• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thinning out the roster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Martyn

Dazed and Confused
If you had to thin out the TNA roster by removing 6 wrestlers....who would it be....??? And Why!!!

My removals are in bold below.

Here's the current roster....

* Kurt Angle
* Basham
* Brother Devon
* Brother Ray
* Brother Runt
* Christian Cage
* Damaja
* Christopher Daniels
* Sonjay Dutt
* Chris Harris
* Havok (Johnny Devine)
* Hernandez
* Homicide
* Lance Hoyt
* BG James
* Kip James

* Jeff Jarrett
* Samoa Joe
* Kaz (Frankie Kazarian)
* Jay Lethal
* Jerry Lynn
* Martyr (Matt Bentley)
* Raven
* Rhino
* Robert Roode
* Chris Sabin
* Senshi
* Shark Boy
* Alex Shelley
* Sting
* James Storm
* AJ Styles
* Tomko
* Petey Williams
* Eric Young
* Konnan
* Kevin Nash
* Abyss
* Ron Killings
* Austin Starr
* Scott Steiner

The James Gang - Because they are so past it, yet still believe in the back of there minds that they are a huge draw. I have not cared about the new age james gang in years.

Lance Hoyt - Because he is so middle of the road...there is not much about him. He is vanilla...

Scott Steiner - controversial that choice may be...i have hated his in ring work as of late, his promos make up for it...because he is a nutter....but his in ring is slowing, if he wasnt king of the roids then he may still be able to move a bit better than he can...like the steiner we actually liked....

Tomko - Same as lance hoyt.....

Johnny devine - uhh...i cant say i have ever seen a match with him in that has impressed me...out of all the X-Division guys he is the least appealing.

i somewhat agree with ur choices but i'd have to say not to get rid of Tomko b/c he works very well in TNA, he gets a decent fan reaction and is another good addition to the upper middle class of the roster. now for the ppl i would get rid of. i would get rid of Scott Steiner, but not just yet. the steiners can bring in some money with their feud with Team 3D. i would also have them fued with LAX. than i would release Steiner. Now for the guys right away...

Johnny Devine.... not very appealing to the Tna roster. just looks like another jobber and hasn't proved to be very skilled.

The James Gang... you see that's a tough two to get rid of but i'd still do it b/c they don't have much in them like they used to they're not the same new age outlaws like before.

Raven- he needs to retire and doesn't have what he used to have. His group hasn't impressed n/eone as of late either. He can't wrestle anymore and is passed his prime.

Lance Hoyt- He's good and impressive but i don't see him as TNA style.. i think it would benefit him more if he went to the wwe but he's good but he's not quite there yet and is taking up some room on the roster.

Shark Boy- i don't like him at all, he may be popular and all but getting rid of him would give some more guys in the X Division some more of a chance and show what they're made of. i also don't see him as X Division Championship material.

My top 6 to get rid of would be.
1. BG James- No longer contributes more than a good promo every 6 months
2. Kip James- Comes across as a complete idiot
VKM should be dismantled by Basham and Damaja, put over MCMG, and then be released because they're useless to TNA, don't want to be their anyway, and aren't going to accomplish a damn thing in the WWE even if they go back their.
3. Sonjay Dutt- Honestly someone that I will never be able to take seriously as a X-Division and certainly Tag or World Champ. He's small, his moves are stale, and overall he is unimpressive. Besides from what I have told is that he is only on the roster because TNA is popular in INDIA, and what the hell being popular in INdia is going to do to help TNA I have no idea.
4. Havoc(JOhnny Devine)- He isn't talented, not that special and quite frankly there are alot of Canadian athletes not signed by TNA that are alot more special. He also decided to shoot on TNA and you know what if he doesn't want to be there then they should release ass the minute contract renewals come up.
5. Ron Killings- He is talented, very talented but he isn't a star and that what TNA needs to realize, they don't need anyone on the roster that isn't star material and isn't going to make them any money. Also its been said that he wants to be released, then by all means TNA should fire his wanna be rapper ass. Maybe ROH can make him into a superstar, because other than that he may be heading south of the border.
6. Kevin Nash- You know what Nash can contribute alot to a product, but they are using him to his fullest ability, hell they haven't done anything with Nash in probably a year. If they aren't going to use him they should release him and let him go back to the WWE so he can wrestle in a triple threat with Batista and Mark Henry and the winner will be the person who gets injured first.

