• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

This is England 88

Dowdsy McDowds

Sally was here
Following up on the success of This is England and This is England 86 (film and TV series respectively) Channel 4 has been showing ads for TiE 88 which will run from the 13th - 15th December. I cannot wait for this series as Shane Meadows is a great director and the cast were all terrific in both outings, especially Vicky McClure as Lol and Stephen Graham as Combo.

Anyone else going to be watching this?

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/883503-this-is-england-88-trailer-released-by-channel-4-watch-it-here

The trailer looks good, but I've never heard of this show. Probably because I am an American. Looks like it would be a good watch, though.

This reminds me i have to get watching this is England 86, hopefully it's still on 40D. If it's anything like the movie it should be great.

I'll be watching. TiE86 was an epic mini-series. Harrowing but completely engrossing. That's what TV should be.

I kept looking at the date today thinking there was something about the date I was forgetting, glad I've remembered in time that TIE 88 is kicking off tonight!

Whose going to be watching it? What do we reckon is going to happen?

From the ads it seems that Lol and Woody's rocky relationship from 86 is still facing problems with perhaps Lol connecting more with Combo after their incident with Lol's dad. I think given McClure's performance as Lol in the last series, the focus will be on her more than Sean but the whole cast are watchable, so it should be good!

The last mini-series was ok until mid-was through the second to last episode where it just turned to shit. One film and two and a half episodes and they couldn't develop one of the characters who is the catalyist for the finale.

Grim festive themed British drama, if this doesn't end with a suicide I'll be very surprised.

Yeah I think Lol will as I was reading a thing with the actress who said they were focussing on Lol's depression and feeling isolated and Shane Meadows banned the actress from spending time with the rest of the cast outside of filming.

Can't disagree with either of you, seems that Lol is most likely to meet a grim fate due to her baby, no Woody and haunted by her (step?)dad who was FUCKING creepy by the way.

I love the guy that plays Woody, the scene with the festive pay-packets then him taking the banter too far with his manager was so well done as it went from amusing to cringey in a smooth manner. Can't wait for tonight's show, hopefully see some Combo or Milk and Woody confront each other.

Damn I still haven't seen the TV series yet, but the film was one of my favorites of the last decade, have very fond memories of going to see it opening night of a film festival, Shane Meadows was there to do a Q&A and everything. Brilliant film. Totally forgot they adapted it to TV.

Damn I still haven't seen the TV series yet, but the film was one of my favorites of the last decade, have very fond memories of going to see it opening night of a film festival, Shane Meadows was there to do a Q&A and everything. Brilliant film. Totally forgot they adapted it to TV.

You lucky bugger! Did you ask him anything?

New series has been good so far, the ending of last night's episode was a bit naff and probably the weakest ending of an episode out of both series'. Gutted there's only one more episode to go, seems like they could have stretched it out to 4 eps but there have only been 3 main stories and no sub-stories this time around.

Well, the ending of last night's episode was emotional to say the least. Woody and Lol have great chemistry on-screen and it was great to see them both share screen-time at the end.

I was surprised to see Shaun get such little time on screen but then again his story wasn't the main one. Quite an under-written story for him this season I thought which was disappointing and he didn't come out as a very sympathetic character by the end.

Roll on TiE 90 and hopefully 4 parts instead of just the 3.

By the way, anyone know what the song was that played at the end of last night's episode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back