tna. wat r u doin. tna. STAHP.

Bumping this because it became relevant again.

MATT MORGAN? MATT FUCKING MORGAN? While you offer Taz a big money contract and pursue the washed-up never-was MVP? And you keep Knux and Wes Brisco on the roster, doing about as much as Morgan was but without a tenth of the talent?

This is the point when Pritchard's regime becomes entirely irredeemable. There is literally nothing at all he could do to put my faith in his work again.

Whap me, you sir are over-reacting.

Matt Morgan is no good. He has done nothing in seven years. He's also currently doing nothing.

Taz is hardly getting a "big money contract". (side note: I googled "Taz Big Money Contract" and guess what comes up? Your comment.) Taz is a sub-par commentator that cant move his head without moving his whole body. He's not geting shit. But he is part of the only important story in TNA in the last year that still soaks up the majority of the show. The same goes for Knux and Brisco. They aren't going anywhere untill this finishes and the next bunch of losers get fired. Matt Morgan disappears mysteriously every two weeks. Most people wont notice this.

Makes sense enough. If you can't pay your performers, you should cut the ones who are giving you the least bang for your buck. I'm not sure what Morgan was getting paid, and I'm more than willing to bet he wasn't a top earner, but he never took with audiences. He's a paycheck that won't be missed in TNA.

Best of luck wherever he goes. Maybe another company can package him better, or maybe he gets to spend time with his family now.

Thought I might as well revive this a third time for the newest releases.

Tara I can take. After all, she is 42 or something, whether or not she can wrestle, and she's mostly been a valet recently. But cutting DOC? "Here's an idea, why not fire the only member of Aces and Eights who could do something useful afterwards". Dropping DOC and keeping Bischoff, Brisco and Knux indicates there's something horribly wrong with Bruce Prichard.
Thank fuck there's been news that he's leaving too. TNA needs a new direction.

Looks like we're finding out who's not on the budget plan.

I've been saying for over a year now that if TNA didn't turn things around, they were in for a restructuring. But people here are not the brightest of cookies and assume if you say "TNA does not appear to be recouping their investment", you mean "TNA is horrible badness which will go bankrupt within three months". After WCW and ECW, the only company collapse scenario people understand round these parts is the sudden drastic one.

There's also the way to go where you slowly unwind your assets and accept steadily diminishing returns, and TNA isn't going to boost their numbers (I know, international marketing deals) on the backs of Hulk Hogan supporting a cast of $500 a night players and main eventer who's main eventing for the lack of legitimate main eventers.

I was legitimately shocked when I first heard TNA couldn't pay their performers. That's usually the very last thing that happens before your company suddenly tanks and the owners disappear. (Dragon Saga- millionaire corporate owners. There's a lesson for you here that's going over your head.) In any other business but professional wrestling, TNA would no longer be a company. Fortunately for them, most of their employees have nowhere better to be. They aren't going to walk off Impact and onto Raw; they'd be walking off Impact into a long season of joblessness.

BUT- this does affect their contracts going forward. The first thing anyone, in any field, should look at when evaluating employers is "can they pay me?" Contractors know this implicitly, but it's surprising to people who have been hourly or salaried their whole life. You sort of expect that your employer would be able to pay you, right? Well, TNA no longer has that. They're very visibly cutting costs right now (and that, at least, shows a desire to survive past the immediate short term).

You don't grow by cutting costs. You try to trim down excess costs to make your revenue machine smaller, but more efficient, able to provide impetus for further growth. Sometimes, that doesn't happen, and those 'excess' costs are what were generating your revenue.

I'm paying very close attention to TNA lately- the fact that not only could TNA not pay their performers, but we all heard about it, suggests TNA came a lot closer to closing up shop recently then we all think. TNA's story is the story of professional wrestling's future, and right now it's kinda grim.

There are only few people that matter for me in TNA.

Bully Ray being one of them. he needs to get back to WWE as singles competitors ones of these days.

Oh and also Sting but Vince needs to promise him to treat him nicely. He can't end his career in TNA.

It should be ended at showcase of Immortals for the world to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back