Honorable mention- Austin Starr- You know what he is talented as hell and can contribute a hell of a lot to the X-division but you know what he has a major attitude problem, and attitude problems aren't what TNA needs. One of the best things about TNA ,that wrestlers have said is the lockeroom. If he is going to be TNA'S version of Randy Orton and he wants to look for work elsewhere then you know what they should him go to ROH, or WWE so he can wrestle on Heat in front of the 200 people that actually watch that damn online show.

If you had to thin out the TNA roster by removing 6 wrestlers....who would it be....??? And Why!!!

My removals are in bold below.

Here's the current roster....

* Kurt Angle
* Basham
* Brother Devon
* Brother Ray
* Brother Runt
* Christian Cage
* Damaja
* Christopher Daniels
* Sonjay Dutt
* Chris Harris
* Havok (Johnny Devine)
* Hernandez
* Homicide
* Lance Hoyt
* BG James
* Kip James

* Jeff Jarrett
* Samoa Joe
* Kaz (Frankie Kazarian)
* Jay Lethal
* Jerry Lynn
* Martyr (Matt Bentley)
* Raven
* Rhino
* Robert Roode
* Chris Sabin
* Senshi
* Shark Boy
* Alex Shelley
* Sting
* James Storm
* AJ Styles
* Tomko
* Petey Williams
* Eric Young
* Konnan
* Kevin Nash
* Abyss
* Ron Killings
* Austin Starr
* Scott Steiner

The James Gang - Because they are so past it, yet still believe in the back of there minds that they are a huge draw. I have not cared about the new age james gang in years.

Lance Hoyt - Because he is so middle of the road...there is not much about him. He is vanilla...

Scott Steiner - controversial that choice may be...i have hated his in ring work as of late, his promos make up for it...because he is a nutter....but his in ring is slowing, if he wasnt king of the roids then he may still be able to move a bit better than he can...like the steiner we actually liked....

Tomko - Same as lance hoyt.....

Johnny devine - uhh...i cant say i have ever seen a match with him in that has impressed me...out of all the X-Division guys he is the least appealing.

I'm saying Shark Boy because I don't like the gimmick and never did and I find him to be dead weight just like Norman Smiley. I would ditch all 3 of Saratonin because I haven't bought into the gimmick and it's holding back Raven from anything big. Scott Steiner because he's slow, heavy and almost nobody can put him over in singles. Even Kurt Angle couldn't put him over.

* Kurt Angle
* Basham
* Brother Devon
* Brother Ray
* Brother Runt
* Christian Cage
* Damaja
* Christopher Daniels
* Sonjay Dutt
* Chris Harris
* Havok (Johnny Devine)
* Hernandez
* Homicide
* Lance Hoyt
* BG James
* Kip James
* Jeff Jarrett
* Samoa Joe
* Kaz (Frankie Kazarian)
* Jay Lethal
* Jerry Lynn
* Martyr (Matt Bentley)
* Raven
* Rhino
* Robert Roode
* Chris Sabin
* Senshi
* Shark Boy
* Alex Shelley
* Sting
* James Storm
* AJ Styles
* Tomko
* Petey Williams
* Eric Young
* Konnan
* Kevin Nash
* Abyss
* Ron Killings
* Austin Starr
* Scott Steiner

Kurt Angle - because he's going to end up killing himself. If i were TNA, i wouldn't want that on my shoulders.
Havok - who the hell is the guy? I don't remember ever seeing him on tv.
BG/Kip James - they gimmick just plain sucks. Kip james is the strongest of the duo.
Kevin Nash - the dude is too old. He should hang it up. He is funny though
Scott Steiner - Is it me, or does he have heart-attack written all over him.

I can't believe people still buy into that bullshit excuse that Vince came out with over the release of Kurt. The man is fine. He wrestles two or three times a month in TNA for a combined total of 20 minutes if he's unlucky. If he dies in a TNA ring - there's a higher probability it will be because of cholesterol than due to physical exhaustion or injury.

