• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tonight...

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am planning on doing a Movie LD in the LD section with links to movies on Youtube. Sort of like Guy used to do a while back. Hopefully, if this takes off, we can do this every Sunday. I mean, what else do you have to do on a Sunday? Anyway, here is the list of movies that Youtube seems to give me for free. Cast your vote here. Viewing will begin at 2 GMT or 8 EST.

The Hunt For Gollum: A LOTR Prequel
Kids In America
Return Of The Tiger
Satan's School For Girls

So, which one would you like to watch as part of an LD tonight?

I think there's a site that's like a synced-Youtube. As in, you play a video and everyone who goes to that site sees the video as you see it. You should look it up if you want to do this.

Isn't that like a streaming site? This works because I can embed the player into the forum later on.

Wait, are the movies all in one video? If they're in multiple parts the streaming site would be great because it's better than saying "OK, start video 4 in five minutes!". Heck, even if the movie is in one part the streaming site would be great because then people could hop in later and not be lost.

Just a thought.

I'm in but know nothing about any of these films (obviously I know the LOTR stuff but nothing about the film in question). Just at random I'll go with Kids in America.

Wait, are the movies all in one video? If they're in multiple parts the streaming site would be great because it's better than saying "OK, start video 4 in five minutes!". Heck, even if the movie is in one part the streaming site would be great because then people could hop in later and not be lost.

Just a thought.

Yeah, Youtube allows for full movies to be uploaded now. It is all in one part and would only require pressing play once. This is just a lot easier to do, I think.

I'm in but know nothing about any of these films (obviously I know the LOTR stuff but nothing about the film in question). Just at random I'll go with Kids in America.

Oh yeah, I should have probably said what the movies are about.

LOTR: It is a precursor to the actual proper trilogy. I have no idea how good it will be but it can't be that bad, surely? It also has the highest rating of all the film on IMBD at 7/10.

Kind In America: A teen comedy in the same vein as American Pie. This one is batting at 5.6/10 on IMDB but looks like the most fun.

Return Of The Dragon: Martial Arts flick with Bruce Li. Batting a 6/10 on IMDB.

Satan's School For Girls: A drama/horror movie starring Julie Benz and Shannon Doherty. This one is about a woman who is enticed into witchcraft when investigating her sister's mysterious suicide.

Just a thought.

I like this. Either way works, though.

Either way, I am watching The Hunt For Gollum. I'm easily the biggest fan of Middle Earth on this website, and would like to familiarize myself with everything whether it be fan made, or the actual thing.

Yeah, I would have made it earlier but the Yanks on the board wont be on until later, you know?

Yeah it's fine mate. I dont blame ya - its them yanks :D . Make sure you post the link somewhere and I may catch up on it

I'm pushing this forward to 12 UK time so that we can watch both of our winners. The Hunt For Gollum is only 40-something minutes long, so we'll watch that first at 12. Then we will wait a little and watch Kids In America.

Thread is coming in the Live Discussion thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back