• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To the WZ Movie Buffs (aka X, Tdigle, JMT, etc...)

simpsons_fanatic742

WZPC Intercontinental Champion
I would love to know your thoughts on director Alfred Hitchcock. I like his films and most of them are iconic in the film industry. I've heard about his conflicts with the awards industry and it's a shame he never won best director at the oscars, although I don't think he would want/accept it anyway. He's one of the most famous directors and possibly one of the best, so that's why I ask for your opinions. I've seen you gentleman discuss the works of various directors and thought, who better to ask.

Hitchcock is the quintessential pre-baby boomer American director, and quite possibly the single greatest director to ever live if you're talking about consistency and quantity of quality films. The man has released more classic films than any single director I can possibly think of. Let's see here...

Blackmail
The Man Who Knew too Much
The 39 Steps
Sabotage
The Lady Vanishes
Rebecca
Foreign Correspondent
Suspicion
Saboteur
Shadow of a Doubt
Lifeboat
Spellbound
Notorious
Rope
Strangers on a Train
Dial M for Murder
Rear Window
To Catch a Thief
Vertigo
North by Northwest
Psycho
The Birds
Topaz

Look at that list. That's just a list of his BEST movies IMO, and that's only about half of his filmography!

I love Hitchcock, especially his two different TV series. Really I mean what would you like to discuss? I've seen most of the man's filmography.

Nothing really specifically to discuss. Did he do anything revolutionary for directing or are there directors today who model after him? I bring this up because I remembered the speech I wrote on him and wanted to see what people thought of him as a director. Do you about his feud with the academy X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back