• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA ratings in - Not good

Mr. Artistic guy

Better Off This Way
Yep just found out that TNA drew a 0......85 ratings which is astoundingly bad given that they have been delivering solid 1.1's and 1.2's for a good while until now and indeed 1.2 is their average rating. I had to go back to 02/15/07 to find a rating as bad or worse on that occassion scoring a dismal 0.6, but since then they have, according to history data, not had less than a 0.9 for an actual impact show.

So what do you think is attributing to this?
Is it time to question whether hogan and bischoff were change for the good?
How can TNA buck the trend?

This not as bad as it seems there is no trend here the Show had almost the same amount of viewers as last weeks show but the rating went down because it was a holiday thats not an excuse its the truth. Any other day this would have been a 1.0 Rating Viewers last week 1,377,000. This week 1,262,000. I think its only a problem or concerning if this weeks show doesn't go back to the normal 1.1 1.2 rating they usually get and I expect this weeks show to get that rating.

it was the lowest rated Thanksgiving episode in four years. A show that constantly revolves around Hogan,Bischoff,Flair,Hardy, Jarett just wont help this company grow at all!

That is thanksgiving day in the US. I am pretty sure this goes as a .9 so TNA did the same rating last year on thanksgiving. They will be back at the same thing they have been at next week like Joe says. Not surprising at all when you consider all this. Also, fyi they did a .6 this year when Michaels retired while they were head to head.

It was Thanksgiving day. The people that were even home, were home eating Thanksgiving dinner. I'm actually quite surprised they drew a 0.9. It's a pretty high rating considering TNA's average, with it landing on a major holiday.

Hey, I feel I've gotta be cut a tad bit of slack because I'm british and yeah, didn't really know about this trend. I guess in hindsight it isn't really thread worthy, sorry guys!

Yeah everyone pretty much said it here, it was Thanksgiving in America. The one thing not mentioned though is that for the first time (at least that I can recall), the NFL (National Football League) had a night game. In the past they usually had 2 games during the day, and it was over by 8. This year they had a 3rd game start at that time, so not only was it Thanksgiving, there was also a football game which always trumps wrestling.

I expected worse actually. TNA has a pretty loyal following, their number didn't drop by half like WWE's does. It's just a shame that more people didnt tune in that normally don't to see something different.

Yes, it certainly is time to question Hogan and Bischoff coming in because TNA sucks. Any show built around Hogan, Bischoff, Jarrett, and Hardy is a failure of a program.

In regards to the thread though, idiot, it was Thanksgiving. Of course the ratings will be low. The fact that anyone watched it is incredible to me.

Yep just found out that TNA drew a 0......85 ratings which is astoundingly bad given that they have been delivering solid 1.1's and 1.2's for a good while until now and indeed 1.2 is their average rating. I had to go back to 02/15/07 to find a rating as bad or worse on that occassion scoring a dismal 0.6, but since then they have, according to history data, not had less than a 0.9 for an actual impact show.

So what do you think is attributing to this??

In the United States, this was Thanksgiving. Being the evening, many people may have been traveling back home. It's the second biggest holiday of the year. It was also up against an NFL game, which Im sure dipped into it's rating as well.

Is it time to question whether hogan and bischoff were change for the good?

Yes, but I think that's for another thread honestly. This rating had everything to do with being on a holiday and nothing to do with Hogan and Bischoff.

How can TNA buck the trend?

A trend equals something has been going on for awhile. If the ratings have been consistently 1.1 or 1.2, then that's the trend. A one time .85 would be considered an anamoly, not a trend. If the rating would come in similarly next week, then there would be reason for concern. But this took place on a huge holiday. Its no reflection on the TNA product in and of itself.

Yeah everyone pretty much said it here, it was Thanksgiving in America. The one thing not mentioned though is that for the first time (at least that I can recall), the NFL (National Football League) had a night game. In the past they usually had 2 games during the day, and it was over by 8. This year they had a 3rd game start at that time, so not only was it Thanksgiving, there was also a football game which always trumps wrestling.

THIS. Usually impact runs after the 2 Thanksgiving football games are over and gets a decent rating out of it. This year they were going up against a Jets/Bengals game that pulled in a 6.0 something. They still did similar to years past. Not worried at all. I watch every week and I didn't watch because I was at a bar at the time.

It wasn't a great show by any means, but it was a holiday. They have had better ratings in the past, but they achieved the same rating last year too. Even Smackdown had the lowest rating in its short history on Sci Fi. I wouldn't look much into this unless next week tells different. Good or bad, I'm pretty sure we will see around a 1.0 -1.1.

I guess I'm in the minority, but give me Hogan and Bischoff every single week over The Miz.
They are both more entertaining than the WWE champion is. You have the great draw of all time on one show and a a Crash Holly look a like wearing the strap on the other. It's an easy choice for me.

I guess I'm in the minority, but give me Hogan and Bischoff every single week over The Miz.
They are both more entertaining than the WWE champion is. You have the great draw of all time on one show and a a Crash Holly look a like wearing the strap on the other. Come time for a match I will take the TNA champ over the WWE champ everyday of the week. It's an easy choice for me.

football games on thankgiving just don't interest me, plus I need my weekly dose of a wrestling show (only watched 20min of raw) so yea...like everyone said, it was a holiday, a drop in ratings should have been expected

i believe this is the third year that the nfl has had football on thanksgiving night.

Its just the holidays. Smackdown's rating was unbelievably bad too. And as always, no one watched Superstars. lol

Well, a 1.5 isn't exactly something to crow about but 2.4 million viewers isn't unbelievably bad either.

But yeah, it's already been said, there's nothing to worry about here unless TNA begins drawing below a 1.0 on a regular basis again. Some people just felt like doing other things on Thanksgiving than sitting down and watching iMPACT!. Superstars did about a 0.5 with a little over 500,000 viewers, a little below average for what it does but nothing really negligible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back