As far as shedding the fat, there is a lot of talent that in my opinion are not cut out for or who do not belong in TNA.

VKM - Boring. Enough said. Can't wrestle. Don't have the hip in their hop that they were once so beloved for, and they are just well... old. Old physically and they have had their run. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is tired of seeing them. Its like all the guys Hulk brought in when he went to WCW. He brought in the who's who of 1980s WWF fame and nobody wanted to see them anymore.

Shark Boy - his gimmick pisses me off. No room for it in modern wrestling. And aside from that he has nothing that no other guy in that locker doesn't have and who can't do it better than Shark Boy anyway.

Bashams - why? Send them back to the indies. They were not necessary, they are not necessary and never will be. Doesn't this company have enough body-builders? Bring back the fkn Naturals. TNA complains the Naturals never got over. Who the fuck is putting these two clowns over? That office needs a reality check.

Black Machismo/Ghandi - I like Jay and Dutt, but there alter-egos gots ta go bye-byes. I can't stand this shit. Both these guys already had great gimmicks. They were themselves. How is making them look like dicks gonna get them over. Becoming a circus sideshow is not the way to get these guys attention. Its a bad type of attention to attract. They need to be top line heels in a X-Division faction with the ruthlessness of the nWo on a crusade to get the division some respect by taking out the heavyweights.

Sting - stealing way too much time from the younger guys. You can argue he's putting guys over, but did Joe/Daniels and Abyss really need to be put over? They are over. And he sure as hell is not bringing in viewers. The same people watch TNA every week, and they wouldn't tune out if Sting went missing. IMO Sting is doing shit all but delaying the progression and development of this company. Fuck him off and use the $500,000 you pay him to bring in a whole host of Indy guys who will rip the roof of the Impact Zone and bring TNA into the next stage of its evolution.

Scott Steiner - he doesn't demand as much time as Sting, but the same problem. Scotty has been honorable and humble in his latest run and for that I would like to applaud him. He has been putting guys over left, right and center since he debuted. A complete professional - which shocked me after years of hearing about what a problem he was backstage. However, the same rings true for Scott as it does for Steve. He is unnecessary. The money paid to Scott is better spent elsewhere.

Jeff Jarrett - his 100% time and attention should be spent behind the scenes making this a better product. He shouldn't be worrying about hitting the gym and keeping in ring-shape. He needs to be talking to ROH guys, nudging some WWE guys for attention, talking to TV networks, getting TNA some fkn exposure (their biggest problem).

Don West - Kevin Nash should be moved to commentary. Good-bye West. Tenay should also be relegated to his old third-wheel role in WCW. They need a better play-by-play. Schiavone would be cool, as would Joey Styles - who one could argue is ripe for the picking after the travesty that is ECW unfolded before his unforgiving eyes.

Other mentions include: Johnny Devine, Matt Bentley, and Hoyt.

If I had to thin out the TNA roster, I'd remove:

Team 3D - Not what they used to be, plus WWE is in need of some decent tag teams. I mean Val Venis and Viscera, come on dude.

VKM - **Same as Team 3D, but Johnny Nitro and Kenny Dykstra, come on dude. Second, who the hell came up with the bright idea to name a tag team Voodoo Kin Mafia.

Rhino - I don't really like TNA that much, so I want him in WWE. ECW needs and original who is some drunk bastard with a fucking stick.

Kevin Nash - Don't like TNA and I would like to see a reformation of the nWo (Black & White or Wolfpac) with Nash as the leader or maybe he can start wrestling again.

Note: Scott Hall would be a nice addition if Vince could lure Nash back.

If I had to thin out the TNA roster, I'd remove:

Team 3D - Not what they used to be, plus WWE is in need of some decent tag teams. I mean Val Venis and Viscera, come on dude.

VKM - **Same as Team 3D, but Johnny Nitro and Kenny Dykstra, come on dude. Second, who the hell came up with the bright idea to name a tag team Voodoo Kin Mafia.

Rhino - I don't really like TNA that much, so I want him in WWE. ECW needs and original who is some drunk bastard with a fucking stick.

Kevin Nash - Don't like TNA and I would like to see a reformation of the nWo (Black & White or Wolfpac) with Nash as the leader or maybe he can start wrestling again.

