• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Attracting a Younger Audience?

Dizzy

Championship Contender
Impact scored a 1.10 rating in males 18-49 (vs. 1.20 on Jan. 27) and a 0.95 rating in m18-34 (vs. 1.00 on Jan. 27).

In the non-key demographic of teen males 12-17, Impact scored one of its all-time high ratings in the demo, scoring above a 2.00 cable rating.

Now, besides the Jeff Hardy vs. Anderson match up there was nothing really that would all of a sudden make teen kids start watching Impact.

So, do you guys think this is something they should continue to attract? TNA has always been labeled to overly "crash TV". Should they continue that or slightly lessen it to attract more viewers?

There will be a gimmick battle royal at start of show to determine his opponent with Barry Darsow a.k.a. the Repo Man winning and going on to face Undertaker. He has as good a chance as some other jabroni, like Wade Barrett for example.

I think it has more to do with kids growing up or when they view Impact seeing it be more edgier and adult oriented. I mean those 16-17 year olds maybe liked those dance offs 2-3 years ago, but not anymore. I saw a very interesting thing about WWE's ratings. They lost 3/4 of a million people during the Santino tag match this past Monday. That should tell you enough right there. Almost a million people turned the channel while the tag team champions had a match.

I'd probably attribute it to a wrestlemania bump. Looking at the ratings history it appears they get some residual boost from this time of year. I guess people just cannot get enough wrestling and TNA benefits. A lot of the younger crowd the WWE is slowly pulling in probably has not seen much TNA and never knew an attitude era (maybe the crash tv is actually what is pulling them in). Even the haters admit the TNA product isn't terrible right now so they could pull in some of this audience when they hype up a show.

matt29073
what?!

I'm not sure what to make of TNA getting this younger audience.
it would be great to see TNA get a younger audience, but I don't think they should change what they are doing just to get the younger audience, such as going PG.

if TNA is getting a more younger audience, thats fine. maybe the young WWE viewers want to see something a little edgier? they should still stick with the TV-14 rating and not attempt PG just because they get an increase in a younger audience though

I don't get how they can find out if there was a kid watching or the parents watched it on their own, but anyway i will pass that...

It just doesn't make sense to me. TNA is edgier than WWE and last week's episode wasn't something special in terms of being PG or Tv-14.

There was no "Beautiful People Promo" though, maybe it made the show more of a PG :lmao:

Should TNA try attract younger audiance? No. Not in a way that they change themselves and become more like WWE. TNA is watched because its an alternative, the last thing that anyone watches TNA want would be them becoming WWE. If they do so, they will lose their own audiance while they are trying to get new one.

Oh great, guess we better start kicking "butt" from now on so we don't upset the would-be toy makers turned sponsors to a program who's central theme is men who settle their differences by punching and slamming one another in a ring until one forces the other to submit or pins him to the mat for three seconds with his shoulders down. ;)

Just watch any iMPACT! — you'd be surprised how many kids there are in the crowd, and that's starting to replicate it's way into ratings as well, which is great for the company, because those little tikes will ultimately become the next wave of generational fans for the company. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back