• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA, Ric Flair and the WWE Hall of Fame

Davi323

semi-retired from WZ
This is not about the Four Horsemen in it's entirety, but the fact that the WWE would induct a group whose leader currently works for another organization raised a few questions in my mind, and I am sure that I am not the only one here that kinda scratched their heads at it. How was the WWE planning to handle Ric Flair, due to his current employment situation? Whenever Sting to the HOF topics come up, there is always the argument that the WWE would wait until he was finished with TNA, that they would never induct a current employee of another wrestling organization. Well, by inducting the Four Horsemen, that kind of negates that argument, doesn't it?

-Will Ric Flair show up on WWE Programming along with Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Barry Windam despite being under contract with TNA? If so, how would TNA react? There would have to be consequences to openly violating his contract, wouldn't there? What kind of message would it send if they didn't?

-Would TNA actually give Flair permission to appear on a competitor's programming? That doesn't seem like that would be in TNA's best interest either, unless Flair plans to work in a few TNA mentions in their induction speech. But that would be really cheap on his part.

-Will Flair be finished with TNA by then, making the TNA connection irrelevant?

-Will Flair NOT show up due to his TNA situation, and leave an incredible void in the ceremony? Would the WWE try to make up some hollow excuse as to why Flair wasn't there, after making sure to feature him prominently in the video announcement?

These are all questions that popped in my mind after I saw that the Horsemen were being inducted, I am curious as to what others think the WWE will do.

First of all, stop smoking the spam pot, this would've been great in the non-spam section.

Now for a spam response to teach you a listen...

Paul Roma!!!!!!

I was worried that since it related to the Horsemen going into the Hall of Fame, that it might get merged with the HOF thread, and get lost in the shuffle. I wasn't sure if this topic is distinct enough to be considered a different, unique idea...but, I may end up duplicating it, provided that a duplicating a topic in the spam and non-spam sections isn't a violation of the rules. I see threads where the idea/general concept of the threads get copied, but maybe not the exact thread itself...I PMed a mod for clarification, waiting to hear back.

Good man, now I shall answer your question.

They must've thought of something. I'm just concerned that they might be doing this to stick it to Flair. He can't make an appearance but everybody else can maybe a reason.

Hope not. Hope he can make it. Didn't James Mitchell make a one off ONS appearance will under contract with TNA? I know its not the same thing, I always wanted to know.

If Ric wasn't already in the HOF I'm sure they would have waited but since he is already there why not induct the Horsemen. Probably isn't being done to stick it to Flair and its a good way to get Windham, Tully, Arn and JJ in there. It makes me wonder why they didn't put them in last year since WM was in Atlanta though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back