TNA Releases Anthony Nese

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticl...n=Feed:+pwinsider+(PWInsider+Latest+Articles)

TNA X-Division star Anthony Nese has been released by the company effective today.

Nese, who's been one of the best talents in the Northeast for some time, was signed in December 2011 during the time period where the company began beefing up their X-Division with new names.

The release came when Nese was booked to headline the Pro Wrestling Syndicate iPPV in Rahway, NJ on 6/1, teaming with Sami Callihan against The Great Muta and Kai.

Nese, who TNA had not used in months, contacted TNA to let them know he wanted to have the chance to work with Muta and asked for permission to do the iPPV. During the conversation, TNA told Nese he contractually could not work the iPPV.

Nese was then offered his release, which he accepted.

--

Honestly, I don't see much of a loss here. While Nese could work an adequate wrestling match, he had no real wrestling persona to write home about and neither he nor TNA gave the fans a real reason to care about/for him.

Thoughts?

Im personally kind of bummed out about this... Of all the new x division guys signed (barring A Double) he was probably my favorite. Granted he had the personality of a used condom, but damn can that dude wrestle. pretty much every match he had he busted out some crazy looking move. plus for an x division guy he was built like a tank. I personally wish they would have given him more ring time and i hope he ends up in TNA again at some point down the road.

Not a big loss, yet its another hit to the already depleted X division. Nese put on decent matches against Zema Ion, but that's all I've seen him in. He just seemed like your average run of the mill worker at best.

TNA's fault.

He is used well in Evolve, is entertaining on the microphone during pre-match promos, can work a better than average wrestling match when given the chance, something TNA did very little of. Plus this is a loss for the X-Division as a whole, now not only do we rarely get to see anymore than two or three of the talents from the division being used in a good light but with Nesse gone, Sorensen injured you're left with Kash, Ion, Aries and MCMG. Belt might be on a great Champion but he doesn't have threat to the belt within a dozen miles.

Nese was a guy in trunks that wrestled in the X Division and that's it. He had nothing setting him apart at all and there was no reason to care about him at all. I barely remember what he looks like at all. The same was true of Sorensen, as neither had any character at all. If they don't give me a reason to care about the guys, I'm not going to care abotu them. No loss here.

honestly im surprised he lasted this long in tna he was really pretty pointless no loss here really hes 1 of those guys who shouldnt have been signed in the first place...makes me wonder why TNA hasnt gone hard after low ki and jack evans they were impressive atleast.

^for what it's worth Jack Evans was/is contracted to AAA, if he wasn't I think TNA would have signed him no doubt.

Well I made that thread about Nese and now he's gone dayum lol well like bigandpissed said I thought he was a good wrestler and was pretty big for x division standards. But I never saw any mic work, shame we didn't see more of him. Ah well. No big deal.

For some reason, I read "Anthony Nese" as "Alex Silva", recipient of the first contract via Gut Check. The latter would've been quite comical, though it also would've dealt a pretty harsh blow to the whole Gut Check concept...

Not like Silva getting a contract for his lackluster in-ring performance and "for you dad" second-chance promo hadn't already. I know... different guy, different thread. Back on topic...

Unfortunately, I don't have too much to say about Anthony Nese. I'm pretty much a week-to-week watcher of iMPACT and I can honestly say that I can't remember the guy. Not in the "anything notable" kind of way... I honestly don't remember him at all. I remember stuff like the super short stint Val Venis had. I even remember Rosie Lottaloves "one and done." But this guy? Nope, I got nothing.

So with that said, I can't imagine he'll be sorely missed either by TNA or its fanbase in general.

Im personally kind of bummed out about this... Of all the new x division guys signed (barring A Double) he was probably my favorite. Granted he had the personality of a used condom, but damn can that dude wrestle. pretty much every match he had he busted out some crazy looking move. plus for an x division guy he was built like a tank. I personally wish they would have given him more ring time and i hope he ends up in TNA again at some point down the road.

People need airtime to develop a personna with the fans. But agree on pretty much all fronts. I marked the F out when I saw him pull of a sick Shining Wizard in a match.

Can't say that it's any sort of loss for TNA. From what I saw of Nese in TNA, he was just another generic nice looking guy with a good build and a tan. Oh, and he could pull off some high spots in X Division matches.

Nese was a body for the X Division with no actual character to speak of from what I could see.

Of course you're going to get the Austin Aries fanboys here who say Neese no personality. Just tell me this, how the heck is anyone in the X division suppose to show personality when they never get anytime to show it?

I personally going to miss him; IMO he was one of the best performers in the ring (yes, he's a spot monkey, but he also power moves with his arsenal), and he pretty much had that even look WWE usually go for.

Honestly I can't blame Tony Nese for leaving they rarely used him. From what I've seen of him I think he is better than Alex Silva. I also feel they could have done a lot more with him and built him up as a star for the X Division.

Honestly, I don't see much of a loss here. While Nese could work an adequate wrestling match, he had no real wrestling persona to write home about and neither he nor TNA gave the fans a real reason to care about/for him.

Well that's a rather presumptuous attitude considering the kid got maybe, what, a grand total of forty seconds of mic time during his run in the company? If even that? Did he even get any mic time? I'm not even sure. Hard to show much when you're booked in a few 5-10 minutes matches over a 6 month span and are never given any mic time.

Anyways, lame news, I really like Nese and have been following his work from the indies for awhile. So glad we're cutting talented young X-Division guys like this so we can make room for such luminaries and clear future stars like Garrett Bischoff and Brooke Hogan.

He had the personality of one of those dummies you see falling off 60 foot ledges through 9 tables in Endorphin videos, I didn't even know if he was still with the company or not!

It's really not what the X Division needed right now though.

No real loss here, he had an average look, and was ok in the ring. I don't think he could have added anything to the x division that they don't already have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back