Title Reign of the Year

What is the Title Reign of the Year in 2011?

• The Miz - WWE Title

• Dolph Ziggler - US Title

• Cody Rhodes - Intercontinental Title

• Mark Henry - World Heavyweight Championship

• John Cena - WWE Title

• CM Punk - WWE Title

Results are only viewable after voting.
To me, this isn't even a contest. The Miz had one of the longest reigns with the title in recent years (November to the beginning of May), and in that time frame, he had good to great matches with the likes of Orton, Morrison, Lawler, Bryan, and others. He was a great heel champion in a time when the company needed it, and he was also a very good spokesman for the company during that time as well. The Miz was truly awesome during that time period and gets my vote. Second place for me is Mark Henry who had another solid run with his first world title.

Cody Rhodes as the IC Champion because for the first time in a long time, that belt seems to actually mean something and that's only because of Cody Rhodes. He's done a terrific job with it, brought it back to the being the coolest looking title in the company, and it's definitely a reign that's going to elevate him into the main event, which is what the title's purpose has always supposed to been.

No WWE Title reigns should get any love here since the only one to last a decent amount of time was The Miz's, and that was un-fucking-bearable to sit through.

I gotta go with Mark Henry. It'd be better if it was still going but the injury obviously played a big role in that. The way he won the title and the way he held it is better then any other champion this year. I would say Cody Rhodes but I have him second because his feuds over the belt have been lackluster. He has done some nice things when the belt wasn't involved but his title feuds have been with Big Zeke and Ted Dibiase and both were forgettable.

Cody Rhodes as the IC Champion because for the first time in a long time, that belt seems to actually mean something and that's only because of Cody Rhodes. He's done a terrific job with it, brought it back to the being the coolest looking title in the company, and it's definitely a reign that's going to elevate him into the main event, which is what the title's purpose has always supposed to been.

No WWE Title reigns should get any love here since the only one to last a decent amount of time was The Miz's, and that was un-fucking-bearable to sit through.
You're going to hate me, but I actually enjoyed Miz's reign. Especially the feud with Jerry Lawler. Sorry, buddy.

I really believe that Mark Henry had the best and most surprising reign of the year. I am actually pissed that it didn't last longer.

Mark Henry. Purely because he twice beat Orton clean during his reign, which is just bizarre.

You're going to hate me, but I actually enjoyed Miz's reign. Especially the feud with Jerry Lawler. Sorry, buddy.

You know what? I completely forgot about Lawler and Miz's feud. That was pretty damn brilliant. HOWEVER, I think most credit for that should go to Lawler and Michael Cole.

Miz's shit with Cena and Orton, though, man, like I said... unbearable.

I'm tempted to go with The Miz here, but my vote is going to have to go to Mark Henry. Henry had an outstanding run as the monster heel, his title run was filled with some high quality matches, and his title win at Night Of Champions did have a great story behind it. After years of failed pushes, Mark Henry finally won the big one, and Henry sounded legit fired up during his post match victory speech.

I actually enjoyed Miz as the cowardly heel, but the title match at Mania 27 was such a disappointment.

I'm so stuck here. I'm completely torn between Miz, Henry, Rhodes, and Ziggler. All four had MASTERFUL runs with their titles and more than deserve everyone's votes.

I'll need major convincing here. Help me out, guys.

Mark Henry for me and an immense amount of credit to Randy Orton. The fact that a guy who has been regarded as a joke and waste of space for the vast majority of his entire WWe run was firstly presented as a legitimate monster challenger and then allowed to decimate the second biggest guy on the roster on a number of occasions makes me believe that maybe no-one is a complete 'no hope' case.

I have enjoyed Cody's reign but what discredited it for me is that both the US and IC belts are still being treated as also ran titles these days. When Cody feuded with Randy, the belt wasn't even on the line; implication, Orton is too good for the belt.

I'm just going to eliminate Ziggler and Rhodes from this because Nate knows my rationale for this. Miz's reign wasn't that bad but I don't like him as a heel in the ring. I did like his feud with Lawler and believe he was in no man's land with Cena and Rock. I didn't expect Henry to have the reign he did and even though he was a solid heel in the past, he stepped it up when he won the title. I'll go with Henry by a hair.

I'll give it to you. I've heard almost everyone say that Rhodes and Ziggler brought prestige back to the titles with their long reigns. I don't buy that because in Ziggler's case, I can't remember him defending that time besides facing Ryder. In Rhodes's case, my mind is drawing a blank when he won it but I know he won it from Jackson. I just can't see how Rhodes has brought prestige to the title when he only defends it like once every two months it seems. It matters more to me what you do with it and now long you have it. You may not agree with that but that's my take.

I'll give it to you. I've heard almost everyone say that Rhodes and Ziggler brought prestige back to the titles with their long reigns. I don't buy that because in Ziggler's case, I can't remember him defending that time besides facing Ryder. In Rhodes's case, my mind is drawing a blank when he won it but I know he won it from Jackson. I just can't see how Rhodes has brought prestige to the title when he only defends it like once every two months it seems. It matters more to me what you do with it and now long you have it. You may not agree with that but that's my take.