Note: Scott Hall would be a nice addition if Vince could lure Nash back.

^^^I don't think this was a thread of who you would want in WWE it's about who you don't think should be in TNA because they just don't work there.

Anyways I say first VKM - They are just boring anymore. They're not good in the ring and are only ok anymore on the mic so get rid of em.

Lance Hoyt - He's just not anything special. He's boring and can't do anything no one else can't.

Jarrett - I agree with attlia that it might be better to think about working more backstage but he still has something to offer in the ring but just a little less in the ring maybe which it seems hes doing that.

Don West - I don't hate the commentary as much as some people here but I think Nashg could do better.

I don't agree with people saying Tomko because I think he really is improving and will be very good.

I would get rid of their announcing team because they are the worst announcing team that I have ever listened to. They scream for no apparent reason and are really annoying and they both enjoy to point out the obvious. I would also get rid of Shark Boy and Dutt because both of their gimmicks and wrestling styles are ******ed. Finally, I would get rid of Lance Hoyt because everything about him is boring and I would get rid of Ron Killings since he wants to leave and he isn't that great anyway.

want to defend a few people that have been said to be cut from the roster

1st
Jarrett - The man is TNA Triple H he carried TNA and you can say he has held the championship too much but he made a good one his matches are always good and his mic work is solid. When he is gone from TNA something seem to be missing I think he is needed on TV just as much as talking to network executives and trying to get exposure. I would like to see the 2 hour deal as much as the next guy but to be honest him being on TV working matches and PPV only takes up a few days of the month. I know I was way happy to see him back on TNA TV after his break.

2nd
Raven/Saratonin - Let's be honest this group was doomed from the start they never were given real direction it seemed as if TNA gave up on the group before then made it on TV they have left them job out every chance they could. I see much potential in the group if given the proper chance I would like to see Kaz (Frankie) maybe after Daniels is done with Sting have him join forces with him and then we could see Raven and his loyal go battle Daniels and his loyal. I just think you look at that group you have Frankie, Matt Bentley, and Johnny and Raven so much talent in that group. I do think Raven is nearing his end as far as in ring action but he has proven time and time again that he is so skilled on the mic and TNA need guys like that to get others over he could take on a James Mitchell type role.

3rd
Black Machismo (Gimmick) - Come on can you say that it has not been good for him he need to ride this along with TNA as he is way over and its thanks to this gimmick. He has always had the talent but was never really able to get the fan support well not like he dose now and I have hope with this gimmick we will see him beat Sabin this sunday and take the X-Belt.

There are other i disagree with but these are the majors

Now for who should go
Shark Boy - The guy has fan support but he is a waste he is good preshow I guess but even for that he is a waste of money and TV time I say let him go as he will not be missed.

Tomko - The guy is big and that all good I guess but he offers nothing to TNA yes former WWE guy but he was nothing more then a lacky there same thing he will and has been in TNA. He will never steal the show let along put on a 5 star match he is a waste he is just not suited for TNA.

That is all I really think need to be cut from TNA the rest have potential and seem to give us memorable matches maybe not every time but here and there and they do add some name value to TNA guys like Team 3D and VKM

I would get rid of their announcing team because they are the worst announcing team that I have ever listened to. They scream for no apparent reason and are really annoying and they both enjoy to point out the obvious. I would also get rid of Shark Boy and Dutt because both of their gimmicks and wrestling styles are ******ed. Finally, I would get rid of Lance Hoyt because everything about him is boring and I would get rid of Ron Killings since he wants to leave and he isn't that great anyway.

I agree. Their announcing is terrible! I can't even stomach watching Impact as these 2 clowns scream and are just plain annoying. They need to go first of all, there are plenty of good announcers out there, they just ruin the show. They point out the obvious...do they think we are morons? They need to do the WWE style, less screaming and atleast try to sell the match and tell a story. I would also can Cornette or atleast take him off screen, his voice is mindnumbing and his pot shots at WWE are stupid. His personality is just plain annoying.

As for wrestlers...Bob Backlund needs to be canned as he is old and can't work a good match..I never understood why he was there. Also Nash as he adds nothing to the promotion and never wrestles. He is worthless. The biggest is scott steiner.....That man is so hepped up on the roids he can barely walk to the ring or bend his arms. They need men who can wrestle a good match, not this washup has been who seems winded after walking for 2 mintues.

