• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA re-hire James Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstaken

Dark Match Winner
I decided to start this thread regarding TNA taking James Mitchell off the active roster and releasing him from his contract. It was noted on the web that the creative department could not come up with anything for his character in the current or near future storyline. Since Mitchell is one of the best managers and cuts the best promos in the business, I am sure that the people in the Wrestlezone forums could help with getting James Mitchell signed and on the show again. Do you think that James Mitchell has been off the television long enough that the creative depratment could re-package his character as something other than the Sinister Minister type of evil manager of beasts and monsters? Would you want to see his character changed from the way that he was promoted in the past? Last but not least, if you were part of the creative team within TNA, what would you do with James Mitchell's character to put him back on the active roster and back on the television? If you couldn't put him back with Abyss to manage, who would you put James Mitchell with to manage from the current roster? Some of my suggestions include:

1. I have posted other threads mentioning that James Mitchell would be an excellent choice for a third announcer or a heel announcer at the announcer's desk.

1a. Replace the current announcers with James Mitchell, Kevin Nash and Disco Inferno. Would James Mitchell be a heel if he told Glenn Gilberti to shut the hell up? :) Sorry to the Disco Nation members... only having fun at your expense. The idea is genuine.

2. He could be added to the creative department. I am sure that he could come up with some good ideas for the characters and storylines within TNA. I am sure that he could come up with some interesting angles for the current roster.

3. He could be added to an angle with Abyss. Sign a new wrestler to torment Abyss since Mitchell does not want his "son" pussy-fied and acting like the wuss that he is currently portrayed as. He has invested too much time in his son and his wrestling career to let him just fade away and not be tough and rough. He could work to destroy his re-hab efforts and bring him back to a more extreme character. A new wrestler signed could be his hired hand. The new Abyss and storyline totally sucks ass. I don't think that Scott Steiner and Abyss feuds sound interesting or worth watching. Abyss has a decent sized fan base so, keeping him off the television and out of the pay per views waiting for Steiner's return or just using Abyss as an attraction is not a smart move or beneficial.

4. He could work as a back stage interviewer.

5. He could write blogs for the official website promoting the shows, merchandise or Pay-per-views. Maybe do a kayfabe Q & A section where fans ask questions and he gives them kayfabe answers about TNA things.

6. He could have an exclusive web based show that new episodes are aired weekly on the TNA website promoting storylines, wrestlers, merchandise or upcoming pay-per-views.

7. Re-sign Judas Mesias. That would definitely make me attend shows again and watch again! However, I doubt that will happen since AAA is giving him a great push and main eventing him. Plus their current agreement with CMLL might stop that from happening. I loved James Mitchell's character with Mesias. They looked great together.

8. Make him an announcer from the stands. Something different. He could interview and make commentary from the stands amongst the fans. Get their input. Since the show is editted, it would not be hard to edit out the haters and dorks that don't answer the way that you want.

9. Rock and Rave could sell their souls to the "devil" for a record deal or to become winners. The devil gimmick goes with rock and roll - ask Ozzy Osbourne.

10. Have him as a scam artist scamming the jobbers and low mid-carders that he could make them winners. Think infomercial con artists meets the televangelist on that character. He comes to ringside and makes winners with his "winning program" while telling fans and other wrestlers what losers they are for not using his winning program. Eventually someone like Angle could get in a slump and need the winning program.

11. Have him as a pitch person pitching (without a pitchfork) the deal of the week. Give the code for the website shop that only he has during his segment to get the deal of the week. See how much crap he could sell from his segment. A used car salesman meets the snake-oil salesman. Think Billy Mays here..."James Mitchell here with your deal of the week" etc....

12. If you have good comic book characters like the Prince Brotherhood Justice, don't you need evil comic book characters for them to feud with? All super heroes have evil villians to battle. All evil villains have a leader - like Doctor Evil! He had his henchmen doing his dirty work. Could we get a shark with a frickin' laser beam for James Mitchell too? :)

I am sure that there are things that I could not think of off the top of my head while typing this thread. I can't wait to see what ideas are posted anomgst the "creative" forum members. If I can come up with ideas for James Mitchell's character that quickly, how come TNA's creative department can't do the same? I think releasing James Mitchell from his TNA contract was wrong.

I think a lot of people see TNA for the bullshit company it is. They never utilize any of the talent they have. Releasing Mitchell was one of the dumbest moves they have done (and lets face it they have done a lot). I too would have liked to have seen Mitchell and Mesias back in TNA I mean Abyss can't be the only person they could have them feud with.

Even with the deal they have with CMLL right now, they could pair him up with some of the luchadores as a way to "add real talent" to TNA's roster or something. I know the invasion angle has been done to death but they could figure out something. I really like the idea of having him be either a commentator or give him his own talk segmant. That would be awesome, he would be far better then Tenay or West (if they are still commentators I am not sure I haven't watched TNA since Mesias's last match with Rhyno)

He is really one of the only old school managers left. All there is now are divas and valets there are no real managers. They came up with that stupid prince justice league but they can't find anythig for Mitchell? Are you freaking kidding me?

mstaken...your number twelve is inspired. it is the only way i'd be interested in mitchell, and it might get me to like the prince justice brotherhood.

i've never liked mitchell, not only because he stole my gimmick. but this idea....he'd be perfect.

I think it would be alright to bring Mitchell back but only if done properly. I think he is at his best when he is managing Abyss, so I think he should go back with him. Mitchell is a scary guy and a great talker and a perfect "monster" or "dark" heel mouth peice. I think WWE should pick him up and he could become the mouth peice for some new dark character(maybe a returning Mordecai). I just think he is a perfect manager for a monster heel and TNA should try to use him to his best ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back