• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Titus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferbian

Has Returned.
As of late I've been watching a lot of the episodes of the television series that ran from 2000 to 2002 called Titus, it's based upon the life of comedian Christopher Titus.

Hilarious show if I may say so myself, a big fan of Christopher, and it makes it so much easier to understand his jokes when you get it in television format.

This show was canceled in 2002 due to some problems between Christopher and the Fox executives wanting to split up his relationship with the on-screen girlfriend called Erin (Cynthia Watros) due to the character relationship supposedly resembling the relationship between Dharma and Greg in the television series of said name.

Titus drew pretty decently for a television show, drawing season ratings having between 7.9 to 9.5 average million viewers.

On Youtube there's a lot of comments "bashing" Fox for canceling this show, people wondering how come Fox could cancel such an (and I quote) "Awesome" show.

My question to you is the following:

Was it a stupid thing for Fox to cancel the show due to Christopher refusing to oblige with breaking up Erin and Christopher's on-screen relationship?

If it wasn't stupid by Fox, was it then stupid that Christopher refused to follow through with it?

And while we're at it, if you were a viewer, share your thoughts on this show.

Love the thread idea, Ferbs.

Titus is one of those under the radar shows that would go unnoticed, and then after a while most people would realize its greatness. Fox has a habit of axing good shows. They pulled the plug on Family Guy, Futurama, The War at Home, and a whole slew of other shows. Thankfully FG was picked back up, and Comedy Central just started Futurama again. Tangent, sorry.

It was amaaaazingly stupid of Fox to try and make them break up. The show was based on his life, not some fairy tale that he cooked up. You can't change the past, Erin and Titus were going out, and likely ending up getting married like in real life. To have them break up would be going against Titus' life and trying to make something that didn't happen, happen. Titus was not in the wrong, he had every right to argue for his show. Besides the network censored him all the time, it was only a matter of how long Titus held off saying "Fuck you" to the execs before getting cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back