TNA DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Over the last month or so, I've ordered a hell of a lot of DVDs from ShopTNA.com. I plan on reviewing them (eventualy), and want to know what your favorite is. Is it a past pay-per-view? Is it one covering the TNA career of a wrestler? How about the compilations?

My favorite so far is the Ultimate Matches DVD. It truly is full of the ultimate matches in TNA history at the point it was released, and covers each of the major gimmick matches that TNA uses. The matches that are on there I had only seen once or twice, so it was nice to see they're all in one place for me now.

I only have two. The Best of Christian Cage and The Best of Jeff Hardy, and their both alright but missing some key stuff (more matches for Christians, eight is not enough) and a documentary for Jeff's.

I've always been a fan of the "star" documentary style that the WWE popularized. The type of DVD's that interview both the showcased wrestler(s) as well as his/their family, friends, and colleagues.

I recently got a hold of the Kurt Angle: Champion DVD and it was nearly 3-hours long, and incredible from beginning to end. It told the story of his life, and showcased his best-of-three matches with Samoa Joe, including showing all three in their entirety as the DVD went on. Just very well done.

I'm not particularly against the match collection style DVD's, but I tend to get a little bored with them at times, if they aren't gimmick DVD's (like Bloodiest Brawls), because I may not remember the story line leading up to the match itself, which IMO takes a lot away from the experience of it.

I’ve got 12 TNA DVDs that I purchased from ShopTNA.com during Don West's Labor Day Sale

Ultimate_Matches_hicopy.jpg

cover.30.jpg

cover.25.jpg

cover.26.jpg

Tagvol1.jpg

img027copy.jpg

cover.27.jpg

Bloodiest_lrge.jpg

kafront.jpg

I really enjoyed the Ultimate Matches DVD for the compilation of gimmick matches and the Kurt Angle DVD for the documentary. I also bought Victory Road, Hard Justice, and No Surrender from 2007. I loved the Main Events at these Pay Per Views and enjoyed watching Kurt and Joe during this time and the Unification of every TNA Title plus the IWGP Title.

I've always been a fan of the "star" documentary style that the WWE popularized. The type of DVD's that interview both the showcased wrestler(s) as well as his/their family, friends, and colleagues.

We're on the same page here. the match collections are nice, but they're literally nothing we haven't already seen. The documentary ones help you get into that guy a little more, and see "behind the scenes" stuff for the big matches.

I recently got a hold of the Kurt Angle: Champion DVD and it was nearly 3-hours long, and incredible from beginning to end. It told the story of his life, and showcased his best-of-three matches with Samoa Joe, including showing all three in their entirety as the DVD went on. Just very well done.

I loved this CD. TNA did a really nice job of mixing in the right amounts of comentary between the matches, and they showed all the backstory that happened on Impact for each match. They left nothing out, and covered a lot of touchy subjects (i.e. WWE).

I'm not particularly against the match collection style DVD's, but I tend to get a little bored with them at times, if they aren't gimmick DVD's (like Bloodiest Brawls), because I may not remember the story line leading up to the match itself, which IMO takes a lot away from the experience of it.

I like the collections though :( I agree that a DVD of nothing but match after match after match can get dull quickly, but for ones like Ultimate Matches, they break it up in the middle with the wrestlers talking about each gimmick match, and the mindset you need to go into it. For the matches, they also give a bit of backstory for each one, jjust like you would get at the actual PPV.

I loved this CD. TNA did a really nice job of mixing in the right amounts of comentary between the matches, and they showed all the backstory that happened on Impact for each match. They left nothing out, and covered a lot of touchy subjects (i.e. WWE).

I was really glad they actually covered that. Shame about copyright laws. I'd have loved to have seen some of the actual footage from him in the WWE as well to really encompass the entire thing. I think that's why I really enjoy the WWE DVD's on guys who were also in WCW so much.

I like the collections though :( I agree that a DVD of nothing but match after match after match can get dull quickly, but for ones like Ultimate Matches, they break it up in the middle with the wrestlers talking about each gimmick match, and the mindset you need to go into it. For the matches, they also give a bit of backstory for each one, jjust like you would get at the actual PPV.

Same here. I haven't actually checked out the Ultimate Matches DVD yet. I like the ones where they have the guys talk about it in between, or even during the match. I just don't care much for specific collections of only matches. I get really bored, really quickly with those.

