• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Todd Duffee Released by the UFC

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
I'm actually pretty shocked over this.

Heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee is no longer employed by the sport's largest mixed martial arts promotion.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the move, and Duffee's manager, Alex Davis, confirmed the report.

I don't get why the UFC would release him. The Heavyweight division could always use decent fighters, and Todd Duffee was, next to Junior Dos Santos, the biggest prospect in the division. There were some issues in the past where he bitched about the UFC writing a story about how he used to work at a Dairy Queen, and he thought they weren't promoting him correctly, but still, he is a pretty big name who has a connection with casual fans as they know him as the guy with the quickest KO in UFC history.

It's not like they'd release him for performance issues, that loss against Mike Russow was a fight he was dominating until Russow put on the Homer Simpson-ish KO on Duffee that was incredible.

It wouldn't shock me if it was steroid related. It also wouldn't shock me if it had something to do with him pulling out of the Jon Madsen fight. Perhaps he wanted a pay raise.

Either way, this is a fairly big story. I'm sure we'll hear more news about this in the coming days, as well as to what Duffee's future is. I think Strikeforce would be ******ed if they didn't offer him an immediate contract with how they're trying to stock their Heavyweight division.

It also wouldn't shock me if it had something to do with him pulling out of the Jon Madsen fight.

Well after doing some looking around, I found nothing on the matter either. I did see on his Wikipedia page though, that he pulled out of the Madsen fight because of a lingering knee injury.

Still is very shocking to say the least. The guy has so much potential. I remember back in the LD for UFC 114 a few of us said that he needed to be careful or he might gas out and get caught in the Russow fight. Something big must of happened for him to just get released like that. If it is steroid related wouldn't that be out in the open though, that he failed a test?

I agree Strikeforce better act quickly though. Duffee could be their future in the Heavyweight division.

Strikeforce needs to sign him immediately, bottom line.

Do not let this guy go on the smaller shows and either A) Rack up a few wins and get signed back by the UFC or B) Lose to some no name and have his value completely tarnished. Strikeforce could really, really use this pick up. Put him in there with Brett Rogers first, and once Duffee kicks his ass... boom, you have yet another contender for the SF Heavyweight Title, which Srikeforce is currently lacking.

Anyways, this was a very bad move by the UFC, in my opinion. Todd Duffee has a shit load of potential, and it's a shame the UFC wasn't as patient with him as they've been with Stephan Struve, otherwise they could have had a major contender and future draw on their hands. Their loss is Strikeforce's gain though, IF Strikeforce is smart enough to sign him right away.

I am more shocked that this release literally came out of nowhere. A lot of UFC releases come about after a fighter has lost a fight, meaning within the next week or so. This release just came out of nowhere. Duffee hasn't fought for a couple of months and it wasn't like he was on some sort of losing streak or anything either. Well, as has been said, I am sure he will get picked up in Strikeforce immediately, I would actually prefer him in Bellator but their Heavyweight tournament is already under way. Hopefully he can rack up a few wins and he will be back sooner then later.

Strikeforce better get off their asses quickly, and talk to this man.

Todd Duffee, has the quickest KO in UFC history, and that pretty much speaks for it self. Strikeforce you want to bolster you Heavyweight division Todd Duffee is a headstart. This man is powerful, talented and has bucketloads of potential really a huge mistake on the part of the UFC. There has to be a major side to the story because fighters don't just get released for no reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back