Today marks the TRUE "End Of An Era"

MattRhys20

Cena fan since Word-Life
As of 00:00:01 tomorrow, Good Ol' J.R, more commonly known as Jim Ross is no longer under contract by WWE.

I think we should take this time to thank Jim Ross for all he has done and reflect on quite possibly the greatest wrestling commentator of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5QfCgMbqSw#t=316

I think it is far to say that commentating in WWE will never be the same (regardless of how much Cole, Lawler and JBL try).

I think JR should have gotten the proper send off from WWE ala Ric Flair or HBK. He made the matches and the show feel real, he put real emotion into calling the action. IMO there are two instances that stand out the most for me when it comes to JR calling the action. 1) WM X7 when Austin turned on the WWF and aligned with Vince and 2) Right after Chris Benoit won the World Heavyweight Championship at WM XX and he embraced Eddie Guerrero. Who can forget the banter between him and Paul Heyman, instant classic.

JR will be back in some form. He always goes back. Apparently, he likes the paycheck and abuse from Vinny mac.

jr sucked as commentator. a wrestling match is not a horse race and doesnt need to be called like one. ive never understood why people like jr so much, id take mcmahon heenan monsoon over jr any day of the week. maybe everyone thinks jr is great because the guy who replaced him is even worse

Jim Ross is at least 7-8 years past his prime. Its not the end of an era of great commentary; it has been a long time since his departure from being a regular commentator, and when was the last time he did anything significant? Rather, its the end of an era (I hope) of tireless WWE-asskissing, something he had dedicated himself to doing ever since he started blogging, and only cut down on recently. WWE too won't be interested in renewing his contract (in whatever form that might be) because they are aware that he doesn't have much to offer anymore apart from defending them on social media, and the demographic that worship him- WWE doesn't even care about them.
Sorry for the rude language, but that's just how I feel about him.

Jim Ross is at least 7-8 years past his prime. Its not the end of an era of great commentary; it has been a long time since his departure from being a regular commentator, and when was the last time he did anything significant? Rather, its the end of an era (I hope) of tireless WWE-asskissing, something he had dedicated himself to doing ever since he started blogging, and only cut down on recently. WWE too won't be interested in renewing his contract (in whatever form that might be) because they are aware that he doesn't have much to offer anymore apart from defending them on social media, and the demographic that worship him- WWE doesn't even care about them.
Sorry for the rude language, but that's just how I feel about him.

You are clueless. And looking at your age, it's safe to say you have a vague memory of JR during his "prime". Apart from being a pbp commentator he was an everyday Executive Vice President of Talent Relations for the company.

During his time in that position we saw future/current HOF like Batista, Edge, Christian, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Randy Orton come in. That doesn't include countless mid card talents.

His legacy goes beyond being a commentator or "social ambassador" as you are trying to make him appear as. It's safe to say those names on that list have built a great resume and will one say join Edge in the HOF. Get a clue.

WWE has had an appreciate day for JR in the past, so I don't see them giving him a sendoff unless he was never going to appear on WWE TV again.

You are clueless. And looking at your age, it's safe to say you have a vague memory of JR during his "prime". Apart from being a pbp commentator he was an everyday Executive Vice President of Talent Relations for the company.

During his time in that position we saw future/current HOF like Batista, Edge, Christian, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, John Cena and Randy Orton come in. That doesn't include countless mid card talents.

His legacy goes beyond being a commentator or "social ambassador" as you are trying to make him appear as. It's safe to say those names on that list have built a great resume and will one say join Edge in the HOF. Get a clue.

WWE has had an appreciate day for JR in the past, so I don't see them giving him a sendoff unless he was never going to appear on WWE TV again.

Don't be so condescending. Although I don't often agree with him, he was right on this -- that's the value of JR now.

JR did make a return (or two) the past 8 years, and it wasn't good at all. And neither were his blog posts that were sometimes referenced here. It's like he had lost touch or something. Some of the things he said just didn't sound right.

And you are a moron that can't read. The OP addressed his commentary, not his talent recruiting. And that's precisely what I was addressing as well. I was being too kind and considering the days when he was still relevant and did an okay job; actually he is over a decade past his prime. Deal with that.
WWE fired him because he is useless now. He kept on kissing their ass, because he hoped, just like jabronis like you did, that they would take him back. But they didn't. And they won't. His "era" ended as soon as he was demoted from both fields. Deal with that as well.
Funny that you take a shot at my age; you are a dumbfuck regardless of whether you are 12 or 122. Jim Ross' c**k is shoved too far down your throat for you to read or think properly. Oh and next time type a civilized response, and you will get a civilized reply.

Never really got what the big deal was about JR: I always preferred Gordon Solie personally. Ross was better than Tony Schiavone but that's not saying much I'm afraid.

I personally think Jim Ross is the greatest commentator of all time, so many iconic moments in WWE history wouldn't be the same without J.R's involvement. His reactions made you believe that he really did care about the wellbeing of the talent involved and he was able to make an average event feel like something earth-shattering.

I'll always remember his reaction when Mankind was thrown from the top of the Hell in a Cell by The Undertaker, but there are countless classic JR moments. Yes the man is totally past his prime and doesn't have anything more to offer WWE as an announcer, but it's still a shame that he isn't with the company any more. I do expect we'll see him again at some point, and I hope it isn't just another occasion of Vince humiliating JR in the ring as he's done on multiple occasions.

Everyone has their favourite announcer, who's commentary they grew up with and associate with their biggest memories in wrestling. For me its JR and the Attitude Era. His partnership with Jerry Lawler (and later Paul Heyman) at that time cannot be topped. The commentators WWE has these days can't compare.

E
And you are a moron that can't read. The OP addressed his commentary, not his talent recruiting. And that's precisely what I was addressing as well. I was being too kind and considering the days when he was still relevant and did an okay job; actually he is over a decade past his prime. Deal with that.
WWE fired him because he is useless now. He kept on kissing their ass, because he hoped, just like jabronis like you did, that they would take him back. But they didn't. And they won't. His "era" ended as soon as he was demoted from both fields. Deal with that as well.
Funny that you take a shot at my age; you are a dumbfuck regardless of whether you are 12 or 122. Jim Ross' c**k is shoved too far down your throat for you to read or think properly. Oh and next time type a civilized response, and you will get a civilized reply.

It's funny because nowhere in my statement did I mention wishing he would return. When he resigned/fired or whatever - I noted that his time in WWE ran it's course. You are saying he has nothing left to offer the company at all, don't try to justify that you were referencing just commentary. feel he has a great eye for talent - you're about to watch two of them compete in the main event at Summerslam. Him being a talent relations consultant doesn't mean he will be on live TV. I will just single out your unnecessary spazzing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back