• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too Many Heels...

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
There obviously appears to be an imbalance on this new Raw roster.

Raw now Boasts Miz, Del Rio, Punk, Truth, Sheamus, and Ziggler as main event or upper-midcard level heels.

Assuming none of these guys changes sides in the supplemental draft, where do they go from here??

Do you see any of these guys(or any other heels on the roster) making face turns in the near future??

How do you expect to see the heels booked? How would you book the current talent yourself to deal with this issue?

If the rumors are true that there is interest in building toward a Cena/Del Rio main event at SummerSlam, then I'd really like to see a feud between Miz and Punk with both men still playing there heels characters, giving the live crowds the chance to cheer who they wish.

Beyond the fact that there are too many heels, Raw boasts too much of the top talent. Smackdown is almost pointless to watch these days. The product is rather bland in comparison to Raw and the featured talent is getting up there in age.

When they initially moved Cena and Orton over to Smackdown along with Sin Cara, I was fooled into thinking they were actually going to try and shake things up to create new storylines. Especially since Adam Copeland's recent forced medical retirement. Then, at the end of the show, they drafted Cena right back to Raw and I, literally, said "HAH."

I can't believe I allowed myself to believe that the WWE is at all interested in trying new stuff. At this particular point with the WWE I'm reminded of a line from Baseketball.

And joining us in the booth this evening, big fan of BASEketball, Tony Nocholino, who plays, as you know, Latino cut-up "Scooter" on the new hit comedy series "What's the Difference?" airing between "Recycled Junk" starring Lisa Campbell and "Same Old Crap" featuring teen heartthrob Mark Swenson, all part of the great fall lineup on our network's "Who gives a rat's ass?" Thursdays.

Creative seems to have taken a vacation and doesn't appear to be returning any time soon. I don't understand why they even have the Smackdown brand when it's, clearly, not even a remote interest of theirs. For god's sake, Edge vs. Del Rio curtain yanked effin' Wrestlemania and that was a WHC match.

I sincerely hope that they TRY to shake things up with the supplemental draft, but I highly doubt this is going to affect anything more than jobbers and mid-cards.

i think r-truth might end up on SD after d supplemental draft. right now wid JoMo in d wwe title picture, der is nothing for r-truth to do on raw.....i have a feeling morrison might win d championship and drop it to del rio d next ppv, so that d match between cena and del rio can be set up for summerslam.

Well before the draft The Miz, CM Punk and Sheamus were the top heels on RAW. Adding Del Rio to the mix sure does make it look a bit 'clustered'.

If the reports are correct, then we will see Del Rio and Cena go at it over the coming months. Does anyone see The Miz turning face??? Sure RAW has just aquired Big Show and Mysterio, but is their a gap at the top for a top baby face like Orton was? I think there is.

CM Punk, Del Rio in the main event and Sheamus, R-Truth in the upper mid card are more than adequate heels to carry the show a few months. You could even have Big Show as a tweener if things aint working.

That would leave John Cena, Rey Mysterio and Morrison as your top faces, with Triple H making sporadic appearences aswell.

Punk may turn face after the Nexus turn on him, which is bound to happen sooner or later and Punk is better on his own anyway.

Iturngirlsgay..."you're excited?! Feel these nipples!!!"

But seriously, I think Miz is headed for a Randy Orton-like face turn especially if A-Ri goes to Smackdown in the supplemental draft. A Punk feud would be good to facilitate that transition as well. Call me crazy but i think Punk has the potential to be a MONSTER heel more than Miz can. On the contrary, I think Miz has the potential to be an incredible face reminiscent of The Rock. Also, Raw got some good faces in Big Show and Rey as well. The big question now is Did this draft seal the deal that Christian will be the next WHChamp?

Punk may turn face after the Nexus turn on him, which is bound to happen sooner or later and Punk is better on his own anyway.

Thats true. Punk is way over with the fans. With Orton leaving for Smackdown his recent behaviour will be soon forgotten and he can start back up as a face.

