Title Reign of the Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Title Reign of the Year

1. Rob Van Dam - TNA World Title

2. Kane - World Heavyweight Title

3. Daniel Bryan - US Title

4. Dolph Ziggler - Intercontinental Title

5. AJ Styles - TNA World Title

6. Motor City Machineguns - TNA Tag Titles

7. The Miz - US Title

8. Laycool - Divas Title

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

RVD has not gotten a single nomination for anything. That's amazing.

2. Wolfdemon

Wolfdemon The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla

Motor City Machine Guns all the way. They put on one hell of a series to get those titles and ever since have had so many fantastic matches. They are leading the next generation of great tag teams. Daniel and Miz get a close second with adding reletivity back to the US title.

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Well, the correct answer is Cena's reign with the WWE title. You know, going by the quality of feuds and matches he had with it. I mean, he only had one real feud with it - but it was his awesome one with Beardtista. And during it, he had an awesome series of matches. Short and sweet.

Out of the ones on the list, I suppose DBD's reign with the US title hasn't been half bad. To win it, it was his great blow-off match with The Miz and he's since stolen the show every time he's defended it, making guys like Ziggler and DiBiase look pretty great in the process.

4. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

With those lackluster match endings, I can't really blame people.

5. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

MCMG's win this.

They are the best tag team in the world, they FINALLY accomplished tag team gold (which was LONG overdue), and they've consistently put on the best matches in any promotion since they won the titles. How could they not win this category? Everything fits.

6. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

The RVD reign, I mean. Why can't I edit my posts?

7. Hulk Hogan's Brother

Hulk Hogan's Brother Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!

I think Sheamus deserves a nomination. His second title reign made him seem better. His feud with Orton was pretty good too.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion

I had to go with Kane, simply because while it may not be in terms of superb matches, fact is that Kane has a reign worth remembering, not to mention he made Undertaker his bitch during this reign, how many people have done that? Granted, the stuff with Edge hasn't taken the wind out of it, but before SS, Kane's reign is one to remember.

9. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

MCMG should win this there Tag Team Title reign has been phenomenal Great Matches Beer Money, Gen Me and even Team 3D. They have definitely had the Best Title Reign.

10. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

How can anybody justify voting for The Miz here?

11. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

If there were a Biggest Disappointment of the Year award, Van Dam would rank. And probably rather high.

MCMG for the win.

DangerousDave likes this.
  12. Viola Moonlight

Viola Moonlight I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW

If the Diva's had much better matches, I'd be voting for LC because of their contributions... so I'm going for MCMG.

13. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Bulletproof Tiger

The Machine Guns should win here. They have had some excellent bouts with Beer Money and GenMe, and have finally achieved tag team gold. Kane finally became champion again, but it has been pretty underwhelming. It was exciting first but now its becoming lame with is sub par matches against Taker and his ridiculous feud against Edge.

14. DiscipleofWrestling

DiscipleofWrestling Getting Noticed By Management

Motor City Machine Guns got my vote in this category for several reasons. 1) It was about damn time. 2) They had several great matches with the other tag teams in the division like Beer Money, Generation Me, and even Ink Inc. 3) They have held the titles for a good portion of the year, and most of their matches have had a clean finish. 4) I tune into TNA Impact to see this team.

15. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Absolutely none of them deserve this, there just hasn't been a great reign this year. I voted for Bryan, because at least his matches have been good.

16. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

What Tastycles said, nothing that good this year. Motorcity Machineguns are my choice though. Mostly because they're consistently good all the time even though they haven't had any really great competitors to face. This one's for you, Mr. Shelley and Mr. Sabin.

17. El Rev sXe

El Rev sXe If you have ghosts...

Daniel Bryan bring back some prestige to the US title. alot of prestige!!! Come on I think he is the best US champ since Benoit!

18. Smartie

Smartie Broski of the Week #22

I think it's a battle between Bryan , Kane an MCMG.

I chose Bryan , Because it helped both him and the title a lot , he has amazing title bouts and you know that until he's the champ , US title race is gonna be a must-to-watch.

19. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

I voted for LayCool. It's all well and good if you can have great matches but you have to be somewhat interesting to maintain people's interest. That would explain Benoit's world title reign. He was having great matches but HHH and HBK were more interesting.

The MCMG title reign has been good but it seems they have fallen off the face of the earth but to be fair, to most fans, Hogan and his band of merry man have been more compelling as well as Morgan and this mystery referee. Great television.

LayCool's title reign did something that I didn't think possible. They made two people interesting. Natalya and Kaval. I rest my case.

Stormtrooper likes this.
  20. Macca

Macca The Sunflower Samurai

MCMG. They've been the only real reason to watch TNA this year.

Sabin & Shelley have proven that tag-team wrestling is not dead, just being buried by management.

21. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Championship Contender

This post (less the Nattie/Kaval part) convinced me to change my mind.

Womens wrestling has sucked for the longest time (since Trish/Lita/Molly Holly/etc retired). It has always been bland, boring, generic, no storyline filler. In 2010, Laycool comes in and makes Women's professional wrestling (at least in the major US promotions) something that it hadn't been in a long long time. ENTERTAINING. They had characters, they had a gimmick, the matches weren't shit, they had feuds, and most importantly, they had that IT factor that made you hate them, and made you actually want to see them get their (rather nice) asses kicked. No woman wrestler has done that in years, and 2 of them did it together, while being co-champions.

For that, they get my vote.

22. future admin

future admin Getting Noticed By Management

Definitely the MCMG's reign. They put on an amazing best of 5 series with Beer Money, and they have consistently put on good title matches. They have just finished a great feud with GenMe, and are about to put on another against Beer Money, MCMGs FTW!

23. Y2JChrisJericho

Y2JChrisJericho Pre-Show Stalwart

Can't believe I voted for a TNA title reign...haha, my vote tied it up 22-22 between Kane and MCMG.

Look, as a TNA hater (to the point where I'm just like Mark Madden), I absolutley love the MCMG. They always put on good matches, and for some reason I love Alex Shelley. He's a great wrestler, best I've seen in years, and he just has the "it" factor to me. The look, the personality, everything. I want Shelley to come to the WWE though, and if he isn't buried I really believe he can be a Main Eventer. I know Shelley needs to be in the TNA main event, I don't care how good MCMG are, have Shelley turn on Sabin, be put over in the feud, and than win the world title.

Him and Angle are the only reasons why I bother watching TNA...

Kane hasn't had ONE good match as world champion, how can he have title reign of the year? He's had the title for awhile considering the short title reigns we get in the WWE now, but he does not deserve to win this award because all of his matches with Taker sucked, his matches with Mysterio sucked, and his matches with Edge suck.

24. newc868

newc868 Pre-Show Stalwart

LayCool did something with the Women's division in WWE I didn't think possible until I saw it with my very own eyes - they made it interesting.
    Although they were only on one brand for most of it - they were damn well effective. They had a great feud with Mickie James - not for the matches but more for the way they perfectly pulled off their characters.

They've re-shaped the Women's Division and unlike Beth Phoenix and Melina (the biggest other Divas) they've managed to stay healthy and consistently put out good promos.

25. TJ Matics

TJ Matics It was never the same.

I'm going to go with Dolph’s Intercontinental reign,
    I voted for him because he's consistently given great matches for the fans and the haters alike to enjoy, not mentioning the fact that he got the strap a whole year late due to a more and more annoying Rey Mysterio. Though Vickie’s a big part of his heat, I think it'll carry over into the future for him to be a major player.