• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tito Ortiz Vs Rampage Jackson ?

andymcg

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well after seeing Tito has resigned and looks to fight Coleman at UFC 105, i was wondering, if Tito wins this could we then go on to see a fight between the 2 funnyest men in MMA ?

Rampage and Tito behind the scenes are both extremly funny guys, and both seem to like to wind up there oppenents. There actually both my 2 fav fighters as well.

So Rampage next fight is Evans which i believe will be in Dec time, and Titos fight with Coleman is Novemberish. So if both these men win could we see Tito Vs Rampage for No1 Contendership for LHW belt ?

Personally id love to see this, the pre-fight interviews and build up to this fight could be hillouris with them 2 ripping each other and trying to out-think and smart one n other. And as for the fight itself i rekon it would be pretty good.

Heres to hopeing i suppose, what you people think about this then ?

Personally, I don't ever see this fight happening, unless it's over the belt. But Rampage would have to defeat Machida first (which I don't see), and Tito would have to go on a 3 fight win streak (which I do see ;) ). So, no... I don't ever see it happening. They're too good of friends to fight for anything other than a belt. Some will bring up Chuck Liddell's name as he and Tito were best friends at one time, but you have to know that those two basically did fight over the belt (the winner of their first fight was guaranteed a shot at the title), and Dana White was the one who broke up that friendship beforehand anyway. I highly doubt something like that happens between Rampage and Tito, as Rampage is a completely different person than Chuck.

But would I like to see this fight happen? Sure, it'd be awesome, especially if there was a falling out between the two. The promos leading up to the fight alone would be priceless. And the fight itself should be great. So, yeah... I think any fan of MMA would love to see this fight, but at the same time.... I don't think we ever are.

Well like Jmt, I can't see this fight happening. Rampage's next fight is all the way at the end of the year against Evans. From there assuming he wins, he goes onto fight Lyoto which would be mid year of 2010. From there two things can happen, one if he actually wins I can't possibly imagine ever seeing Tito being number 1 contender again, 2 if he actually loses he will probably get a close contender to bounce off of. The only way I can see a Rampage Vs. Tito fight is if Rampage goes on a losing streak, or if Tito actually goes on a win streak, which i doubt ;). The match itself doesn't really interest me, not a big fan of both, but Rampage is quite the character. So the best thing about this fight in my eyes would be the build up.

Personally I'm more excited for Coleman Vs. Ortiz.

If the fight does happen, Rampage would beat his ass! Like was said earlier, the promos going into the fight would be great to hear alone! Tito is not what he used to be & hasn't fought in a while! Maybe now that the shit with him & Dana is now in the past, maybe he can focus on fighting again. Rampage/Ortiz would be a hell of a fight if Ortiz truly got his head right for the fight with no distractions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back