Storm vs. Colon

• If I Can Be Serious for A Minute

• Carlito Sr.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNARegion in the six sided ring, from Winnipeg, MB.

#19. Lance Storm
Storm01.jpg

vs.

#46. Carlos Colon
carloscolon.jpg

This really comes down to how you're judging this. If you're going on influence, it's Colon. If you're going on skills, it's Storm. Colon was really a glorified brawler who ran the company and therefore won a ton of titles because of it. He's important because he's the king of Puerto Rican wrestling and has a big legacy because of it. Storm though has the skills to go with almost anyone. He has a great knowledge of the wrestling business and his blogs are very insightful. It's rare to see someone that knows what they're talking about with little agenda talk regularly like that. I'll take Storm but this should be close.

Lance Storm. I believe his wrestling ability equals that of Bret Hart or Kurt Angle and while Colon was very good I just think Storm is better and can use the submission game to beat Colon.

Wow Shocky. Way to sway the voters with that picture of Storm ;) Obviously it's to his advantage that this match is in Canada.

Storm should win this, but it'll be close. He did his best against other wrestlers, and brawlers tend to give him problems. He's got the edge in athleticism, so the ring works better for him, and the Super Kick will be the equalizer. I'd say his is even prettier than HBK's.

I say in one of the best matches to take place in a TNA ring Storm gets the win with a super kick after ducking a punch. Also this is in Canada which is Storm's home country giving him the advantage and Storm is the better wrestler.

Carlos Colon was huge in Puerto Rico, but that is more of a locale than a wrestling institution like Mexico or Japan, and in this locale Lance Storm is king.

Colon only really acheived anything in a promotion that he owned and booked, and I think that in a TNA ring, Storm would edge him out. It'd be a close match, but Storm wins.

Lance Storm would out wrestle Carlos. Dont get me wrong, Carlos was a good wrestler, but he's most know for being a wrestling promoter. Lance would take him to the mat and wrestle him till he's wore out. Then he'd lock in a submission hold and win the match.

I freaking love lance storm. The guy has been solid every where that I've watched him. He was a threat in ECW, he was a solid mid card guy in WCW, and he was a solid Midcard WWE worker. That gets the job done for me.

I've seen enough of Carlos that I just don't understand the hype. He got a few cheap territory wins over Ric Flair for the NWA title that aren't even recognized. He was the figure head of a company in Puerto Rico, where most of the big name stars that went there were more worried about being stabbed by someone in the crowd then performing an actual good match. Carlos Colon is essentially the Jerry Lawler of Puerto Rico, great in his territory, but unproven elsewhere.

If I could be serious for a moment. I'm a big Lance Storm mark, always have liked his work. One of the best technical wrestlers of the last 20 years. His work in ECW as a part of the Impact Players made me really luike this guy. I think eople may think of him negatively from his WWE days. If you fall into that category please Youtube Lance Storm's ECW days, he could flat out go. I just love him from a standpoint he has the technical ability, the ability to go off the top rope, and the strength to execute a power move. Not to mention i think he could be great in an TNA ring. Lance Storm moves on to the next round.

Lance Storm should take this one without even so much as a thought otherwise. While, personally, I don't know much about Carlos.. what I do know, is it's IN Canada where Lance Storm is seen as right under Bret Hart as one of the all-time most favorite Canadian Superstars, ever.

Storm has always been a very solid Wrestler, and has been capable of adapting to anything, at any time. Meanwhile, again I don't know much on Carlos, but what little I've heard.. I don't believe he could take Storm regardless of it happening in Canada, or not.

Lance Storm has this one in the bag. He is a great worker and can hit the superkick like that and it is nighty night for Carlos. Oh and this match is also in Canada. Couldn't have setup better for Storm. Carlos will give him a run for his money, but I don't see how Carlos can pick up the win.

Hmmm...seeing how this is in TNA and taking place in Canada, I would have to give it to Storm. Although I actually like Colon better, I think Storm is better suited to the environment (TNA loves Canadians for some reason). If this were south of the Mason-Dixon line however, Colon would crush Storm, even if it were in TNA. The crowd plays a very important role in this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back