I think if they cut Don west from the announcing team and replaced him with kevin nash then it would make a huge differance, Nash is great on the mic and freaking hilarious to boot.

One thing they need to do with the annoucing is have the two announcers take sides. A Heel/slightly unlikable Commentator and then a face/calls it as it is announcer. Its the winning formula.

Austin Starr- If a damned near 60 year old washed up guy that looks like Howdy Doody can get over more than you, then it is time to hang it up. I have never been keen on the whole Austin Starr gimmick and liked him better when he was Austin Aries and used the Crucifix Bomb for his finisher. His roster spot can be used on so many freshly released WWE guys or some indy guy who can bang a mic like Sal Renaro. Jason Cross would even be money better spent here.

Havok- There seems to be a consensus on this young man and Ihave to agree. He sucks. He's a jobber for life. The guy can't get over no matter what gimmick they give him. He just needs to go elsewhere. (Insert Teddy Hart here for maximum exchange.)

Brother Ray- He's gotten fat, complacent, and can't even elevate enough to pull off a decent 3D. He's merely riding his legacy all the way tot he bank, and the buffet table as well. He's expendable cuz WWE won't want him in his current shape (round).

Brother Devon- Even though he reshaped his physique and can move around the ring, when you spend a whole career being an oversized hypeman to Brother Ray, then you tend to get a repuation for sucking on the mic. He can't get over without Ray, plain and simple. It's been proven. WWE wouldn't want him back either.

Sonjay Dutt- This guy does every single stupid thing they tell him will get over. First the sprinkler and now Ghandi. Sinple fact is that non of it works and he ends up being nothing more than a popular "also-ran". He doesn't have what it takes to ascend to the level of title holder so why keep him? Eventually, he will lose his luster.

Senshi- In the day of the wrestler, Low Ki ruled the squared circles of TNA with stiff shots and a rugged style that brought a new tyle of wrestler to the forefront. Unfrotunately in the day of the promo, the way of the warrior is boring and uneventful. He can't carry a mic, then he can't be a credible champion and therefore is of no use. So double stamp his pass on out the door ASAP.

Honorable mention- Lance Hoyt- The big man didn't make the upper part of the list because he still has use as a body guard. He's a big man. Something that is a premium. If they put him in the right situation, he can get some crowd response. Not sure why though.

I don't understand why people don't like Sonjay? Ya, his gimmick is dumb, but that is TNA's fault not his. How can somebody say his style is "******ed?" He is one of the more interesting to watch in the x-division. Same with Senshi, he doesn't need to be fantastic on a mic, he lets his abilities speak for him, that is his character. And whatever jackass said that Ron Killings couldn't be champion give me a break. Have you ever listened to the crowd when he makes an entrance? He gets an unbelievable pop. All these guys have the potential to be champions in their own respected divisions as long as they are pushed the right way, and right now TNA is not doing it.

My 6 cuts to the roster:

Lance Hoyt: Like everybody else has said, he just doesn't fit in.
Havok: Again, like everybody else said he is dead weight.
Bob Backlund: His promos don't make any sense, it just makes TNA kinda look like a joke. Although he was a respected wrestler, his promos and angles don't seem like they are targeting the generation of fans that used to watch him.
Scotty Steiner: Plain and simple, he is too immobile, too old, and that dangly thing on his beard freaks me out.
Team 3d: As much as I used to love 3D, and was so happy they were in TNA a year ago, Bubba Ray has gotten so fat it's embarrassing. He is looking immobile now. If he could lose some weight then hell yeah keep em, but not in his current status. Also, they always call for the tables, and never finish with a 3d through one. It gets old.
Don West: Again like everybody has already mentioned, his commentary to me is real annoying. I agree with everybody that Nash should take over, and be in a sense a "heel" announcer, to balance it out. Also, they need to slow mike tenay down, there isn't a second during a TNA match that either he or DW aren't talking. Take a couple second break and take a breather!

I would keep Sharkboy, because he does get a good pop and he is mainly used as a glorified jobber. He is used IMO as more of a "Brooklyn Brawler" but not as extreme.

