Top 10 gimmicks

dtroppe

Getting Noticed By Management
I apologize if this has been before, but I was thinking about gimmicks that have been so good they seem to stand the test of time. What do you think the top 10 gimmicks in wrestling have been. You can explain why you think the gimmick works. I understand gimmicks can evolve for example the Red and Yellow Hogan going Black and White- but I still consider this an evolution of the character. Here are my top 10

Hulk Hogan

Stone Cold

The Rock

The Undertaker (while kind of a cartoony gimmick, it has worked for several wrestling generations)

Ultimate Warrior (The guy could fill seats and sell tickets. Plus he still has action figures, video games, and is still shown on the WWE opening theme)

Sting (Again the character of sting has been evolving for years and is still one of the most popular in wrestling today-see all the interest caused by a possible sting vs taker match)

John Cena (I think the Cena character is still in the baby stages and has so far proven that he can be a great face of a wrestling promotion)

Heartbreak Kid

The Nature Boy

The Macho Man (The character evolved a great bit and now that WWE is allowing the use of his persona again, i think that we will see a lot more of Savage in the years to come)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back