• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Region, Round 2 Awesome Kong vs Princesa Sugey (Ladder Flag Match)

TNA 2 match 2

• Awesome Kong

• Princesa Sugey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
Awesome Kong vs Princesa Sugey

Ladder Flag Match

Match Objective: There will be a Flag placed above the ring, the only way to reach the flag is via ladder, the first competitor to climb a ladder and retrieve the flag will be the winner

This match will take place in Los Angeles, California

1.) Not a popularity contest, tournament based on in ring skills

2.) Will rules of a region come into play (All matches in this region will be in a six sided ring)

3.) Will the crowd be a factor

one of the rare matches were you'd initially laugh Kong out of the picture and say she doesn't stand a chance against a 120lb lucha wrestler. sugey's going to be quicker up the ladder so if she sugey can get the ladder positioned quickly enough she could easily take it (Are flag matches easier to obtain than a belt for example - genuine question).
however, if the match goes on longer, you have to question whether kong can incapacitate her smaller opponent long enough to climb the ladder. and let's not forget...Kong's no slouch at going up high. she regularly climbs the turnbuckles so she's NOT completely out of her element here. Tough one though
I shall withold my decision for a while i think as i've no time to watch sugey right now

she regularly climbs the turnbuckles so she's NOT completely out of her element here. Tough one though
I shall withold my decision for a while i think as i've no time to watch sugey right now

So according to your logic, everyone that can climb a turnbuckle would be "in their element" in a ladder match. So guys like Kane and Big Show would be "in their element" if they competed in a ladder match because they are known to do moves from the top turnbuckle, right?

Its ridiculous really, Kong is overweight and sluggish and certainly wouldn't be quicker up the ladder than Sugey. The only way I could see Kong winning this match would be if she KO's Sugey which would enable her to climb the ladder to reach the flag. But that's easier said than done, Kong first would have to catch Sugey to do any damage to her. Plus Sugey knows her way around a hardcore setting. Shes fought women like Lufisto in hardcore settings before (and won) so she knows what she's doing. Sugey could just as easily KO Kong with a weapon on the outside as Kong could KO Sugey with her power.

Quickness and Speed usually triumph over brute force in matches such as the ladder match, except for the rare case where the smaller quicker opponent makes a mistake, and in this match I can see Sugey playing it smart, probably taking kong out with a weapon before she climbs a ladder to retrieve the flag

If you're gonna base the fact that she will beat kong because of the size difference, I would point you to Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy. An older, heavier and slower man against an agile, fast and hardcore minded younger athlete in his speciality match. It's not impossible for Kong to win. the stipulation is a disadvantage, but it's not insurmountable

If you're gonna base the fact that she will beat kong because of the size difference, I would point you to Undertaker vs Jeff Hardy. An older, heavier and slower man against an agile, fast and hardcore minded younger athlete in his speciality match. It's not impossible for Kong to win. the stipulation is a disadvantage, but it's not insurmountable

The Taker/ Hardy ladder match was one of the very few ladder matches where brute force trumped speed and agility, plus that match was for the WWE Championship, the WWE wasn't going to give Jeff the title, so the had him make mistakes during the match that would allow the undertaker to take he advantage

Where did I every say that it was impossible for Kong to win the match? I said it would be damn hard for Kong to win, and the only way I would see Kong winning is if she KO' ed Sugey before she climbs the ladder. I said that Kong KO' ing Sugey would be easier said than done considering that Sugey has the speed advantage and that due to her history in hardcore matches, Sugey could could just as easily KO kong with a weapon

IMO the disadvantage for kong in this match would be to much for her to handle, which is why I think Sugey would take it

I voted for Sugey. Kong's power can indeed knock out Sugey, but she would have to catch her first to do so. It is going to be a game of Cat & Mouse where Kong's fatique will slowly start to grow while trying to keep up with Sugey. As soon as Kong falls out of the ring or gets hit with a powerful enough weapon, Sugey can quickly climb the ladder and grab the Flag for the victory. Sugey wins in 15 minutes.

I'd book it as a wrestling match/brawl that happened to involve some climbing... not a climbing contest. Kong may still not have reached her prime... but even now she's better than Sugey at her best. And Kong is definitely not sluggish. There are crazy ways to work around perceived disadvantages... like Kong coming to the ring with her own industrial strength ladder. And an Amazing Press on Sugey on top of the ladder would give Kong plenty of time to make her way up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back