Yeh, good thinking, he is more than likely to turn face than The Miz, although Miz is being groomed to be the new face so anything could happen.

I forgot about Ziggler in my previous post aswell. Another heel.

Iturngirlsgay..."you're excited?! Feel these nipples!!!"

But seriously, I think Miz is headed for a Randy Orton-like face turn especially if A-Ri goes to Smackdown in the supplemental draft. A Punk feud would be good to facilitate that transition as well. Call me crazy but i think Punk has the potential to be a MONSTER heel more than Miz can. On the contrary, I think Miz has the potential to be an incredible face reminiscent of The Rock. Also, Raw got some good faces in Big Show and Rey as well. The big question now is Did this draft seal the deal that Christian will be the next WHChamp?

I think we will see a swerve. Del Rio will win the gold and turn up on Raw. Raw will have both belts for a few weeks like they did in 2005. Del Rio will probably start a storyline with Cena. Christian will get his rematch and go over, maybe with the aid of Cena. Christian returns to Smackdown a hero and Del Rio goes into it with Cena.

So you have Big Show and Rey to prolong the idea of cena being champ, which he hasn't been in almost a year, this is a good thing. Put an immovable force in front of him..have him give the Big Show the attitude adjustment at the end of elimination chamber(or whatever it is by then) and finally win the title for the first time in two years, then put it up against the rock....and anything can happen at wrestlemania

Miz and Sheamus can easily be made strong face characters.

Lots of heels means lots of fodder for Cena, Morrison, and possibly Danny Bryan. It speaks more to the strength of Cena and their plans for Morrison than it does anything else.

Rey and Show can work with pretty much anyone. There is still plenty of face talent between the five guys I just named off, no problem at all.

Also, dont forget there is a supplemental draft still to be had.

I think some how The Miz will come to Smackdown. There were rumours that the Miz will come to Smackdown and Alberto will come to Raw. Alberto is on Raw and somehow I think The Miz will come to Smackdown. Possibly at Over The Limit, Cena beats Miz and loser leaves Raw and The Miz comes to Smackdown.

I think there is a big problem with SD not having enough heels for Orton and Christian to fight now. Mark Henry, as much as I have a soft spot for it, is not going to cut it. McIntyre, Barrett and Rhodes are all potentially great but they are keeping them down and to have their babyfaces v. their heels doesn't seem like the 50-50 you need it to be.

Raw seems fine. I am disappointed that Del Rio may get buried in the title race but Cena always needs new heels to take on and this will keep Cena out of the main while others get over.

I think we will see a swerve. Del Rio will win the gold and turn up on Raw. Raw will have both belts for a few weeks like they did in 2005. Del Rio will probably start a storyline with Cena. Christian will get his rematch and go over, maybe with the aid of Cena. Christian returns to Smackdown a hero and Del Rio goes into it with Cena.

Only problem there is Christian doesn't necessarily get a rematch. I mean he doesn't have to. They could go that route though.

Until the last pick that brought Cena back to Raw, I was excited for this heel group. Because it meant either Punk or Miz would have to make a babyface turn soon. I would rather it have been Miz who then would've used his babyface turn to take Punk past super heel to monster heel and see if a show can survive without Cena and Orton.

And it's not so much that there aren't faces to combat the heels. It's that you have heels who have been ME to upper-midcard for the past few months and Cena is the only true ME face on Raw now with Morrison and Rey running upper-midcard face duty. Big Show can, of course, fill in anywhere needed. I'm interested to see how this goes. They could go a lot of ways from here, so it'll be nice for a little excitement for a couple months.