I would also keep VKM, because I still thing if put in a decent feud, they still have some juice in em. Remember, they were the most popular tag team in the attitude era, people haven't forgotten that.

Austin Aries, I don't care what anybody says, this guy is impressive. One of my favorite people to watch in any type of match. It is too bad that TNA and Aries couldn't come to a mutual understanding of one another, I would have loved to watch him have a long prosperous career there.

And of course Senshi and Dutt because of what I said above.

I can't remember what others I was going to defend, but that'll do for now.

I can't believe people still buy into that bullshit excuse that Vince came out with over the release of Kurt. The man is fine. He wrestles two or three times a month in TNA for a combined total of 20 minutes if he's unlucky. If he dies in a TNA ring - there's a higher probability it will be because of cholesterol than due to physical exhaustion or injury.

As far as shedding the fat, there is a lot of talent that in my opinion are not cut out for or who do not belong in TNA.

VKM - Boring. Enough said. Can't wrestle. Don't have the hip in their hop that they were once so beloved for, and they are just well... old. Old physically and they have had their run. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is tired of seeing them. Its like all the guys Hulk brought in when he went to WCW. He brought in the who's who of 1980s WWF fame and nobody wanted to see them anymore.

Shark Boy - his gimmick pisses me off. No room for it in modern wrestling. And aside from that he has nothing that no other guy in that locker doesn't have and who can't do it better than Shark Boy anyway.

Bashams - why? Send them back to the indies. They were not necessary, they are not necessary and never will be. Doesn't this company have enough body-builders? Bring back the fkn Naturals. TNA complains the Naturals never got over. Who the fuck is putting these two clowns over? That office needs a reality check.

Black Machismo/Ghandi - I like Jay and Dutt, but there alter-egos gots ta go bye-byes. I can't stand this shit. Both these guys already had great gimmicks. They were themselves. How is making them look like dicks gonna get them over. Becoming a circus sideshow is not the way to get these guys attention. Its a bad type of attention to attract. They need to be top line heels in a X-Division faction with the ruthlessness of the nWo on a crusade to get the division some respect by taking out the heavyweights.

Sting - stealing way too much time from the younger guys. You can argue he's putting guys over, but did Joe/Daniels and Abyss really need to be put over? They are over. And he sure as hell is not bringing in viewers. The same people watch TNA every week, and they wouldn't tune out if Sting went missing. IMO Sting is doing shit all but delaying the progression and development of this company. Fuck him off and use the $500,000 you pay him to bring in a whole host of Indy guys who will rip the roof of the Impact Zone and bring TNA into the next stage of its evolution.

Scott Steiner - he doesn't demand as much time as Sting, but the same problem. Scotty has been honorable and humble in his latest run and for that I would like to applaud him. He has been putting guys over left, right and center since he debuted. A complete professional - which shocked me after years of hearing about what a problem he was backstage. However, the same rings true for Scott as it does for Steve. He is unnecessary. The money paid to Scott is better spent elsewhere.

Jeff Jarrett - his 100% time and attention should be spent behind the scenes making this a better product. He shouldn't be worrying about hitting the gym and keeping in ring-shape. He needs to be talking to ROH guys, nudging some WWE guys for attention, talking to TV networks, getting TNA some fkn exposure (their biggest problem).

Don West - Kevin Nash should be moved to commentary. Good-bye West. Tenay should also be relegated to his old third-wheel role in WCW. They need a better play-by-play. Schiavone would be cool, as would Joey Styles - who one could argue is ripe for the picking after the travesty that is ECW unfolded before his unforgiving eyes.

Other mentions include: Johnny Devine, Matt Bentley, and Hoyt.

The fact is I wouldn't watch TNA if Sting weren't in it tbh. I mean if Sabu came back to TNA and Sting left I would probably watch it but other than that there would be nothing keeping me watching TNA at all if Sting or Sabu weren't there. Sting is just Sting, a legend in the business and the same goes for Sabu, a legend in the wrestling business and I've been watching them wrestle in WCW/ECW since the early 90's.

I would get rid of Angle,Tomko,Cage,Team 3D,Sting,Nash,backlund and the Steiners.Oh yeah can forget VKM,Bashams.