Past pay per view? Well then you have to check out Bound for Glory 2006. The greatest ppv I have ever seen. But of the DVDs, you can't go wrong with these 3.

The Best of the tag teams: LAX, Staniels, AMW and much more are some of the greatest tag teams ever, and their matches speak for that. I'm not exactly sure what matches are on the DVDs, but I'd assume LAX vs Staniels at BFG and No Surrender 06 are on it, aswell as Staniels vs AMW at Slammiversary 2006 will be on it. And if so, then you have to watch this DVD. TNA's tag matches have always been great, and I'd assume the DVD is then too.

The Best of the X division: So many great X division matches and wrestlers. You could say Unbreakable would make this DVD worthwile single handedly, but with more matches, from earlier TNA, it's great.

Unstoppable: The Samoa Joe DVD: I think that's what it's called. I'm paraphrasing a little. I've always been a mark for Samoa Joe, and if you think of TNA's greatest matches, Samoa Joe is involved in many of them. Only AJ styles is involved in more.

I just ordered like 10 TNA DVDs, waiting for them to get here. Wait, lemme go check the mailbox.. Fuck yeah!! Ok so, sorry if I went off topic for a second. I just checked the mail, I got "TNA Anthology: The Epic Set" Victory Road and Turning Point 2004, and Lockdown 2005. Wow. Awesome. I have those now, and I also have the Ultimate Matches DVD, it's damn good. They covered all the main matches TNA has, Six Sides of Steel, Monsters Ball, Full Metal Mayhem, Ultimate X, King of the Mountain. All while showing a few matches from each. Interviews from the wrestlers who've been through those matches are great, they give you a sense of how dangerous they are. Great.. GREAT DVD!

The Best of the tag teams:

The Best of the X division:

Unstoppable: The Samoa Joe DVD:

Fucking sweetness. I own all three of those. I haven't seen the X Division or SamoaJoe DVDs yet, but they're actually on tap for later today. I got them as part of the X Division 6-pack, and it might be the best buy I've ever made concerning wrestling. Samoa Joe has had some amazing matches in his time in TNA, and it seems like I won't be disappointed by what I'll see.

I have a bunch, too, and I plan on reviewing them at some point.

-Jeff Hardy: Pretty good, no 4-way Monster's Ball though
-Against All Odds '07: Good show
-Genesis '05: Haven't watched yet
-Kurt Angle: Haven't watched yet
-50 Greatest Moments: Not bad, no full matches frustrated me
-Best of the Tag Teams: Didn't really like it. Did the bare minimum on backstory and the matches weren't that great
-Bound for Glory IV: Pretty good, I think I liked Against All Odds more

Out of all of these, I'd say Against All Odds was the best. Senshi vs. Austin Starr (Aries) was very good and the Prison Yard match showed that Sting could hang with someone like Abyss in a hardcore environment. The run-ins were a bit frustrating in the main event, but this was an excellent show that I can put on anytime and still enjoy it.

Out of all of these, I'd say Against All Odds was the best. Senshi vs. Austin Starr (Aries) was very good and the Prison Yard match showed that Sting could hang with someone like Abyss in a hardcore environment. The run-ins were a bit frustrating in the main event, but this was an excellent show that I can put on anytime and still enjoy it.

I loved this show as well. The (announced) card looked really good on paper, and then they added in Christy Hemme v. Big Fat Oily Guy, which brought it down a tad, but the DVD was still good. Sabin v. Lynn was a great feud, and since Lynn is my all-time favorite, I'm partial to that match.

If you like compilations, the Kurt Angle DVD is really good. They cover his life pretty well, and as said earlier, cover some touchy subjects (like his time in WWE). I'd say it's better than the PPV, and would rank in the top 5 for TNA DVDS (of what I've seen/know).

ive picked up a few TNA DVDS, mostly PPVS like Global Impact Japan (which btw isnt bad) and 2 others from 2008 which ive forgotten
not all of the DVDs are released in Australia yet however

the one ive liked the most was Jeff Jarrett
great dvd with backstorys and some brilliant matches and great documentary included
and after watching it it has made me a fan of Double J (however i still hate he kept the title on himself alot during the early days)

i hope to see more like these in the future and after reading the reviews here i will be looking into more dvds from TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back