This song makes you think

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]amwVyRH2B8A[/youtube]
A brief description of the video from Brett himself said:
"It is our routines and our comforts that allow us to ignore social issues. For some of us, it is our privilege to be ignorant. This video tells the story of social issues challenging our privileges and entering our routines making them impossible to ignore. Social injustice cannot be ignored when you are forced to deal with them. That is the idea behind this video.

What would happen if you were forced to deal with something that you may think has nothing to do with you? If suddenly the world's problems came into your own home? You would have to realize that you are connected to everything and everyone on earth."

Pretty good song. Here's some info on the Brett.

Brett Dennen
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Brett Dennen
Brett Dennen live in concert
Brett Dennen live in concert
Background information
Born October 28, 1979 (1979-10-28) (age 29)
Origin Oakdale, California, United States
Genre(s) Folk
Occupation(s) Musician, songwriter
Instrument(s) Guitar
Years active 2004–present
Label(s) Downtown Records
Website http://www.brettdennen.net/

Brett Dennen (born October 28, 1979[1]) is a folk/pop singer-songwriter from Oakdale, California.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Biography
* 2 Discography
* 3 References
* 4 External links

[edit] Biography

In 2004, Dennen released his first self-titled album, Brett Dennen. His second album, So Much More, including the singles "Ain't No Reason", "She's Mine" and "Darlin' Do Not Fear". Dennen also contributed a cover of "Private Life" to the 2006 tribute album Drink To Bones That Turn To Dust: A Toast To Oingo Boingo. Dennen's music has been featured in several television shows, including Roadtrip Nation on PBS, Grey's Anatomy, the House episode "Family", The Unit episode "Freefall", and the Scrubs episode "My No Good Reason". He also appeared live on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on April 8, 2008, Late Night with Conan O'Brien on February 9, 2009, and The Ellen DeGeneres Show on April 21, 2009. In addition to television series, Dennen's music has also been used in national advertising campaigns for companies such as Hilton Hotels.

He has toured extensively across the U.S. with his band (including drummer Randy Schwartz), supporting such musicians as John Mayer and guitar duo Rodrigo y Gabriela. In 2007, he toured with Guster and singer-songwriters Meiko and Joshua James.

Dennen has been a part of The Mosaic Project, a San Francisco Bay Area-based non-profit organization, since its inception. The Mosaic Project works towards a peaceful future by uniting young children of diverse backgrounds, providing them with essential skills to thrive in an increasingly diverse society, and empowering them to strive for peace. As The Mosaic Project's Resident Rock Star, Dennen created an original musical curriculum for the program, which they released as an album called Children's Songs for Peace and a Better World, in 2003. It won a Children's Music Web 2004 Award [1] and a Parent's Choice 2004 Approved Award.

In November 2007, Dennen was named as one of Rolling Stone Magazine's "10 Artists To Watch."[2]

In 2008, Entertainment Weekly named Dennen one of its eight "Guy on the Rise"[3] After a spring tour co-headlining with Mason Jennings and Missy Higgins, Dennen entered the studio to record his 3rd album. He spent the summer of 2008 on tour with John Mayer and Colbie Caillat, playing festivals such as the Rothbury Music Festival in Michigan, Telluride Bluegrass Festival and the Mile High Music Festival in Colorado.[4]

Dennen is currently signed to Downtown Records through a partnership with Dualtone. [5]

In 2008, Dennen, along with Jason Mraz, contributed the song "Long Road to Forgiveness" to the Survival International charity album Songs for Survival. Earlier in the fall, Dennen toured Australia with Pete Murray. In late October, Hope for the Hopeless, Dennen's third album, was released on the Downtown/Dualtone partnership. The song "Ain't Gonna Lose You" was featured on Grey's Anatomy and topped the iTunes folk charts. The record reached number 6 in the digital charts, and was followed by a successful mini-tour.[6]

In January 2009, Dennen embarked on a 3-month headlining tour of the US, with support acts Erin McCarley and Angus & Julia Stone.[7] Dennen also announced plans to tour the UK and Europe, including a show at the Hoxton Bar & Kitchen in London on the 7th May.[8] In 2009, Brett's song "Ain't Going to Lose You" was also used in the closing sequence of an Ugly Betty episode.

I think the song sucks. Thats what it made me think. Then again, you listen to ICP so your music taste is horrible.

It makes me think ...that the irony of this song is probably lost on most people. Yea, just as his song says, nothing changes and its always the same, just like how every few years there's another song by another soft spoken singer/songwriter who writes a song about how nothing changes but he has the power of love, and people need to change the world, and not be blind etc, etc, etc. I was tired of this drek years ago, and what a surprise nothing changes and I'm just as tired of it today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back