I would get rid of Angle,Tomko,Cage,Team 3D,Sting,Nash,backlund and the Steiners.Oh yeah can forget VKM,Bashams.

Now VKM, Steiners, and Team 3D I can understand. But Sting, Cage, and Angle? Are you crazy? Angle plyas the legitimate badass on the roster, Sting plays the legend, and Cage, well he makes for one hell of a heel. just wait until :robvandam: You kno wwho shows up. lol Then you will see some damned good matches!

Now VKM, Steiners, and Team 3D I can understand. But Sting, Cage, and Angle? Are you crazy? Angle plyas the legitimate badass on the roster, Sting plays the legend, and Cage, well he makes for one hell of a heel. just wait until :robvandam: You kno wwho shows up. lol Then you will see some damned good matches!

Angle is a cripple plus Samoa Joe is a better badass.Mistake on Sting,he can stay but Cage can go he is too WWE,they need a TNA heel which Robert Roode fits perfectly.And by the way forget R-V-D!TNA got enuff talent on homebase They Just need better bookers to push them correctly

With the tag division in the way that it is in TNA, they need all they can. You may not like those teams but with the Naturals gone and AMW split up, you don't have much else. Sting is an icon to the business and the only guy the WWE couldn't sign and never will since he dubbed working for the WWE the equivalent of selling your soul to the Devil. Kurt Angle has put on some great matches in TNA and I never seen two guys push each other beyond their limits like Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle have in the ring. VKM, okay it's an improvement above the James Gang but they can work if the gimmick is tuned up a bit. Christian Cage right now is their top heel since Jarrett has stepped down so that's not happening. You want to cut some guys. Here's a good way to go.

Serotonin
Shark Boy
Austin Starr
Konnan
Kevin Nash
Backlund
Raven (if they don't do something better with him)
The Steiners ( Look at them, they are too old to be doing what they did as a team and Scott Steiner blows. I'm probably one guy who was not looking forward to the Steiners vs 3-D )

Oh and calling Kurt Angle a cripple, thats low. Yeah he's banged up but you want to blame somebody, blame the WWE and the schedule they gave him. He pretty much broke his body for that company and for what, so they could slap him in some joke brand that they have the nerve to call ECW? Oh and with Senshi ( Low Ki ) the only reason we don't see much of him is because TNA is too focused trying to push Lethal and Dutt with gimmicks they don't need and sacrificing the skill that we know they have. And cause of that, we don't see guys like Petey Williams or Senshi get an X-Title shot. Oh and with Christian Cage, you can think of a better heel to carry that company better then him right now aside from Jeff Jarrett you let me know and don't say Robert Roode cause he's not ready yet. He's ready? Why? Because he beat Jeff Jarrett and Petey Williams? I don't think so. Get him out of this angle with Eric Young and we'll talk.

actually (although harsh) calling angle a cripple is sort of true, i mean his neck is broken in about 5 different places so i'm afraid that it is an almost accurate description (almost because he isnt in a wheelchair.... yet)

Angle is a cripple plus Samoa Joe is a better badass.Mistake on Sting,he can stay but Cage can go he is too WWE,they need a TNA heel which Robert Roode fits perfectly.And by the way forget R-V-D!TNA got enuff talent on homebase They Just need better bookers to push them correctly

Wait wait wait. Notice that I sais that Angle was the LEGITIMATE badass. Imean the man has a rep for winning a LEGITIMATE wrestling match, in the Olympics noless, with a broken neck. If that doesn't get you a tough guy image, then I don't know what will. Yeah, Joe plays the badass pretty damned good, but he is one WWE contract away from wearing a flowered skirt and a lay and calling himself "Gentle Joe- The Samoan Hugging Machine". You can't do that with Angle. No matter how goofy they played his character out to be, with the milk and everything, he still looked like a badass.

And as far as being a crippler, let's see.... Hogan=Cripple, Flair=Cripple, Benoit=Cripple, Michaels=Cripple, Triple H=Cripple, Henry=Cripple, Undertaker=Cripple, Randy Orton=Cripple. And the list goes on and on of wrestlers who wrestle past these things.

