Giant Baba vs. Nikolai Volkoff

• Japan

• USSR

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region in the six sided ring, in Charlotte, NC.

#31. Giant Baba
giant-baba.jpg

vs.

#34.
Nikolai Volkoff
nik.jpg

From everything I've heard about Giant Baba, the match-up he'll have with Flair in Round 2 is way too early. He's solid in the ring, and shouldn't have a problem here against Volkoff.

Volkoff was big and slow, and would be best served to try and out-brawl Baba, but it won't work.

Volkoff is as overrated as they come. He's one of the first arguments I bring up for why the WWE HOF is a joke. Baba is a legit legend. A two time NWA World Champion (correct me on that if I'm wrong) and a god in Japan, he wins easily here. He's bigger and stronger, and flat out better than Nikolai.

Volkoff is as overrated as they come. He's one of the first arguments I bring up for why the WWE HOF is a joke. Baba is a legit legend. A two time NWA World Champion (correct me on that if I'm wrong) and a god in Japan, he wins easily here. He's bigger and stronger, and flat out better than Nikolai.

Pedants corner: 3 times.

Whatever, the point still stands. Baba is a hero in Japan, and one of the most important people of his era both as a promoter, and a wrestler. He did what very few Japanese wrestlers have managed and cracked an American promotion, becoming the first Japanese man to hold the NWA title.

Volkoff on the other hand built an entire career on cheap heat from the cold war. He isn't even Russian, for fuck's sake. No, this is an easy win for Giant Baba.

you said to correct you if your wrong if he was a 2 time nwa world champion. I look it up and it said that he was not a nwa world champion but a 3 international champion and i dont no if you count that has a world title. Also i got my information from wikepedia so i dont no how relibale it is but i will give you the link and u can tell me if the info right or wrong

Link to Giant baba http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Baba#Championships_and_accomplishments

if we are not aloud links its my bad.

and as for the match up i think Volkoff would get some offense but would not be enough for baba size and strength which would give giant baba the win

Volkoff is stronger and better then what he is remembered for. I Think most people tend to remember him as the washed up ex-Soviet supporter that either teamed with Jim Duggan after the Cold War, or was bought out by Ted DiBiase a little later on. Volkoff might have drew cheap heat, but he was still pretty over. Plus the guy goes a (kayfabe) 65" chest.

That being said, Baba should win this match. While I'm not too terribly familiar with the actual ring work of the man, I am familiar with the legend of the man. His legacy is about as solid as they come, and his track record speaks for itself. He has a good long line list of accomplishments that simply the Russian can't hold a candle to.

Baba was solid during the 1970s. Volkoff...well, Volkoff was never really all that solid. Big and brawny? Yes. Good in-ring worker? No. Without the Cold War, Volkoff would have been out of the business long before what many consider his prime. The only thing I liked about Volkoff was when he was The Million Cent Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back