TNA AMW vs. Triple X Turning point 2004

Isaiah90

Dark Match Jobber
Just watched AMW vs. Triple X at TNA Lockdown 2004 despite not being a fan of any of these wrestlers. It was 1 of TNA's bloodiest, craziest, and best high flying matches ever. It was smart of Triple X to handcuff James Storm to the ring post as they punished Chris Harris. Those headbutts from Christopher Daniels were vicious as blood poured from his head. My jaw dropped when Prime Time walked on the edges of the cage and did a hurricarana on James Storm off the top!!! OMG!!!!! Even crazier how Daniels did an elbow drop on Storm! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Lots of fast and nice counters. What a match! I'm curious to know what people thought of this.

I remember this match, it was a few months after I started watching TNA.

This was a great tag-team match, it will probably be forever remembered for that spot by Skipper, which in all fairness he done amazingly well to just keep his balance.

The feud building up to this was great as well, it went on for a few months, I can't remember the specifics but I think one of Triple X picked up an injury and there was various teams between the two groups that won the tag-belts.

This was at a time when TNA had a tag division with the likes of The Naturals, Team Canada, Truth & Road-Dogg, there was quite a bit of depth to it, and then Dusty & Jarrett signed Phi-Delta Slam & The Harris Bros.:banghead:

Skipper's career just petered out after this, he was in another tag-team called 'Diamonds In The Rough' which never really went anywhere, I always thought he was underrated, he started his career late as well.

I remember this match, it was a few months after I started watching TNA.

This was a great tag-team match, it will probably be forever remembered for that spot by Skipper, which in all fairness he done amazingly well to just keep his balance.

The feud building up to this was great as well, it went on for a few months, I can't remember the specifics but I think one of Triple X picked up an injury and there was various teams between the two groups that won the tag-belts.

This was at a time when TNA had a tag division with the likes of The Naturals, Team Canada, Truth & Road-Dogg, there was quite a bit of depth to it, and then Dusty & Jarrett signed Phi-Delta Slam & The Harris Bros.:banghead:

Skipper's career just petered out after this, he was in another tag-team called 'Diamonds In The Rough' which never really went anywhere, I always thought he was underrated, he started his career late as well.

The fans were all hyped and on their feet which is very rare in wrestling. Did you see how one of the AMW members tried doing a high flying stunt on Prime time? Just when he was about to quickly flip him over, Prime time lands a hard shot at his ribs and he nearly collapses from the pain! What a counter! that was insane how Triple X did the death sentence on AMW and Christopher Daniels uses a key to stab one of their members in the head! Hella creative! He flies off the top ropes and SHINK! Aww God! lol.

Did you see the way Daniels dove off the top with that elbow drop and it looked like it snapped in half?!??! OMG! THAT WAS INSANE! Perfect time for the pin, but looked like he passed out.

It was so brutal when Triple X grabbed James Storm and like a battering ram - bashed his head against the steel cage! His face was completely covered in blood. Those headbutts from Daniels were savage. His head was already cut open so him headbutting people anyways just opened the wound further. Must've stung badly.

There were so many impressive and brutal moves in this match. The story-telling was dramatic too. What a way to end a feud!

Christopher Daniels would go on to have one of the best triple threat matches you will ever see with AJ Styles & Samoa Joe as well.

Christopher Daniels would go on to have one of the best triple threat matches you will ever see with AJ Styles & Samoa Joe as well.

I respect both Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles even if i'm not a fan of them. Highly skilled high-flying wrestlers. Some of the best in pro-wrestling. I'll have to check it out.

I respect both Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles even if i'm not a fan of them. Highly skilled high-flying wrestlers. Some of the best in pro-wrestling. I'll have to check it out.

There's some great TNA/Impact matches worth a watch. Angle/Joe/Styles has some great matches.
The Wolves v Team 3-D v The Hardy's.
The Steiner's had a decent match with Team 3-D if you want to watch a bit of nostalgia.
Quite a few others, pity Dixie & Co. destroyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back