Thoughts on Drake?

Wavy Crockett

Been pimping since been pimping...
Drake as you may or may not know is a new artist to the hip hop world who everyone from Jay-Z to Kanye to Lil' Wayne have been heavily co-signing. He's got a single out at the moment called "Best I Ever Had" which is getting heavy play in the clubs and the radio. So whats all the hype for? Is he really that great? Thoughts?

Drake is really pretty good. Listen to his mixtape. He also real because he don't try to be gangsta or hard, he just being himself. Drake also can sing as well as act(Degrassi).

Now, the hottest young guy to look out for is J.Cole. He will go down with the greats, the way he tell stories are crazy. He is like an old Nas and Jay Z.

I actually think that Drake is pretty good for being so new. His association with Lil Wayne is instantly bringing up his credibility. He already has tons of fans and his lyrics are very original. I think he tries a little too hard in his songs, but he will learn to speak more from his heart, which will come in time. Other than that, I think Drake is alright... it's a little too early to put him in the same category as the big-time rappers, but in a few years... he'll be ready.

Shit, I just went off on him in the "Hip/Hop" thread and just saw this. Oh well. Drake is good, I personally like him but I don't know if hardcore hip/hop fans will. He has so much hype right now and is arguably the biggest thing right now in Hip/Hop.

Alot of big names want to work with him(Kanye, Jay, Wayne)so I know his first album will be hot. And honestly there has been a hip/hop artist that has gotten this much hype before he was signed to a record lable then 50 Cent, so that seems promising(seeing how 50 Cent was the biggest artist a few years ago).

Best I ever his current single already went to #1 on Urban radio and has been selling alot of downloads. I like the song, but honestly don't see what is so different about him or special. His lyrics don't seem anymore deep or meaningful then most, but he is pretty good at what he does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back