Ziggler defended his belt against Morrison, Alex Riley, Kofi Kingston in a great two out of three falls match on RAW, Morrison, Riley and Swagger in a Fatal-Four-Way I just can't remember which event it happened at. And if you include his final defense that didn't go so well, Zack Ryder.

My choice is Dolph Ziggler. He took the US Championship and elevated himself as both a performer and a character in my view, his in-ring work was known for being good before he took the ball and ran with it but it shined brighter than ever this time around, he'd great matches with guys when he did and didn't defend the belt. He'd great matches with Morrison, Kingston, John Cena, CM Punk and Randy Orton -- basically when he wasn't defending the belt against the likes of Kofi and Morrison he was playing with the top dogs, something Rhodes has done since as well but he hasn't put on matches viewed as well as Ziggler's due to the in-ring content.

I've said it numerous times, Dolph Ziggler had the best reign as US Champion in years. Everything about it was good and it did what it was supposed to do for him and he did what he was supposed to do for it, the title elevated him and he elevated the title into a position where from my perspective the US Championship currently has more credibility than the IC Championship.

My vote is Ziggler, he started the year strong; had that stupid part with the hair change and all but that was amended and now he'll probably go into the Main Event picture of Monday Night RAW.

Ziggler defended his belt against Morrison, Alex Riley, Kofi Kingston in a great two out of three falls match on RAW, Morrison, Riley and Swagger in a Fatal-Four-Way I just can't remember which event it happened at. And if you include his final defense that didn't go so well, Zack Ryder.
Perception vs Reality. That may be the reality of the situation, but there's still nobody who's not a regular internet dweller who seriously cares about Ziggler or remembers the bulk of that. He can have all the defences and "great matches" he wants, but he's still not connecting. At least in Rhodes' case, it legitimately seems like he's bringing sexy back to the IC belt. Ziggler? He's just been sort of there.

What did Ziggler do with the title that Daniel Bryan didn't? I can't remember any of his matches save for one horrible one with Kofi. He didn't even seem to give a shit about the title. Zack Ryder has brought more to that title in 3 days than Ziggles ever has.

I'm going with Miz. Henry is probably the best answer, but Miz's reign was near perfect and he deserves some love.

I went with Big Mark. Had entertaining (notice I didn't say good) matches with Big Show and Orton, and went with his character as well as anyone I've seen in years. He came out of nowhere, and became the most feared champion in a long, long time. Great, entertaining reign.

I voted for Dolph Ziggler's US title reign. Best reign that title has had in a while. Ziggler upped his game while holding the belt, had various feuds for the belt, one of which was probably the best mid-card feud over a title this year with Zack Ryder. In a way that feud really helped Ryder get more over than he actually was and made his title win mean so much more when he finally beat Dolph to win it. I just really enjoyed the reign a lot, not sure why probably because of the character development and vast improvements Ziggler made as a performer while holding the title and the fact that well he made it seem important to be the United States Champion. So pretty much everything The Dragon Saga.

So, as much as the ICW love to suck Cody Rhode's schlong his IC title reign has been very lacklustre. Like, really pitiful. I'm going for the Miz, because he really did exceed everyone's expectations.

I preferred the part with Jerry Lawler to the part with John Cena. Don't tell anyone. This can't get out.

Like father, like son, pa.

I don't believe Miz's title run was creditable. After all; I can't think of one time where he picked up a clean victory. Everytime it was either Alex Rilex hitting John Cena with the briefcase or Michael Cole grabbing Jerry Lawler's leg. Remember that time when Cena and Miz where in a Tables Match and John Cena put Alex Riley through a table, the ref was knocked down and The Miz put John Cena on the remains of the bust table. I just couldn't believe he got away with that many dirty victories and Alex Riley was NEVER banned from ringside.

The referee got up and declared Miz the winner. I can't remember if the decision was reversed; but I can remember The Miz walked out that night the champion. Overall I gotta go for Mark Henry's title run as the biggest title reign of the year. He was a 'monster' heel and he entered The Big Show, Kane and others into his 'crowded' hall of pain. Mark also picked up a few matches to his name where he got himself intentionally disqualified but as a heel, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, huh? 1 or 2 times is fine but The Miz's title reign was un-legit in every way possible.

Sorry for the long post. :shrug:

I don't believe Miz's title run was creditable. After all; I can't think of one time where he picked up a clean victory. Everytime it was either Alex Rilex hitting John Cena with the briefcase or Michael Cole grabbing Jerry Lawler's leg. Remember that time when Cena and Miz where in a Tables Match and John Cena put Alex Riley through a table, the ref was knocked down and The Miz put John Cena on the remains of the bust table. I just couldn't believe he got away with that many dirty victories and Alex Riley was NEVER banned from ringside.

The referee got up and declared Miz the winner. I can't remember if the decision was reversed; but I can remember The Miz walked out that night the champion. Overall I gotta go for Mark Henry's title run as the biggest title reign of the year. He was a 'monster' heel and he entered The Big Show, Kane and others into his 'crowded' hall of pain. Mark also picked up a few matches to his name where he got himself intentionally disqualified but as a heel, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, huh? 1 or 2 times is fine but The Miz's title reign was un-legit in every way possible.

Sorry for the long post. :shrug:

Length had little to do with how stupid that whole thing was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back