Todd Grisham Leaves For ESPN

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
PWInsider is reporting Todd Grisham finished his tenure with tonight's NXT TV Taping as he has left WWE for a position with ESPN. Over the past year Grisham has had his responsibilities and on screen appearances decreased.

Grisham, who also did regular play by play for soccer events on FOX Sports, had been with WWE from 2004 on in different roles, including backstage interviewer, lead announcer for ECW on Sci Fi and a number of now-defunct WWE broadcasts, including Byte This, Sunday Night Heat and The Bottom Line.

On his Twitter account, William Regal wrote that he wished Grisham well and thanked him for all his help with Regal's commentary work on WWE NXT.

Oh well, we still have Josh Matthews whose my personal favorite commentator at this point. Matt Striker will probably return to his role as a commentator on NXT with Grisham gone and we still have Booker T and his ghetto perspective.(Word to your mum)

Scott Stanford seems to have a certain degree of popularity and all.

2 things come to mind when I think of Tod Grisham

[youtube]ud75ZQVh04U[/youtube]

and boring commentator.

Good for him. Remember when Punk was a commentator, he should have dual roles commentating and wrestling. I would love to see him call each move while he is wrestling just screaming them, since Cole can't get his moves right.

I'm happy for him. Hopefully he has the same amount of success Johnathon Coachman has had with ESPN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back