TNA PPVs no longer shown on UK TV

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
Thanks to Phill for sending this in: From now on, TNA will not be showing ppvs on UK TV. Before, we used to get the ppv's for free on Bravo 2 on the Wednesday after the live broadcast, but they have now stopped this. TNA set up a website where you can watch it online for £10.50. Unfortunately, if you go to the website - www.tnappv.com - there is nothing there! So, TNA has made PPVs available on BTVision. However, there are two problems with this. Very few people in the UK have BTVision (it has less than 500,000 subscribers) and it isn't shown live, it's shown 11 hours after it has finished. If you're going to watch a ppv live on the internet, most people wont pay for it as it's easy to find a stream - also, if they are showing it 11 hours after it has finished then most people will just download it for free and watch it on their tv!

This has managed to annoy me beyond belief and is the most bizarre thing to do ten days before the start of the UK begins. The UK is their biggest overseas market so while I can understand the desire to make more money, the fact that they have placed it on BT Vision shows an incredible lack of vision on someones part.

They will now reach a tiny percentage of their audience, which at this crucial time for the company, will have a massive effect over here in the future.

I'm not looking to pass the blame onto Hogan or Bischoff, but someone has screwed up; I'm certain of it.

NSL has said he would not watch Genesis because of the lack of build. I agree but I would have watched it for free because I had the chance to do so and I am pretty sure most TNA fans would agree.

Stupid move by TNA, now the only way for the majority of UK fans to watch the event, is to either illegally download it, or watch an illegal stream.

I've got no idea why they'd take the PPV's off Bravo 2...

That was me that sent that in cos I didn't see it reported anywhere yet it's pretty big news. I also think there is more to it as I believe TNA's contract with Bravo is due to finish soon and it looks like they may not renew it. If they don't, it could possibly mean the end of all TNA programming in the UK.

Oh, and if you email tna to ask them what is going on they send you this email back:

"We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will still remain a loyal fan to TNA Wrestling's programming as you the fans are the most important part. TNA Wrestling’s January 17th pay-per-view “Genesis” will be available in the UK starting at 3 PM Monday, January 18 on BT Vision.

The program will be available to all BT Vision customers. BT Vision is BT’s broadband IPTV service. Check back to TNAwrestling.com next week for more news regarding TNA programming in the UK in 2010. http://www.bt.com/vision "

Everyone who has emailed has got the same "copy and paste" reply so obviously the fans aren't "the most important part". Also, it's that last bit that is worrying for us uk viewers - "Check back to TNAwrestling.com next week for more news regarding TNA programming in the UK in 2010" - not news about ppvs but news about programming. This implies something is happening to impact too.

WWE doesn't have a monopoly though. It is just on Sky with no extra stipulations to the contract.

Years ago the WWF commited suicide over here by moving their normal inconsistent slot to a very late night hourly slot on ITV (2am) and they disappeared for a few years until BSkyB made a bid for them whilst they were still a small company.

Sky seem to be the only ones to really commit to the WWE and give it (somewhat) regular time slots. That being said, still don't like that it's on Sky Sports.

TNA have made a big mistake here and I don't believe there are many that would disagree. Their viewership over here isn't nearly as big or loyal to warrant this kind of move.

The product isn't good enough to justify paying for a PPV, let alone a completely new service, which we don't even know has any longevity. Which is a shame because I was looking forward to seeing the PPV itself now that TNA has managed to hook and retain my interest for the past 8 months.

I'm willing to guess that the majority of TNA's viewership is made up of people lie myself. Casual viewers, viewers which they will not retain when it comes to PPV's, which in my opinion seems counterproductive.

I didn't want this to get moved to the spam zone so thanks to the chumps who have helped there.

This is a shocking move on TNA's part. I only hope it's short term until they see the error of their ways because the viewership will go down. If they do this for impact then they really are sticking up two fingers at their fans.

I was severely pissed off with this. I agree with everything you've said. I would've watched Genesis for free anyway. ANd then there's where they're moving it too. Most people use sky and Virgin, so wy put it on BT Vision. And then have the website with nothing on it. I wouldn't watch it on the computer anyway, I don't like watching TV or Movies on my computer.

Terrible, terrible decision by TNA. This just might drive away some viewers. A lot possibly.

This actually pissed me off, I used to enjoy watching them on Bravo even though they we're a couple of days after it. What has pissed me off the most is that they didn't even let us know properly, if I didn't read this poster posting that I never would of known. I understand that TNA want to make abit more money but putting it on BT Vision is a terrible decision. Little people use it and alot of them I really will watch it. If they kept it on Bravo they would get alot more viewers. Grrr this has annoyed me. I guess I will just keep watching them on my laptop even though it sucks.

In conclusion very shit decision, they will lost alot of viewers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back