TNA Orlando, Round 3, Match 2: #8 Rob Van Dam vs. #9 Scott Hall

Rob Van Dam vs. Scott hall

• RVD

• Razor Ramon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region, inside of the six sided ring, from Orlando, Fl.

#8. Mr. Monday Night Rob Van Dam
RobVanDam2.jpg

vs.

#9. Scott Hall
razor_ramon.jpg

Scott Hall has more experience than Rob Van Dam, both in T.N.A and in Wrestling in general. The size and power advantage will always shift in Hall's favor, but R.V.D has the speed and agility to make that power advantage work against Hall more than in his favor. R.V.D made a career (in E.C.W) defeating guys twice his size. Granted weapons, namely chairs, were a large part of why as well.

Hall isn't massively over-powering and R.V.D is stronger than people want to give him credit for. They see a guy who's quick, and can hit practically any type of move a cruiserweight can, so they assume he's weak and can't power wrestle. Oh, but he can. Oh, but he will.

R.V.D doesn't need weapons to defeat Scott Hall, in my opinion. His kicks can level Hall, and if you want to go one step further, Hall's biggest problem is being overly cocky against smaller opponents. (Shawn Michaels, Sean Waltman) I can easily see Hall getting cocky in this match, until R.V.D catches Hall with a kick that drops him long enough to hit a 5 Star Frog Splash for the victory.

Van Dam should advance with ease in this round.

Will's post pretty much sums it all up. RVD should advance, no matter how you look at it.

Scott Hall's prime was definitely as Razor Ramon, and just look at the problems he had with the 123 Kid. I loved the Kid back then, but RVD's a different kind of animal then the Kid could ever dream of being, and he would absolutely destroy Razor.

And plus, RVD's just the better worker, in my opinion. He's had the more successful career, and he has the much better match resume. There's no reason, in my estimation, why anyone should vote for Hall in this match-up. It just wouldn't make any sense.

Scott Hall is a great athlete. He's got some power, and he can throw a punch like hell, but RVD's simply going to confuse the hell out of Hall.

This is a match where RVD can kick, jump, and flip his way to victory, because all Razor Hall can do is catch him. And Hall's moves take some weakening to execute. The Razor's Outsider Diamond Cutter Edge is devastating, but RVD won't fall prey to it.

RVD in a hard fought battle with the 5 Star!

Aside from what seemed like one really long IC Title run, what has Hall ever accmplished? He was just kind of there for the ride with Hogan and Nash. He never was a big deal in wrestling, other than showing up on Nitro. Hall had talent, but he never did anything with it. Van Dam at least has a world title reign to his credit, as weel as more mid card titles. In the ring, Hall is the perfect target for Van Dam's offense. In this kind of ring against this kind of opponent, no way RVD loses here.

Im voting RVD here.

Rob is a quicker so that is an advantage for him. He also will be able to get Scott down, that shouldn't be so hard. And like Will mentioned Scott is overly cocky so that is going to help Van Dam.

Also RVD can take a beating, so if Hall wants to give him a beating then RVD will take it and make his comeback.

Another thing that I thought i should point out is, and im not trying to make fun of him for this but Hall still has his demons. So who knows if he will be able to compete. The same goes for Van Dam if he decides to get high before the match than he might not be able to compete like he normally can.

So my vote is on Van Dam.

Hall's prime was certainly during his days as Razor Ramon and he was a 4 time IC champ but he quickly went down hill after going to WCW. Yeah, he was involved in one of the biggest angles in the history of pro wrestling in general, but I can't give him the vote over RVD. RVD will take some bumps and bruises during the match, it's not going to be a one sided squash by any stretch. RVD has a lot of flashy offense, which is a big reason why he was always so fun to watch, though I think the only move he has in his arsenal that can keep Hall down for the count is the 5 Star Frog Splash. And, in this case, it's more than enough. RVD'll go over Hall around the 12, maybe 15 minute mark.

I know i'm the minority but i'll ride with razor. Think in his prime he was capable of beating any of the top faces or heels in the company as he always did in wwe in his run of early to mid 90's. And RVD was never even a top guy except ecw.

I think Hall wins this easily -

Here's why - Hall was way more over at his prime than RVD ever was. If Hall was responsible and didn't have a history of no-shows, he would still be in the WWE. RVD has a good reputation and isn't in the WWE - and only showed up for the Rumble.

Hall was one of the originators of one of the best stables in the history of wrestling.

When hall was Razor he was over big time. Can anyone say ladder match?

When I remember Hall, I remember HEEEEEEEEEyyyyy yo... when I remember RVD I just remember another run of the mill athletic wrestler in poorly costumed wrestling attire.

~SavageLegacy.... the real champion!

I think Hall wins this easily -

I think you're wrong and here's why-

Here's why - Hall was way more over at his prime than RVD ever was. If Hall was responsible and didn't have a history of no-shows, he would still be in the WWE. RVD has a good reputation and isn't in the WWE - and only showed up for the Rumble.

RVD pretty much makes special appearneces when he wants, it's his choice, the guy doesn't NEED to wrestle right now, he has more imporant things to do such as be at his wifes side as she battles cancer, Hall is so desperate for money and to still be apart of the business that he's working with Clowns in the indys, Hall is and always has been an overrated joke

Hall was one of the originators of one of the best stables in the history of wrestling.

Only because he was friends with Nash though, it had very little to do with his own accomplishments, Nash and Hogan are why nWo became as big as it was, and it would have been just as big had Hall never been apart

When hall was Razor he was over big time. Can anyone say ladder match?

Can anyone say carried by HBK?

When I remember Hall, I remember HEEEEEEEEEyyyyy yo...

