TNA To WWE: Compare Your Athletes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
What superstars in TNA would you consider to have any kind of resemblance to any WWE superstar? Past or present?

There have been many TNA performers who have had gimmicks similar in some way or another to that of a WWE alumni. But my question to you is, who?

First let me say that if you compare Jay Lethal to Randy Savage, you should slap yourself for pointing out the obvious. ;)

For my comparison, I would dare to compare D'Angelo Dinero with... The Rock. They obviously don't look alike or they wrestle alike. They do however share similar mic skills. They both have a tendency to refer to themselves in a third person, not to mention their over the top voices. They also have very charismatic attitudes, proof of that has been seen since The Pope first debuted. The Rock had many catch phases that have become very popular over the years and D'Angelo seems to be working on that with phrases like: "The Pope is Pimpin'" or "Pimp slappin'". Not to mention his rather funny way of mispronouncing other workers names: "Suicidey" or "Hernandeh". They both have great skills with backstage segments as well. The Rock would always make fun the interviewers while D'Angelo tries to talk Lauren into joining his "congregation" and plugging the Six Hour Power energy drink.

So what do you think? Who in TNA reminds you of a WWE alumni.

Alex Shelley is Chris Jericho incarnate, if you ask me. He's got a quip for every wrestler on the roster at any point he feuds with them, and both his in-ring style and the fact that he's the type of multi-dimensional wrestler who can carry himself in the cruiser/X-Division as well as the upper cards (were he asked to, IMO) are a testament to that.

That Bashir guy reminds me a lot of this wrestler the WWE had called Davari, too! ;)

WOW......... FIRST OFF LET ME TELL YOU, TNA HAS STOLEN SOME "CHARACTER" FROM WWE, I REMEMBER WATCHING BLACK MACHISMO AND I SAID HEY!!!! HE'S SPEAKING THE SAME WAY RANDY SAVAGE DID, AND ALSO THE SAME THEME SONG! WHAT A HELL?

SO TNA HAS SEVERAL STARS COPIED FROM WWE OR PAST PROMOTIONS...

MMMM RIGHT NOW SINCERELY I HAVE A LOT OF TIME THAT I DONT WATCH TNA SO I CANT' REALLY TELL MUCH MORE......

Cool, I love dorks who type in all capitals.

None the less I have to agree with him, black machismo is basically macho man randy savage. Talks the same, same theme song. The only thing he doesn't have is miss elizabeth walking him to the ring.

So except for the obvious, there's a few that can be compared. Jay Lethal has said in interviews that he is a rip-off of Savage, so please, from here on out, AVOID USING THAT EXAMPLE! IT IS SPAM!

Anyway...The clear choice for me is Abyss. As Foley has said in many interviews, he resemble a lot of what Foley has done in the past, and he's been compared to Kane on more than one occasion as well. He has the mask, the freaked out history, and a desire to be loved by everyone.

Outside of that, I'd say that Kyoshi reminds me a bit of Tajiri. They have the same mannerisms, and the same body language in the ring.

So except for the obvious, there's a few that can be compared. Jay Lethal has said in interviews that he is a rip-off of Savage, so please, from here on out, AVOID USING THAT EXAMPLE! IT IS SPAM!

Anyway...The clear choice for me is Abyss. As Foley has said in many interviews, he resemble a lot of what Foley has done in the past, and he's been compared to Kane on more than one occasion as well. He has the mask, the freaked out history, and a desire to be loved by everyone.

Outside of that, I'd say that Kyoshi reminds me a bit of Tajiri. They have the same mannerisms, and the same body language in the ring.

Oh, I couldn't agree more with you about Abyss and Kane/Mankind. I actually nick-named him Mankindof a few years back when I first started watching iMPACT!, and noticed that he was essentially a fusion between the two. Everything from the size, to the "hellfire" in his intro, to his mask, to the long hair, to the "monster" gimmick said this was the child or byproduct of both WWE/F guys.

Kyoshi reminds me more of the Great Muta than he does Tajiri, but I suppose the tarantula-like manuerisms are attributable. He emulates Great Muta anyway with the red face paint, and the weird looking biohazard mask, as well as the tongue-out thing he does.

That Shark Boy guy sure resembled Stone Cold Steve Austin a while back too, eh? :lol:

Abyss is obviously Mankind. The mask, the shirt, the voice, the persona. But, he rips off Mankind pretty damn well. I think he's doing a great job of putting himself over.

Now, the Foley angle, with Foley turning good/bad/good was insane. It made no sense.

Perfect! Since when has Mick or Abyss ever made sense. I think that angle, as crazy as it was, really stayed true to both men's personas. You never know what Foley will do, and Abyss is unpredictable, so I think it worked.

I'm really hoping they do that angle again, but with Abyss as the heel. Have him squash, absolutely brutalize Foley on Impact, and then they can have a bloodbath on a PPV. Hell, I'd pay to see it, but I've always been a Foley mark.

These two characters, just from their similarities, work very well together, and I hope they keep it going.

Dr. Stevie is just a distraction and needs to do something else. He's getting in the way of this, and provides nothing for that angle.

Amazing Red is a bit like Lance Storm on Prozac. Yes, it's not really a rip off of any gimmick but I just can't help thinking he's a mirror of Storm but with innate enthusiastic smiles rather than expressionless boring indifference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back