What Was The Title Reign Of The Year?

• Bobby Lashley - TNA World Heavyweight

• ReDRagon - ROH World Tag Team

• Adrian Neville - NXT

• Ascension - NXT Tag Team

• Dolph Ziggler - Intercontinental

• Usos - WWE World Tag Team

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jay Lethal as ROH TV Champion deserved to be nominated here...

Damn right it did!

EntireHarshGroundbeetle.gif

That said, I still think reDRagon's reign is better. In fact it should win this.

Voting the Usos here. They had a more than solid run as tag champs.

Seriously??

It was dull as shit (as are they)

I'd give Bobby Lashley a nod mainly because I (and lots of others) assumed that his reign would be shit and it was surprisingly good.

Seriously??

I'd give Bobby Lashley a nod mainly because I (and lots of others) assumed that his reign would be shit and it was surprisingly good.

I don't watch TNA or ROH either, and from what I have seen the Uso's had the best run in WWE. So to be fair I'll probably abstain on this one.

I strongly feel that Adam Cole's ROH World Championship reign should be on here, but alas it's not. I guess I'll go with ReDRagon's Tag Team Championship reign as they've been the epitome of what great tag teams should be and whose reign also allowed them to go over to Japan and conquer their top promotion's tag team scene as well.

WWE had no good title reigns, Lashley... really, it was shit too (but less shit than expected). If you don't watch anything else, vote Vacant for title reign of 2014.

Bobby Lashley's reign hasn't been mind blowing, but it's been consistent and to a point, to an end which it achieved. That's worth something.

Uso's and Dolph both stand out. I legitimately remember just about every televised/ppv title defense they had and all the time, they were great matches. Uso's had a Match of the Year contender with the Wyatts in their 2 out of 3 falls and Dolph had that amazing triple threat with Cesaro and Kidd and really was well showcased as a fighting champ.

Seriously??

Uso's are far from dull. WWE just doesn't know how to adequately book faces. It lead to them having the same tag matches on TV(NOT on PPV) and cutting "we fun guys" promos when they should've been cutting more promos like this(Especially when they fueded with the Wyatts):

[YOUTUBE]8fPuXzorEP4[/YOUTUBE]

Overall both Dolph and the Uso's reigns did what they were supposed to do and that was elevate them and the reigns did that well. I'd give the edge to the Uso's since its been so long since we had a good long title reign and the Uso's were built up well prior to winning the belts as the face of the division and they carried themselves well especially considering they were factored into the Cena/Wyatt feud.
Also there is some devilishly horendous lack of love for Adam Cole (BAYBAY).

I was tempted to go with The Usos as I thought they had a genuinely great run as babyface tag team champions.

However, I went with Adrian Neville as NXT Champion. The creative team in NXT know how to make the most of long title reigns and keep them feeling fresh even after they've been going on for 6+ months. Neville's title defenses on NXT's regular programing produced great matches and his defenses during the NXT specials were genuinely some of the best matches put on by any company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back