• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA: 2005 vs 2010

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
Much like my WWE threads this times it's TNA.

I find this one very intresting as we have 2005 a year where tna had more indy style wrestling and 2010 where they had more of a mainstream style and approach.

I only saw a bit of tna in 2005 so I really cant choose this time though every match I have seen from TNA in 2005 is an awesome ultimate X matches.

Which year do you think Tna had a better product?why?

You can just look at the reactions of the people in the Impact Zone to see how it was better. They actually made reactions first of all, and had plenty of chants.

You had the Samoa Joe/AJ Styles/Daniels thing just for one example.

Though I didn't like Jeff Jarrett on top all the time, and when AJ and Raven won the NWA title, it was a nice breath of fresh air.

i will take 03 in the asylum over both.
however if i have to choose i will say 05 just because the quality of matches. just depends on the kind of wrestling you like.

I actually watched a couple TNA Shows from 2005 online a couple weeks ago and what a difference it was compared to their Product today. The Impact Zone Crowds (which I normally can't stand) were actually into the Shows instead of sitting on there hands like they do now. I watched a couple Impacts and a couple PPVs,Lockdown,Sacrifice,and a little bit of Genesis. I also watched the end of Lockdown 2006 which was decent.

i will take 03 in the asylum over both.
however if i have to choose i will say 05 just because the quality of matches. just depends on the kind of wrestling you like.

Thats how I feel to be honest,

2005 was better than 2010 because of the crowd reaction and quality of matches, plus I was a major Team Canada mark.

I would say 2005 as it is what got me hooked to TNA. All the Joe's gonna Kill You chants and Abyss doing insane hardcore shit. The crowds were great and it sounded like 5000 fans instead of todays 10. It was great wrestling as I always thought the guys of Aj size made wrestling look much realer. 2005 all day. 2010 was made a far distant memory that has been forgotten.

2010 was an absolute abomination, 2005 wins it on default.

AJ/Daniels/Joe was a blockbuster series of matches and events leading up and beyond the Unbreakable Main Event. Raven as a face Champion was very entertaining and we got some really great moments. Hardy vs. AJ, Tanahashi vs. AJ, AJ vs. Abyss at Lockdown, AMW, Team Canada, explosve X Division matches, Samoa Joe kicking butt, Sting's return, Christian Cage's debut, it was really great stuff.

TNA changed a lot between these two years, and for the most part not for the better.

I'll put it like this: in 2005, TNA was still very distinctive from the WWE. As has already been mentioned, the stories and wrestling were far more interesting, quite a bit grittier and yet far more entertaining. The further things got down the road, the more formula they became. It was as if the creative team was getting lazy. Also, the further down the line things got, the more ex-WWE guys tended to become the main eventers and the more TNA originals got handed their pink slips. Not good.

One main aspect that I liked about 2005 over 2010 was the Knockouts division. The female wrestlers actually had stories and were getting solid face time. True, the Knockouts still tend to get more time than the WWE Divas...but not much anymore. TNA also systematically weakened their Knockouts, seeing to it that they became more "acceptable" in terms of female wrestling styles. I still remember the "Bimbo Brawls" which showed these insanely violent hardcore weapons matches between females of TNA (I might be a little off in terms of the year here and if so I apologize.) Either way, the Knockouts back then were not only allowed to be more violent, but more distinctive in terms of character.

I guess it just reflects a gripe I've had about TNA of now vs. TNA of then: TNA of then was distinctive while TNA of now is looking more and more like the WWE on a lower budget.

I guess it just reflects a gripe I've had about TNA of now vs. TNA of then: TNA of then was distinctive while TNA of now is looking more and more like the WWE on a lower budget.

Exactly! TNA in 2005 was that friend we all have who has nothing and is trying to become a success through hard work and determination - that friend that we all want to see succeed because he deserves it.

TNA in 2010 is that friend who starts getting a little amount of success, and fucks it all up with drugs, alcohol, and everything else that can ruin your life....

You just end up saying, "here we go again... what a pain in the ass... we love 'em, but what a pain in the ass... :banghead:"

Following my formula...

2005 – On the NWA TNA World Title scene, we had Jeff Jarrett, A. J. Styles, Raven, and Rhino holding 10 Pounds Of Gold.

2010 – On the TNA World Title scene, we had A. J. Styles, Rob Van Dam, and Jeff Hardy holding Orlando Championship Wrestling Title Belt.

Just by looking at the names listed, and taking into consideration the fact that I didn’t watch TNA till they were on Spike, I’m going to go with 2010. TNA was at an all-time high, literally and figuratively. Much like the WWE 2003 vs. WWE 2006, I don’t expect many to share my opinion.

I think people get a bit too nostalgic for TNA 2005.

There were some good X-division matches that year, but also alot of ramming Jeff Jarrett down our throats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back