It wouldnt surprise me b4 long if you see the miz turn face the fans seem to like this bloke dunno why mind as he does my head in but oh well

and ziggler i think will end up as a mid carder as he doesnt look right main eventing with del rio cena miz punk and jomo plus i think big show could get another push now he is on raw MAYBE ???

also last nights draft made me laugh mysterio moves to raw oh look the new mysterio SIN CARA moves to smackdown and you know in like a year or so this bloke will get a big push like mysterio did when he first came around

Also with del rio going to raw and miz jomo and cena staying hope this means finally christian will get his world title rain the blokes great he should have got pushed when edge started to in my opinion as i rate him as high as edge they was a brilliant tag team and great single wrestlers

I knew from the moment Cena was drafted to SD! that he would be back on RAW. Why? Because, next week is the Rock's birthday from Miami. A RAW no less, and they are going to be playing up next years Wrestlemania too in that. That is why Cena, was drafted back. Also, i guess lack of heels on SD! means one thing, Christian will win the title. Feud with either Randy, cody, Drew, or the newly heel Mark Henry.

I think in the draft, you should dismember the corre and nexus.

Raw now Boasts Miz, Del Rio, Punk, Truth, Sheamus, and Ziggler as main event or upper-midcard level heels.

Truth is a midcarder, and Sheamus currently holds the US Championship.

Assuming none of these guys changes sides in the supplemental draft, where do they go from here??

Sheamus or Ziggler could turn face at this point. Ziggler would have to ditch Vickie, he instantly turns face when he does that. Miz could turn face too at the rate he's going, as much as I cringe at typing that. That solves the problem somewhat. That would only leave 3 of the guys you listed as heels.

Do you see any of these guys(or any other heels on the roster) making face turns in the near future??

Probably only Sheamus in the short term and Miz in the long run. Honestly, I could see some of them being drafted to Smackdown in the supplemental draft. Truth in particular.

How do you expect to see the heels booked? How would you book the current talent yourself to deal with this issue?

They would all need to be in different feuds unless one turns face. That is really the only way to book around an issue of a heel surplus without turning one or more of them face. Eventually that's what's going to happen.

If the rumors are true that there is interest in building toward a Cena/Del Rio main event at SummerSlam, then I'd really like to see a feud between Miz and Punk with both men still playing there heels characters, giving the live crowds the chance to cheer who they wish.

That scenario could work because then Cena/Del Rio can feud while Miz and Punk could feud and inevitably one of the two would HAVE to turn face or at least tweener during that feud. Unfortunately it would probably be Miz because he is becoming one of the guys that WWE can depend on to represent them everywhere.

Really need to wait for the Supplemental draft to decide what will happen with all the heels. Only the really big names move on RAW with the exception of the Big Show. He's been drafted every year since 2005 haha. He's draft is pretty predictable.

I think we'll see more heels draft to Smackdown and faces draft to RAW. Over all, I think there are more heels than faces. There will be some turns in the near future. If only they could be as talked about as R-Truth's turn.

Right now the 2 biggest faces in the company are Orton and Cena and having them on the same brand defeats there purpose. I can see an Orton Heel turn on Smackdown and feuding with Christian. That would solve the heel problem on Smackdown. You can have Undertaker come back for a match at Summerslam or Survivor series as another babyface for Orton to fight.

Del Rio is primed for a big push and having a feud against Cena would be more beneficial than Edge. Having it on Raw as well also will make it more meaningful. Edge got his rub from being on Raw before moving back to Smackdown to be the big guy there. You now have former champions like Mysterio and Big Show for the Miz to feud with to keep him going as a top guy.

personally i prefer raw having more heels than faces
because when there are more faces raw gets really boring and really stale!

currently i see cm punk getting attacked by nexus and him becoming a face in the process
then there will be cena and punk as raws main faces

then im guessing wwe will make JoMo a main event face (if he isnt drafted)
and i see ziggler becoming face so there are still more heels but barely

You can now add Drew McIntyre to the list of heels on RAW as he was just drafted.

Not to sure i understand why they needed another heel on RAW, and i thought he may have been in for a push up the card over on SD! as a heel, i guess not...

I don't see what he will be doing on RAW...

Unless they do something like in the Attitude Era and have the Heels face each other in matches, I really don't see much match variety here. The best bet would be turn two of the heels mainly Swagger and Mcintyre into faces to do battle with some of the Heels. The Miz won't be turning face ever probably for like GG he has established his character and celebrity status as a lovable heel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back