE. Desmond Wolfe the guy who was picked up by TNA at about roughly the same time. They've had two very different careers in their short time in each company. Put these two together to prove who really is the better wrestler and end their rivalry once and for all. A great dream match.

10. Chris Jericho vs. Kurt Angle
They've had a couple matches I believe but none this late in their careers. Both are future hall of famers and are icons at this point in their career. There wouldn't need to be titles on the line just a straight forward wrestling match. Both can make anyone they're in the ring with look excellent and if they wrestle each other, it would be gold. Probably the match I would love to see the most out of any other match I want.

My 10...too many options, but I'll try. In no particular order:

10. Team 3D vs. McGillicutty and Harris (Nexus): Who would use the tables first?

9. AJ Styles vs. Evan Bourne: Pele vs. Shooting Star....that would be awesome.

8. Matt Morgan vs. Big Show vs. Kane: Get the reinforcers ready.

7. Jay Lethal vs. Rey Mysterio: Wouldn't it be cool to hear Macho Man's music again in WWE?

6. Rey Mysterio vs. Awesome Red: Those two would fly all over the freakin' place.

5. Wade Barrett vs. Abyss vs. Undertaker: That would be insane, especially if Janice came into play.

4. Jeff Jarrett vs. Alberto Del Rio: It would be the only time I could see me WANTING Ricardo Rodriguez interfering.

3. Kurt Angle vs. John Cena: Why not recreate Cena's first match?

2. MCMG vs. Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes: It would be interesting.

1. Beer Money and Ric Flair vs. Santino Marella, Vladmir Kozoff and Mark Henry: Just picture it: An attempted Cobra, followed by "Beer"..."MONEY!"

That card would definitely by chaotic.

Dude, alot of strange choices on that card.....

9. AJ Styles vs. Evan Bourne: Pele vs. Shooting Star....that would be awesome.

Dont you mean Spiral Tap vs Shooting Star/Air Bourne???

To be fair, that match would be really good.

7. Jay Lethal vs. Rey Mysterio: Wouldn't it be cool to hear Macho Man's music again in WWE?

6. Rey Mysterio vs. Awesome Red: Those two would fly all over the freakin' place.

You would give Mysterio 2 matches on the same card??? I would scrap the Lethal match, I think Rey and AMAZING Red would work well together. That could be spectacular

5. Wade Barrett vs. Abyss vs. Undertaker: That would be insane, especially if Janice came into play.

I would much rather see Kane and Abyss go at it than Abyss and Taker, and Janice is the stupidist weapon I have ever seen. He will never hit anyone with it, it would literally kill someone its that dangerous. Why would Undertaker let such a weapon be used on him, or Barrett?

4. Jeff Jarrett vs. Alberto Del Rio: It would be the only time I could see me WANTING Ricardo Rodriguez interfering.

Who would you turn Face for this to work? I could see this as a submission match, and Jarrett finally scrapping his MMA gimmick after tapping out to the Armbar.

1. Beer Money and Ric Flair vs. Santino Marella, Vladmir Kozoff and Mark Henry: Just picture it: An attempted Cobra, followed by "Beer"..."MONEY!"

I could picture it sucking! You would want to use one of the best tag teams in the world in a comedy match with Santino and Kozlov? Come on man, if you want Beer Money on the card, then give them a match against a credible team, or a reunited team such as Edge & Christian or Rated RKO. At least the match would mean something then.

That card would definitely by chaotic.

Chaotic? yes. Good? no.

Where is the Sting v Undertaker match? The gimmick matches (Ladder, HIAC, Ultimate X etc). Where is the Angle v Bryan match? Come on, if you put a little longer into your post you could get an awesome card on here.

My TNA/WWE Dream Matches go like this:

1. The Undertaker vs. Sting. I am on the bandwagon with everyone on this one. How many dream matches did we miss because Sting never worked for the WWE.

2. Sting vs HBK. I repeat my previous statement. Battle of the born agains.:worship:

3. HHH vs JJ. For a long period of time Jeff Jarrett was the HHH of TNA and is a very good wrestler and The Game is The Game.

4. Jay Lethal vs Kofi Kingston vs Kazarian vs Dolf Ziggler in a 4way elimination match.

5. Kurt Angle vs Jack Swaggar in a technical classic.

6. AJ Styles vs Daniel Bryan Danielson. Enough said, the pound for pound 2 best in the ring.

7. Matt Morgan vs The Undertaker. I think Morgan is the most athletically gifted 7 footer ever. I think Taker can work some magic with the guy.

8. Doug Williams vs Drew McIntyre. You know the Brits and the Scots don't get along.

9. John Morrison vs. Kazarian. Two pretty boys with great movie sets...No homo.

10. MCMG and/or Beer Money vs any garbage tag team set from the WWE In a 4way Elimination Tag Match. Actually scratch that because there are no tag teams in the WWE.:disappointed:

10. Chris Master vs Rob Terry. I don't think it would be that bad, if it was all power moves.:banghead:

I forgot the LayCool vs The Beautiful People would be good too.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back