TNA Region, Brasilia Subregion, Second Round: (2) Sting vs. (15) Giant Baba

Discussion in 'TNA Region' started by klunderbunker, Apr 10, 2014.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. Sting

2. Giant Baba

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a second round match in the TNA Region, Brasilia Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Brazil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2. Sting

Vs.

[​IMG]

#15. Giant Baba

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume that all wrestlers are at full strength after their first round matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

Out of curiosity I looked up whether or not these two actually did face off before since I know Antonio Inoki has defeated Sting before. But they never did. Giant Baba was certainly no pushover, and remains one of the greatest icons in puroresu much like Sting does in the United States. The main thing that sets them apart is that Baba would do the job for big stars. Sammartino has beaten Baba. Shiek has beaten Baba. Andre has beaten Baba. Baba beat them all too, but not to the extent that Inoki did.

Objectively Sting was probably second maybe to Hogan and Austin during his WCW prime and likely on par with Rock. Baba was second to Inoki and Dozan and was later eclipsed by Misawa, Jumbo Tsutura, and probably Shinya Hashimoto. Sting was a big 4 name. Allot of fans in the pro wrestling were placing Sting at the top of their "best wrester in the world or top 3" at the time, and rightfully so. Baba probably wouldn't have made the top or maybe top 3 of most fans list because their were so many other standout stars that were just as good.

Sting should probably win. If not just because of the fact that he was a bigger, more relevant star. Not by miles and miles, but enough to make a distinction.

3. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Damn am I really the only one to vote for Baba so far? I know we all love the Stinger, but his resume absolutely pales in comparison to Baba's. Baba holds (clean) pinfalls over the likes of Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Bruno Sammartino, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, I could literally sit here just listing off one legendary Hall of Famer after another people, that's not even scratching the surface. The man was as popular as Hogan was at the height of Hulkamania in Japan, one of the most legendary bookers ever, and was basically unbeatable during his prime.

Now, Sting is amazing. We all know that. He was the bright shining star of WCW for years and has had some very memorable feuds, matches, and big wins. But his resume simply does not compare to Baba's, at all. To put it in a more American perspective, imagine this were Sting vs. Hogan, Sammartino, or Austin. As legendary of a career as Sting has had, he's simply not on that same top-of-the-mountain level as guys like those previously mentioned. I'd say he was a better worker than Baba though. Once Baba's knees started breaking down it became downright painful watching him wrestle, especially since he insisted on working programs with young legends in the making like Misawa and Kobashi towards the end.

I understand the Stinger love, but Baba's the right call. Name a legend of pro wrestling, and Baba has beaten him clean.

Dowdsy McDowds likes this.
  4. HBsam31

HBsam31 Totally Reeking of Awesomeness

Surprised to see such a blowout here. Both had wins against the top guys of the business. Seems to me these two have much in common. Truthfully I voted Sting because I am not ready to see him out of the tournament yet. When it is a blowout like this I don't feel so bad about voting for who i prefer.

5. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

I think Sting is a fantastic wrestler. As is Baba, but Baba is far more of a big deal in Japan than Sting is in the USA. This match is in totally neutral territory and by that virtue alone, Baba should win.

6. The Brain

The Brain King Of The Ring

I'm taking Sting here. I think he matches up well against Baba. Sting always did good against big guys. He's got the strength of defeat Baba and he's definitely got the speed advantage. No disrespect to Baba but I remember him being a bit clumsy and I think Sting has the athleticism to take him down.

7. Bythedockofthebay

Bythedockofthebay Getting Noticed By Management

agreed sting is amazing and should have this down pat. He'd take down baba any way you look at it.

Winner-Sting with a Deathdrop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.