When I remember Hall, I remember changing the channel cause the guy was awful

when I remember RVD I just remember another run of the mill athletic wrestler in poorly costumed wrestling attire.

When I remember RVD I remember watching some of the most exciting matches I have ever seen, I remember hearing a crowd pop loud as fuck, and I remember seeing a guy who actually shows up

RVD is far and away the better of these two, IMO it's not even close

I think you're wrong and here's why-

I think he's right and here's why.

RVD pretty much makes special appearneces when he wants, it's his choice, the guy doesn't NEED to wrestle right now, he has more imporant things to do such as be at his wifes side as she battles cancer, Hall is so desperate for money and to still be apart of the business that he's working with Clowns in the indys, Hall is and always has been an overrated joke

Has nothing to due with their primes. Hall at prime was beating the likes of hbk, nash, luger, sting, sid. RVD at his prime was beating sandman, rhino, not exactly same caliber talent.

Only because he was friends with Nash though, it had very little to do with his own accomplishments, Nash and Hogan are why nWo became as big as it was, and it would have been just as big had Hall never been apart

Actually think hall showing up on nitro and the batb ppv have people interested and hogan had nothing to do with that until end.

Can anyone say carried by HBK?

When I remember Hall, I remember changing the channel cause the guy was awful

Are you serious or just ric flair and bitter. Hall was the more established star and main eventer in both matches. HBK was coming into main event status.

When I remember RVD I remember watching some of the most exciting matches I have ever seen, I remember hearing a crowd pop loud as fuck, and I remember seeing a guy who actually shows up

RVD is far and away the better of these two, IMO it's not even close

rvd was good just not that good.

Both of these guys threw away the biggest oppurtunity of their careers. The difference being that RVD did it after he had won the world championship, and Hall did it long before he got the chance. I think Hall really did have everything to be a top guy in wrestling, except trustworthiness, which is essential in any environment.

I think the fact that RVD actually won the world title, and the fact that in a TNA ring he is probably more suited to the six sided ring and the crowd would probably be on his side. Ramon would have a good match here, but he would ultimately come up short I think.

This is difficult one. I, like many others, am I big fan of Scott Hall. He is very entertainng and did have some great matches. But they were very different matches to that of RVD. With both in their prime, I think it would have been a very interesting contest, but I think the win should go to Scott Hall.

Hall has had his problems, we all know about those, but this isn't about that. This is about Scott Hall in his prime. Hall was always very crafty and sneaky, and I think he would force a slower pace onto RVD. I am still a massive RVD fan, but Hall would find a way to carve....him.....up!

Another thing that I thought i should point out is, and im not trying to make fun of him for this but Hall still has his demons. So who knows if he will be able to compete. The same goes for Van Dam if he decides to get high before the match than he might not be able to compete like he normally can.

Hmm, if we are going down this route then I'll always pick the drunkard over a pothead in a fight. Especially if they are currently drunk and high.

Anyway I am on the fence here, on the one hand you have the mid-carder who won the big one, on the other hand you have the king of mid-carders who'd rather earn a million. Fair play I say.

I'll have to think about this one.

Considering that this is supposed to be when the guys were in their prime, it should actually be a close match. It wouldn't be Scott Hall, it would be "Razor Ramon", from around WM X. Remember, he did beat HBK and Diesel numerous times, and both were being booked very strongly. But, he would be facing the ECW TV Champ RVD, who never really lost to anybody. Sure, Ramon won a number of Intercontinental Titles, and had a very strong run in WWF, but RVD was ECW (sorry to Taz, Tommy Dreamer, etc). He dominated everybody, and as I previously mentioned, really didn't lose to anybody. RVD wins in a close one.

Van Dam easily. Van Dam might have screwed up at the height of his potential, but at least he reached it. Not to mention, RVD flying around the six-sided ring would be a sight to behold. Hall goes down easily.

Maybe this is because I just got done with what seemed like a Van Dam highlight reel, but I'm voting for RVD. He's so fast, and athletic, that his strength gets overlooked. He's not going to out-muscle Hall, but it's not like he's going to get pounded to the mat. He can end this with any number of moves, and leave Hall wishing Nash was booking the match.

My vote goes to "The Whole F'n Tourney" Rob Van Dam.

As I've said, RVD in the TNA Region is going to be damn near unbeatable. He's been in this region the last two years, and has made it to at least the 4th round every year, getting to the final 8 last year. This guy in a six sided rign is simply too much for anyone to handle. Scott Hall was decent, iw ouldn't call him good, but decent. He's totally otu matched here by Rob Van Dam.

I voted Razor in the end, why? Because I am not totally convinced by either guy being able to beat the other at their peaks but I didnt think Razor should be losing by so many votes.

Fact is Hall spent most of his career far above where Van Dam spent most of his, Van Dam may have won the title but he still wasnt being booked above the top-teir guys, certainly not cleanly. Hall on the other hand as pointed out by ZUES was beating HBK and Deisel.

This would be one of those quintessential midcard feuds, if you really think about it. RVD and Hall aren't good enough to be legit world champions, even though RVD is technically a former one. They just don't have it cut out. But as for midcarders, they're great. Its sort of like the Ramon/Goldust feud. Perfect for the IC title, nowhere near good enough for the WWE title.

So everyone's already pointed out that Hall has the lead in strength but RVD has the speed. Nothing surprising there. RVD also has a level of unpredictability which puts him over in this match, in my opinion. Hall was never one of those wrestlers that would come out and out of the blue, you'd see him do something you totally didn't expect. He was more methodological. RVD might not have the ladders and such to use in this match, but he has the ability to do something on the spur of the moment that doesn't seem to mesh well with the pace of the match. That would throw Hall off and leave him at a loss of what to do.

Despite how I like RR better than RVD, I'd have to vote Van Dam here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back