Cage has the whole creepy and needful personality where he can not only get himself over but pull along Tomko and several others in the process. he's the type of guy who they will always need.

RVD? To pass on him would be foolish. Nuff said.

Serotonin
Shark Boy
Austin Starr
Konnan
Kevin Nash
Backlund
Raven (if they don't do something better with him)
The Steiners ( Look at them, they are too old to be doing what they did as a team and Scott Steiner blows. I'm probably one guy who was not looking forward to the Steiners vs 3-D )

Now now, the Serotonin gimmick can go, as well as Havok, but Bentley and Kazarian has way too much skill and talent to go.

Shark Boy is the lovable guy who gets a win every now and then. You can't get rid of him. Plus, the DSD still kicks ass. He has to have the best finisher that ANY jobber ever had.

Austin Starr? Yeah, I agree fully.

Konan? He can still work the crowd and gets LAX over big time.

Kevin Nash? no way. The man prolly aint gonna wrestle again, but he kicks ass when it comes to banter. Plus he would make a great heel announcer.

Backlund? Shit, he's in better shape than half the wrestlers in the world. But yeah, he can go as well.

Raven? Yeah, either he needs to go back to the old gimmick or get lost. Cuz this new shit aint getting over.

Steiners? Well my Steiner Line is... RETIRE! ;p;

Oh and with Christian Cage, you can think of a better heel to carry that company better then him right now aside from Jeff Jarrett you let me know and don't say Robert Roode cause he's not ready yet. He's ready? Why? Because he beat Jeff Jarrett and Petey Williams? I don't think so. Get him out of this angle with Eric Young and we'll talk.
How about Christopher Daniels could make a better heel if they gave him back his 2005 look and attitude and you can't discount his credentials.James Storm could also make a great heel and plus both of these are guys TNA put on the map.And the reason I say get rid of Angle is because he is still a cripple and ever since ,at least to me,he came to the company the little quality they had has dropped.WWE does not bring guys in and immediately give them the world title why should they?Thats just plain stupid.And not that the matches with Joe and Angle wasn't great but it was done way too early,tripping on bad booking I guess.How come everybody Joe has loss to came from WWE,Angle,Christian and Tomko.These 3 guys have yet to put on a match that surpasses matches put on by TNA,s best homegrown talent.If you can name one.

Well you can give up the pipe dream of Christopher Daniels going back to the way he was, won't happen. Don't get me wrong, I hate this new personality of his because frankly I feel there was nothing wrong with him to begin with. And immediately? Kurt Angle was given the belt it's true but he debuted in an actual match in October. So he's gained the belt 9 months after he debuted. That's not what you would call immediate. And Angle was given the Intercontinental belt 3 months after he debuted. Now that is quick. But 9 months is not what you would call immediate. Oh and if you're going to blame Angle for the quality in TNA dropping, that's crazy. Blame the bookers, blame Russo and blame those guys but Kurt Angle didn't make Chris Sabin and AJ Styles change personalities which made no sense, the booking team did. Angle didn't make AMW split up, that was the booking and Harris and Storm wanting to split up. I will admit that TNA is off of it's game but I'm not for one second going to blame it on one wrestler. And yes, Angle was banged up when he came to TNA (And I refuse to say cripple because labeling a guy as a cripple because of injuries to me is being a judgemental a-hole), but he was in better shape than he was when he was working like a dog for the WWE. The guy's neck was pretty much shattered before wrestlemania but he still gave us the main event everyone wanted and you got the nerve to crack on him for putting his career on the line for the company and fans that wanted the match? Pardon me if I don't stand on the same pedestal as you on that one. Oh and as far as Joe goes, He lost to Tomko by outside interference in case you forgot and Joe would have won the belt if he didn't get into trouble with management

whoa whoa calm down i didn't mean to strike a nerve.

Well on a lighter note and on the subject of "Thinning out the Roster", Konnan is gone and so is Ron the Truth Killings. Now, I'm sad about Truth going because he's got killer skill in the ring. Konnan however, I been begging for that to happen since the split of the 3LK. He's just annoying as hell and to me the only thing that was holding back LAX from being a great tag team. It's not like he was ever going back into the ring. But now the big question, what does that mean for Homicide and Hernandez? What is the next step for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back