To All Nostalgia Critic Fans...

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
The NC needs your help. Recently, he was forced to take down his review of the movie "The Room" as it "violates copyright laws." Upon seeing the review, and researching these laws, I have come to the conclusion that in no way does it violate copyright.

How can you help? By emailing John at "[email protected]" I already have. Here is the e-mail I sent him.

Dear Mr. John,
Hello, I am e-mailing you in regards to the Nosatlgia Critic's review of the movie "The Room." As Doug Walker has told us, he was forced to take it off of his site because it "violates copyright laws." However, your logic here sir, is wrong. In no way does his review violate the laws of copyright. The following is from a doctrine in the United States Copyright Law, it is called "Fair Use."

"Fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship. It provides for the legal, non-licensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test. The term fair use originated in the United States. A similar principle, fair dealing, exists in some other common law jurisdictions. Civil law jurisdictions have other limitations and exceptions to copyright."

Having seen this review myself, I can assure you that there was limited use of scenes from "The Room." Here are some more provisions of said doctrine:

"The fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:
the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
the nature of the copyrighted work;
the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors"

This review was for fun, and in no way violates any laws regarding copyright. This review was in no means trying to violate any laws, which it didnt. Therefore Mr.John, United States Law allows Doug Walker A.K.A. The Nostalgia Critic to put his review of this movie on his site, and keep it on there for as long as he pleases. Your logic is wrong, you are wrong, and The Nostalgia Critic is right.

Please allow Doug Walker to put the review back on his site.

Hunter7795

Help The Nostalgia Critic!

I love Doug and all but I don't see the point. All this does is make the stupid fuck who made the movie more known and I think the point of the review was to mock the shit out of wasseau or however you spell it. It does not violate the copyright laws. If it did, there'd be no AVGN.

I love Doug and all but I don't see the point. All this does is make the stupid fuck who made the movie more known and I think the point of the review was to mock the shit out of wasseau or however you spell it. It does not violate the copyright laws. If it did, there'd be no AVGN.

Good point, Crashin.

Oh, and it's "Wiseau"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back