TNA Signs Anthony Nese

Dizzy

Championship Contender
Pro Wrestling Syndicate would like to congratulate its NY State Champion “The Premiere Athlete” Tony Nese on signing a deal with TNA Wrestling.

Nese will still be in action for PWS on Saturday August 20th at Center Island Sports on 101 Union Ave in Ronkonkoma NY (Long Island) as he defends his NY State Title in a 4 Way Match against Amazing Red, Azrieal, and Brian XL.

http://www.gerweck.net/

He wrestled under the name "Anthony Nese" in the 3 way match against Jack Evans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPqrepU2zK0

You can add his name to the list of several new X-Division wrestlers to debut soon.

He's pretty intense with his punches, strikes and even comes off like a Shelton Benjamin when it comes to the X-Division style.

Kudos for TNA for signing another guy who could go in the X-Division but also potentially turn into something outside of it.

ahh good to hear this i liked tony during the match with jack evans im glad they signed him it will be intersting to see how he does in the x divison and if he will get past the x division down the road sometime im glad to see there bringing in more x divison guys...still bummed jack evans wont be returning there

I wonder if they still would have signed him if Jack Evans hadn't declined.

I've only seen him in that tryout match but he looks like he has plenty of potential. It's also quite good that he has a fairly bigger build than most of the other X Division guys and I see him as a continuation of the Douglas Williams style of X Division. That german suplex - bridge pin combo was pretty impressive and adding some powerful guys to the Division mixes it up too.

Good luck to the guy.

Everytime you look up a 'TNA has signed' thread you think it might be something worthwhile and when you find out who it is, it turns out to be yet another pointless nobody that will never make it big....

Ah, nice. X will certainly be happy about this.

This kid has talent, for sure. What I really love most about him though is that he doesn't have the same body limits as other "X Division guys" before him, so there's always opportunity for him to break out of it in the future.

I'd imagine he'd be one of the "new stars" coming to the X Division this Thursday, no?

I actually liked all three of the participants in that match and thought that they all would be good additions to the x division, sure Nese, and Sorenson are green but they are fresh faces and got some talent and I think they could work their way out of the x division and be used in other ways not just x divisioners.

Everytime you look up a 'TNA has signed' thread you think it might be something worthwhile and when you find out who it is, it turns out to be yet another pointless nobody that will never make it big....

Pointless nobody that will never make it big? Like Alex Riley, Heath Slater, Otunga, Zeke Jackson, Evan Borune?

I'm starting to think your nothing but a trolling mark. Not everyone signs wrestlers to be World Champions. Get real.

You complain when they sign a guy to push like Jesse Godderz but you complain when they sign a Indy guy. :lmao:

YES!!!

Tony Nese is one of the most gifted young guys on the independent scene. He has an ability much like Samoa Joe, big guy; unlike Joe, Tony has muscle mass and definition, but he can move very rapidly and has had some great matches in EVOLVE, his promos are quite good but he will instantly get the, "he doesn't have a personality" label, unless TNA give him some gimmick - which I hope and pray they don't.

Great signing by TNA, Tony has potential, he is an actual prospect and given the correct time and pattern in push could make for an accomplished TNA Superstar over time. World Heavyweight Champion material? If managed correctly. TNA X Division Champion? My prediction is within the first six months of his tenure; all depending on if he's pushed right.

Know a lot about Tony, supported him since the moment I saw him wrestle for EVOLVE. This is a young guy to watch.

YES!!!

Tony Nese is one of the most gifted young guys on the independent scene. He has an ability much like Samoa Joe, big guy; unlike Joe, Tony has muscle mass and definition, but he can move very rapidly and has had some great matches in EVOLVE, his promos are quite good but he will instantly get the, "he doesn't have a personality" label, unless TNA give him some gimmick - which I hope and pray they don't.

Great signing by TNA, Tony has potential, he is an actual prospect and given the correct time and pattern in push could make for an accomplished TNA Superstar over time. World Heavyweight Champion material? If managed correctly. TNA X Division Champion? My prediction is within the first six months of his tenure; all depending on if he's pushed right.

Know a lot about Tony, supported him since the moment I saw him wrestle for EVOLVE. This is a young guy to watch.

Interesting. He kinda reminded me a bit of Tommy Dreamer face-wise, which kinda turned me off a little. I admit I liked him the most out of the three in that match, but I never pegged him as a legit X-Divisioner because of how much his physique resembled Matt Morgan.

I like his style a lot. Just basic, realistic moves that look like they hurt. I can get behind that. :shrug:

When did this guy debut?

When did this guy debut?

Honestly, can't give you an exact date but I believe he debuted for Pro Wrestling Syndicate around the end of 2008.

Tony did look pretty similar to Tommy Dreamer face-wise during his IW appearance due to the fact he grew a beard since I'd last seen him, but without it he doesn't look much like Dreamer. He's a great wrestler, has a few high-flying moves in his arsenal too.

I'm confident he'll be a success in the X Division, he has the talent but he just needs to avenue to exhibit those skills.

I'm feeling all of the X-Division signings so far. But it's beginning to irritate me that for all the signings they've made & will make in the future, and all the hype about rebooting the X-Division, they're still only having 1 X-Division match a week. I get that they're building to Bound for Glory now so the X-Division still has to take a back seat to the BFG series and Immortal/Fortune story they've been doing for a year. But after Bound for Glory, everything should start fresh. They better give these guys at least 3 matches a week if they're going to sign so many of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back